Captains Circle question.

cimarrongirl

Like the others have said, who pays has nothing to do with the passenger's Captain's Circle Account. Once the passenger is booked, that booking goes into their Personalizer so they can complete their PIF; once the cruise is completed, they get the credit for taking the cruise.

Like the others have said, who pays has nothing to do with the passenger's Captain's Circle Account. Once the passenger is booked, that booking goes into their Personalizer so they can complete their PIF; once the cruise is completed, they get the credit for taking the cruise.

You're right but a bit unfair! :eek:

Depends on how you look at it. The point of the program is to encourage repeat cruising. If you consider that, it seems that it only makes sense for the cruise line to give the cruisers that take the cruise the points. Just sayin'.

as others have said, the person in the cabin gets the captains circle credit.

Just thought I would mention that if you have a Princess Visa and you charge all the fares to that card you will get double points for the purchase and you could cash in for OBC :)

How is it unfair? My daughter has been Elite for 2-3 years and I've paid for every single one of her cruises. That's my choice and my gift to her. It never occurred to me to take credit for her cruises. If you want credit for what you've paid for, book more cruises and leave those you've paid for in the past at home. :) Edited by Pam in CA

How is it unfair? My daughter has been Elite for 2-3 years and I've paid for every single one of her cruises. That's my choice and my gift to her. It never occurred to me to take credit for her cruises. If you want credit for what you've paid for, book more cruises and leave those you've paid for in the past at home. :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly Pam -- I don't see any reasoning that makes this unfair.

Can you imagine the problems that would arise if a cruiser could achieve their elite status on their second cruise on Princess? Just get together with a group of people and collect their monies ... and pay for it out of one account? That would certainly dilute the elite benefits at warp speed. Everybody's elite now.

That scenario is what seems unfair to me.

How is it unfair? My daughter has been Elite for 2-3 years and I've paid for every single one of her cruises. That's my choice and my gift to her. It never occurred to me to take credit for her cruises. If you want credit for what you've paid for, book more cruises and leave those you've paid for in the past at home. :)

Ill say it :)

This is why you're so respected on this forum. You make sense in what at times is a scratch your head world:)

Thank you :cool:

Whenever I sail with a "cabinmate of convenience" usually one of us puts the entire fare on their credit card and is reimbursed by the other. Most of the time my cabinmate has the card with better travel incentives so they pay Princess and I write them a check. So they should get two Captains Circle credits, and me none?

The Captains Circle department at HQ would end up spending their entire time deciphering every single booking to determine which member is responsible for which other member's method of payment in determining who gets how many credits rather than each passenger having their Circle status match their actual onboard time. Would be real interesting to see how they handle bookings paid with multiple credit cards but not split perfectly proportionately.

And its none of their business who pays for who anyways.

Edited by fishywood

Its my understanding, upon ones first booking, a Captains Club number is open in his/her name, each cruise credit is based on that persons sailings going forward. It doesn't matter who pays, how they pay or what they pay with, the credits are based on sailings not who paid.

I am available for adoption.........just saying

We are planning a surprise cruise for our family. If we are paying for all 5 cabins will that count for Captains Circle acct.? It's probably wish full thinking, just thought I would ask!

Nope. We pay for two cabins a lot when we take our mom, and she gets the credit, in fact, she gets double credits since she is a single and we pay. The joke in my family is my mother will probably reach elite before my husband does and she's only gone on half the Princess cruises [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been on all three sides of this situation:

- I have booked and paid for my own cruises.

- I have been the recipient of gift cruises.

- I have gifted cruises.

My husband and I book and pay for all of our cruises. The one cruise I did solo- was also my purchase.

I have also paid for my adult son (23 years old) to have his own cabin on cruises. We cruise with him on the holidays- I would never think of leaving him home- after all, there are only three of us now. I also have no expectation that he could afford a solo cruise fare on a 10 day cruise at 23. Yes, he has a full time time job and is fully self-supporting.

My mom often treated me to cruises. This was a two way street. She was not well enough to travel alone- or with friends her age. She also trusted very few people. While she would write the check, I would plan, book, and pay for all of our excursions. I would pay for airfare. I would pay for meals- when ashore or in specialty dining. I also worked my arse off- packing her, hauling her luggage and assitive devices, pushing her in a wheelchair, setting up the cabin to increase her accessability. In the end, it really became a bit of a job. All of the planning, hauling, adapting were a lot of work for me. Truth be told, I would do ANYTHING for just one more cruise with my girl. Just one more day...