NCL headed to BORA BORA!!

I was on the breakaway a couple of weeks ago and had a long talk with the cruise consultants, Shane and Martin I think, and they let it slip that the Sun was headed to Bora Bora in late 2018 from San Diego. They said it was going to be a one time trip so maybe headed to Australia? Anyone else heard anything similar?

Sounds like it would be an amazing cruise!!!

I was on the breakaway a couple of weeks ago and had a long talk with the cruise consultants, Shane and Martin I think, and they let it slip that the Sun was headed to Bora Bora in late 2018 from San Diego. They said it was going to be a one time trip so maybe headed to Australia? Anyone else heard anything similar?

Sounds like it would be an amazing cruise!!!

Will be interesting to hear. The new cruises will be bookable for Latitude members Feb 9 I think. Must be a trans Pacific cruise. I am booked in 2017 to AU from Hong Kong on Spirit. There are a few doing AU/NZ area but not seen Bora Bora. It will be interesting to see 2018!

Will be interesting to hear. The new cruises will be bookable for Latitude members Feb 9 I think. Must be a trans Pacific cruise. I am booked in 2017 to AU from Hong Kong on Spirit. There are a few doing AU/NZ area but not seen Bora Bora. It will be interesting to see 2018!

On the Star?

We'd love to see a Pacific cruise to include Pape'ete Tahiti, Bora Bora and other exotic ports onroute to Au/NZ. I think that would be awesome.

Feb. 9th hurry up and get here (not that I expect the 2018 season to be posted too but...)

On the Star?

We'd love to see a Pacific cruise to include Pape'ete Tahiti, Bora Bora and other exotic ports onroute to Au/NZ. I think that would be awesome.

Feb. 9th hurry up and get here (not that I expect the 2018 season to be posted too but...)

Oops, got mixed up with my next one! Maybe if I see something more exciting I will drop one.

Edited by lettienets

I would love to go to Bora Bora!

How long would a cruise like that take? I am willing to forfeit any holiday in 2017 for that :D

I think this type of cruise would be anywhere from 10 - 21 days ... longer depending on the stops I guess.

And actually, I think it was the Sun, not the Star (sorry, my bad) which was spotted as scheduled stop in Pape'ete, Tahiti as well. Not holding my breathe on this but would certainly generate a lot of interest IMO. :D

I think this type of cruise would be anywhere from 10 - 21 days ... longer depending on the stops I guess.

And actually, I think it was the Sun, not the Star (sorry, my bad) which was spotted as scheduled stop in Pape'ete, Tahiti as well. Not holding my breathe on this but would certainly generate a lot of interest IMO. :D

Paul Gauguin who sails regularly out of Tahiti has had a couple trips to/from Australia when they have done drydocks in Australia. Those trips were right around 14 days as I recall with a few stops along the way. They have been very reasonable. They have a drydock next year I believe so we'll have to see where they go. PG really does French Polynesia well.

Paul Gauguin who sails regularly out of Tahiti has had a couple trips to/from Australia when they have done drydocks in Australia. Those trips were right around 14 days as I recall with a few stops along the way. They have been very reasonable. They have a drydock next year I believe so we'll have to see where they go. PG really does French Polynesia well.

So, if NCL were to do a trip from, say San Fran., would you guesstimate the cruise would be around 21 days or longer? Just not sure how DH would feel about a trip that long :eek: Sorry, I mean from SF to Au/NZ

Edited by All-ready2cruise

We did Tahiti to Hawaii in 2005 and that was a 12 night. I'm thinking the 21 nights will be likely unless it's BTB cruises SD to Tahiti, Tahiti to Australia which would be better and would include 2 tours of the south pacific which is so amazing, it's unbelievable. Once you're outside of Papeete it's the best place on earth.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Apparently it is going to be an 18 day one way from San Diego to Tahiti then 18 days back to San Diego.

Followed by the 'round the Horn trips ? Hope so but who knows. Even the idea of an out & back to Tahiti as two cruises seems a bit odd.

They certainly do!

Hey - what are you doing over here? You are always on the PG boards.

We are doing our second trip in August.

Ha ha ha ha yes I know. My wife alerted me to a possible NCL transpacific so I will be checking it out. Yes I will be back on the PG July 2017! If price is right here..... What the hell!