Is Royal starting to Bend?

rt1092

RCI had great discounts recently (late September) for the Anthem of the Seas Thanksgiving cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prices just dropped for the Allure Thanksgiving cruise, $629 for Boardwalk balcony and $696 for OV balcony.

What's is going on , oasis class ship is less than 500$ inside cabins. I never though that price was real until I made a fake booking.

Final price 973$ for 2 passengers [emoji3][emoji3]

And their new "improved" website is so screwed up that you can't go by the first prices that show up. I had to go thru the entire booking to get the cheaper rates. I even had to go onto a big box site to make sure that those prices were there. Very sad!!

Our Grandeur cruise in a couple of weeks is sold out and the prices only went up after we booked it. Supply and demand. All Baltimore cruises on Grandeur for October are sold out.

Mary Anne

What's is going on , oasis class ship is less than 500$ inside cabins. I never though that price was real until I made a fake booking.

Final price 973$ for 2 passengers [emoji3][emoji3]

For a three day Bahama getaway!!!! Not a seven day cruise. Not a great price on a per person / per night basis.

Their Lead Page shows 3-night cruises starting at $149, which was available this morning for the Enchantment in November. It's gone now. That was a discount price but probably fell within Fain's guidelines since it was not exactly last minute.

Interesting to see a very popular web site showing the Enchantment launch fares to be $1400 (+/- a little) for almost all 3 and 4 nighters in November and then offering their price at 80% off. Something ain't kosher there!

Edited by Tagsalong

For a three day Bahama getaway!!!! Not a seven day cruise. Not a great price on a per person / per night basis.

Their Lead Page shows 3-night cruises starting at $149, which was available this morning for the Enchantment in November. It's gone now. That was a discount price but probably fell within Fain's guidelines since it was not exactly last minute.

Interesting to see a very popular web site showing the Enchantment launch fares to be $1400 (+/- a little) for almost all 3 and 4 nighters in November and then offering their price at 80% off. Something ain't kosher there!

Yesterday there were several under $500 rates for inside cabins for November OA and AL 7 day sailings. I just looked and they are gone this morning.

And the sad part is you had to go thru almost the entire booking process on their website to find it. When I started the process the initial rates for each category were NOT the discounted rates that were there yesterday. SAD!!!

Edited by molly361

They say in print months ago that they will not Discount. They type of client that goes for the discount cabin doesn't spend on the ship either. They do want to make a profit. The best cost is always 1 yr + in advance. Then if the price drops just re-do the booking at the lower cost. This way you lock in a cabin location and at least a cost before it can go up. You can always get a full refund before the final payment. After the finial payment if the cost goes down you can upgrade the cabin. I've done that on Allure Dec 6th. If you wait you are rolling the dice. The house usually wins.

Those 80% off fares are often based upon brochure prices, kind of like MSRP.

Prices just dropped for the Allure Thanksgiving cruise, $629 for Boardwalk balcony and $696 for OV balcony.

I nearly fell out of bed, yesterday, when I just happened to check pricing for the 22 NOV sailing of Allure! My D5 ended up being cheaper than an Oceanview with a South Carolina Resident Discount! I immediately BOOKED two (2), D5 Staterooms on Deck 14, right next to one another. I will have the Stateroom Attendant pull the balcony divider and we'll be "adjoining". So happy!!! :D

I nearly fell out of bed, yesterday, when I just happened to check pricing for the 22 NOV sailing of Allure! My D5 ended up being cheaper than an Oceanview with a South Carolina Resident Discount! I immediately BOOKED two (2), D5 Staterooms on Deck 14, right next to one another. I will have the Stateroom Attendant pull the balcony divider and we'll be "adjoining". So happy!!! :D

That's great- especially since those rates seem to be gone today