Another beverage package question

CLOU

We are new to Oceania, with many first Regent and more recently Seabourn cruises under our belts. We are trying our first Oceania cruise and since we are used to all inclusive lines, we are getting the beverage package. I was wondering if you purchase the beverage package if you can go to the bar and get two drinks at the same time, or if they will only allow one because they don't want you using the package for someone else's benefit. My husband and I often fetch drinks for each other and would like to be able to do that. If it is an issue, would it make any difference if you brought the second room key? I apologize if this question has been asked before but I am also relatively new to the Oceania board. Thanks.

Usually if you go to the bar they will take your order & bring the drinks to you where ever you are seated ... at that time you can give the waiter your cards

They do this whether you have the package or not

If you are both not present when they bring the drinks then maybe have both cards at the ready

we do not buy the package so not sure how it works at that point

Technically you should have both cards, but if the bartenders know both of you, and know you have a package, sometimes they can just put in your room number for the person without the card. This is my recent experience.

Technically you should have both cards, but if the bartenders know both of you, and know you have a package, sometimes they can just put in your room number for the person without the card. This is my recent experience.

This has been our experience as well. We did not buy the beverage package on our current cruise as we were totally off the ship for one day and mostly off a couple of others. So you have to figure out how much time you are going to be spending actually on the shipto determine if it is a good deal for you thaparticular cruise.

True, when we took the package I would always carry my partners card-like they said before once they got to know you it didn't matter. Enjoy your trip "0" is a good line to cruise, we always looked forward to our cruise. Right now we're trying Regent out for a few cruises but am sure will be back for another "O" cruise. We tried SilverSeas, it was good and we enjoyed it, but not great.

If one is not seated at the bar, a waiter will bring your drinks to your table. The bartender often encourages you to go back to your seat.

Typically during happy hour, they only serve one of the 2 for 1s at the same time. They will later bring the second drink, often times after asking if your ready for the second one. The staff may allow a passenger to have two drinks in front of him occasionally, such as at the end of happy hour, if they get a late order in. This is typically not the case however. Service is typically fairly quick, except during happy hour!, and the wait staff does not stack drinks for passengers.

Most typically, but not always, the bar staff brings the bill, when the cruisers signifies they are ready to leave. The cruiser then gives the wait staff their room card, which shows they either have the drinks package, or the charges are applied to the room. Rarely do they ask for the card before one is ready to leave. The process is much like any fine dining or bar. If one goes into Ruth Chris, they don't ask for your credit card after bringing your first drink! Now, if they believe you have (or attempted to) stiffed them for a drink, you might get a different set of actions. The wait staff is very alert and attentive!

I had another thread going on this subject, but instead of bringing it back up, I'll ask here. ;)

I did get in touch with our TA who is going to arrange for us to have the House Select package added to our account. And then we can upgrade if we feel the need.

Is there an indication on the card of having a drink package, or does it only show up when swiped in a computer? I ask because if we decide to switch to the Prestige Package, and there is suppose to be an indication on the card, could we receive new cards?

Is there an indication on the card of having a drink package, or does it only show up when swiped in a computer? I ask because if we decide to switch to the Prestige Package, and there is suppose to be an indication on the card, could we receive new cards?

someone in the know can confirm but I believe when you have either beverage package there is a code visible on your card so if you upgrade you will get new cards with the new code

someone in the know can confirm but I believe when you have either beverage package there is a code visible on your card so if you upgrade you will get new cards with the new code

+1

The Beverage Package level is physically embossed onto the World Card of the guest, in raised lettering, similar to the numbers on a credit card.

Changes in the Package will require that a completely new card be produced.

This takes less than five minutes, and the Front Desk does the work.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on O 20 times, but I've never done the beverage package. I think I am going to do it this time, so if I take the package and I want to upgrade to the premium, do I do it when I board or before?

Does someone have a "sure" answer as I have seen conflicting ones.

Thanks

I've been on O 20 times, but I've never done the beverage package. I think I am going to do it this time, so if I take the package and I want to upgrade to the premium, do I do it when I board or before?

Does someone have a "sure" answer as I have seen conflicting ones.

Thanks

We have the basic beverage package as our O-life promotion selection. I have been told by O I can ONLY purchase the upgrade once on board. We cannot purchase the upgrade in advance.

Otherwise their drinks are very small. You need a package for each person. You can upgrade the O-life package on board.

Just to clarify for others, you only need a drink package for those who want one. Some other cruise lines you must buy the package for everyone in the cabin, not on O.

I was on the Regatta recently. We had the O-Life included basic drinks packages of wine and beer with meals as part of our fare. As soon as we boarded the ship we went to the reception desk on deck 4 and upgraded it to the all-inclusive package. It was an additional $20 per day (using onboard credit). We were issued new cards that had "BIB" printed on them, so the wait-staff knows you have the Premium package. We were told to place the cards on the table when we were seated. The waiter or wine steward will take the cards, take your drink order, then return with your cards and drinks. You do not sign for the drinks and you do not need to give them your card after that, no matter how many drinks you order at that meal (or visit to Martinis or Horizons). That system worked very well as we could get up and leave at any time without having to wait for our cards to be processed and returned to us. Also, the butler would bring cocktails to our cabin when requested. He knew we had the BIB package and never needed to see our card. It was very nice not to worry about the cost of drinks or having to sign for drinks.

What is the math on how many drinks per day make the basic package a good choice? For example, if you have 3 glasses of wine per person per night, does a drink package make any sense? Haven't been on O yet and don't know the costs,but have a summer booking.

What is the math on how many drinks per day make the basic package a good choice? For example, if you have 3 glasses of wine per person per night, does a drink package make any sense? Haven't been on O yet and don't know the costs,but have a summer booking.

On the Preismans blog there are some bar menus with prices you can get an idea of what you drink & if it works for you

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

If you prefer to drink in a lounge or a bar, you'll need to compare prices of the Premium Package, not the basic one which only covers wine or beer during meal service. ;)