NCL 2018 Prices

Luvtoeat

I have 2 future cruise deposits that I can use in the next 2 years and have been searching for cruises from Tampa or Canaveral. The prices for a balcony on a 7 day cruise from either port just seem crazy high. Prices seem to be around $2200-2300. We will be going on an 11 night Celebrity cruise shortly that was $2550 by not taking the free perks and will be getting an additional TA discount on that price. I know it's supply and demand but can't believe that NCL is such a hot item to demand these prices. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the 2018 prices are on the high side.

NCL Prices are just crazy any more. I've been with them a long time, but am constantly reconsidering at this point. I love the product, and obviously have been goaded into spending more, but it just keeps going up.

A few years back in 2009 we booked an inside room on a 14 night cruise for $500/pp. Our upcoming cruise I paid over $5000 for a 7 day (albeit in a spa suite). Along with these increases there have been decreases in service, but on the plus side some perks (like free drinks).

I really, REALLY want to stick with NCL (especially because I enjoy the Haven/Suite perks), but it's hard to justify 5-$8,000 per year for a cruise.

I have never cruised with NCL, because I usually find something that is much cheaper while in the planning phase and I get fixated, but I have wanted to try them for years, particularly considering their new ships and their fleet modernization, I really like the direction that NCL is headed. I have had my eyes on the Bermuda cruise from New York on Breakaway since the ship got there, and I told myself that I would wait until the Breakaway was a few years old so it would be cheaper, but now with them moving the Escape to New York, it will be pretty expensive and I do not think the NCL Bermuda cruise is an option. I also looked into the Dawn from Boston, and that was shocking as well. The week we want is $1009 for an OV stateroom before taxes and fees on the Dawn, and $1249 for an OV stateroom before taces and fees on the Escape. Are these usually this high? I don't know but it seems awfully high to me.

NCL Prices are just crazy any more. I've been with them a long time, but am constantly reconsidering at this point. I love the product, and obviously have been goaded into spending more, but it just keeps going up.

A few years back in 2009 we booked an inside room on a 14 night cruise for $500/pp. Our upcoming cruise I paid over $5000 for a 7 day (albeit in a spa suite). Along with these increases there have been decreases in service, but on the plus side some perks (like free drinks).

I really, REALLY want to stick with NCL (especially because I enjoy the Haven/Suite perks), but it's hard to justify 5-$8,000 per year for a cruise.

Back in late March we booked the January 26th 2018 sailing on the Jade. Our Mini suite was $4200 with dining and beverage package (for 2) with $300 OBC. We had cancelled it in May and booked the BA 14 day. Anyway I just checked the price of the Jade, same cabin category is now $7000....for a mini suite....with NO OBC. Right now our 14 day on the BA, going to the same ports is $2500 less in a Spa Balcony:')

I booked my March 2018 cruise is April 2016 and have been monitoring the prices since then through an automated tracking site. The price has never gone down below the initial list price. It has bounced up and down. I got one of the last AARP discounts and used a FCC plus used the Amex bonus right after I booked ($100 credit for $500 spent), so I'm feeling like I got a pretty good deal at this point.

I have never cruised with NCL, because I usually find something that is much cheaper while in the planning phase and I get fixated, but I have wanted to try them for years, particularly considering their new ships and their fleet modernization, I really like the direction that NCL is headed. I have had my eyes on the Bermuda cruise from New York on Breakaway since the ship got there, and I told myself that I would wait until the Breakaway was a few years old so it would be cheaper, but now with them moving the Escape to New York, it will be pretty expensive and I do not think the NCL Bermuda cruise is an option. I also looked into the Dawn from Boston, and that was shocking as well. The week we want is $1009 for an OV stateroom before taxes and fees on the Dawn, and $1249 for an OV stateroom before taces and fees on the Escape. Are these usually this high? I don't know but it seems awfully high to me.

Boston and New York have always been more expensive in part due to the high port charges, but $1249 for a 7 night OV is a little out of wack. I booked a 9 night out of NOLA, SF aft suite about a year ago for not much more.

Boston and New York have always been more expensive in part due to the high port charges, but $1249 for a 7 night OV is a little out of wack. I booked a 9 night out of NOLA, SF aft suite about a year ago for not much more.

Oh yes I know, I live in Annapolis, MD so the northeastern departure ports are usually a tad more expensive but when you go to factor in flights, theyre usually still cheaper, but those prices seemed a little expensive to me.

Oh yes I know, I live in Annapolis, MD so the northeastern departure ports are usually a tad more expensive but when you go to factor in flights, theyre usually still cheaper, but those prices seemed a little expensive to me.

We sailed on the Dawn on the last Bermuda cruise of the season and it wasn't too badly priced. The weather was still great in Bermuda, so it was a win/win for us.

I sailed the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda 5 years ago. Since then the prices have gone way up because it has become so popular and you don't need airfare. It's all supply and demand.

Prices are high because everyone expects perks. NCL accommodates that desire, but they are certainly not giving them away free and as a result pricing is higher than you would expect. I do not know of any other line that give such perks.

We booked our Epic cruises this past Jan. for Jan. 2018. They were $549pp for an inside. Now, one cruise is $949pp for an inside and the other is $1279pp for an inside. The insides sold out really quickly for some reason. There is no way I would pay that much.

I am looking at Jan. 2019 and they are ridiculously high IMO also.

I have 2 future cruise deposits that I can use in the next 2 years and have been searching for cruises from Tampa or Canaveral. The prices for a balcony on a 7 day cruise from either port just seem crazy high. Prices seem to be around $2200-2300. We will be going on an 11 night Celebrity cruise shortly that was $2550 by not taking the free perks and will be getting an additional TA discount on that price. I know it's supply and demand but can't believe that NCL is such a hot item to demand these prices. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the 2018 prices are on the high side.

No, I don't see it. Checked my TA and they are offering a 7 nite caribbean, UDP, $50 excursion credit and $100 shipboard credit for $699. Now this is a window. A balcony goes for $1049. When you said $2200-2300, were you talking about 2 people or was that each? Yea, each sounds high, but not for two with comps.

No, I don't see it. Checked my TA and they are offering a 7 nite caribbean, UDP, $50 excursion credit and $100 shipboard credit for $699. Now this is a window. A balcony goes for $1049. When you said $2200-2300, were you talking about 2 people or was that each? Yea, each sounds high, but not for two with comps.

The $2200-2300 was for 2 people for 7 days on NCL ]with perks but my 11 nights on celebrity is costing $2400 with the TA discount and no perks. I guess it comes down to how valuable the perks are to each cruiser.

The $2200-2300 was for 2 people for 7 days on NCL ]with perks but my 11 nights on celebrity is costing $2400 with the TA discount and no perks. I guess it comes down to how valuable the perks are to each cruiser.

You are right. I got a 10 night on celebrity on 4 may 18 with all comps and total is $3400 for two. That's a thousand more than you paid without perks. Just like you said, it's what you think it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I bought a used VM Rabbit 10 years ago for like $1500 and now see that a new BMW 7 Series is almost $73,000.