Aurora - tell me her secrets.

Scorpio41

Hi Scorpio41,

No, you can't have breakfast in there I'm afraid. The only passengers who can do that are Suite ones who have an area at the back.

They serve the normal stuff that all Glass Houses serve - all day menu and wine by the glass/bottle.

Not sure about 'Hot Chocolate' at night - we only drink wine in there I'm afraid! :)

We were really disappointed at the loss of Café Bordeaux as we too enjoyed breakfasts and light lunches there. We think the new Glasshouse lacked a bit of atmosphere - it was in the early days and wasn't used much but that might have changed. But having said that we did have a couple of lunches there (payable of course) and thought they were really good. Still sorry the Café Bordeaux has gone because of what it had to offer but have been somewhat converted to the Glasshouse. Just a pity they couldn't have both!

Cafe Bordeaux. I loved their homemade soup at lunchtime and the lazy breakfasts you could have in there.

I know they were moving the library to the cyber centre any other changes good or bad?

Well, the library was replaced with Sindhu, which is an extremely good move IMO, and they've added the Beach House to part of the buffet restaurant area in the evening, which is well worth trying.

Aurora was our first big ship back in her maiden year (2000/1) and she's been one of our favourites ever since. She is one of the best ships at sea for stability which should help you!

Enjoy her. :)

Edited by Cruise Puss

On our 1st P&O cruise in 25 days, so glad we chose Aurora

Aurora is our favourite, just the right size and beautifully tiered stern.

She has a dedicated cinema and two evening entertainment venues.

A wide wooden promenade deck which goes all the way round the ship.

Have a great first P&O cruise on Aurora. :)

We are on Aurora soon - we must be amongst the few who would have preferred to see The Epicurean on Aurora rather than Sindu. We tried Sindu on Azura, knowing that we are not fans of Indian food. The food was beautifully presented but I'm afraid it just isn't to our taste - the food served in Seventeen - now The Epicurean - was fantastic. We've been there several times and would have loved to see a branch on Aurora, particularly as in 2018 we've booked for the 65 nights South American cruise. I did love the library as it was on Aurora - haven't been on her since the refit - so I hope it's not become a tiny affair like the ones on Azura and Ventura - hardly any room to move, let alone sit and read should anyone want to.

Still for all that Aurora is fast becoming our favourite ship - so elegant. For Adonia fans she reminded me of a larger version of Adonia.

They were really pushing sindhu and Beach House on Oriana. We are just home from her last Saturday. I never saw Sindhu full, mostly half empty. While in the Conservatory having lunch, they would come round and try to flog both of them.

We went to two free buffets in the Conservatory. The Indian one was as usual superb. I know it's not served to you, but the food was really good. So was the Thai one.

We are on Aurora soon - we must be amongst the few who would have preferred to see The Epicurean on Aurora rather than Sindu. We tried Sindu on Azura, knowing that we are not fans of Indian food. The food was beautifully presented but I'm afraid it just isn't to our taste - the food served in Seventeen - now The Epicurean - was fantastic. We've been there several times and would have loved to see a branch on Aurora, particularly as in 2018 we've booked for the 65 nights South American cruise. I did love the library as it was on Aurora - haven't been on her since the refit - so I hope it's not become a tiny affair like the ones on Azura and Ventura - hardly any room to move, let alone sit and read should anyone want to.

Still for all that Aurora is fast becoming our favourite ship - so elegant. For Adonia fans she reminded me of a larger version of Adonia.

I'm on that cruise too! Nip over to the board and say hello! The library is tiny on Aurora now and it's also the cyber place too, so terminals in there as well, which croowds it out sometimes with people trying to sort out connection problems and stuff.

Even though curry is my favourite food, I would agree that Epicurean would be a far better fit than Sindhu, which I find to be somewhat style over substance. I've yet to have a curry in Sindhu that I prefer to any jar of curry sauce that I use to make my own! I should say though that my wife and daughters enjoy Sindhu very much.

By contrast, Epicurean on Britannia is my favourite restaurant at sea and it's dissapointing that Aurora hasn't been blessed with one.

My husband and I love Sindhu, and have also experienced Benares in London, which is extraordinary, however the food is not to everyones tastes. We also love Epicurean and agree it would be great to have one on Aurora.

It is a shame to have lost the Library, as it was, as it was an extremely good one, but to be fair she did need another select dining venue.

She continues to be one of our favourite ships.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

I'm on aurora very soon, first time can anyone tell me if she has a steak house?

She has a beach house which does steaks, some of which you can cook yourself. On Aurora from Tuesday so hopefully I can give up to date info on quality of the steak.

She has a beach house which does steaks, some of which you can cook yourself. On Aurora from Tuesday so hopefully I can give up to date info on quality of the steak.

The steak is fillet steak and usually very good.

Menu 1

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/BeachHouse_example1

Menu 2

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/beachhouse_menu.pdf

Brian

I'm on the same cruise, but I'm not a great steak fan. Give me roast beef any day. :)