First time on HAL - Are disposable slippers provide in Staterooms?

Cahpek

We shall be going on Holland America for the first time soon, although we have cruised with other lines a number of times.

Can we ask HAL cruisers whether the cruise line provide complimentary disposable slippers in their staterooms? (We have booked a verandah cabin/stateroom. The reason we mentioned this is we understand that on HAL, certain staterooms get certain amenities and others do not, eg inside staterooms do not have a fridge but other staterooms have.).

Also, for the shampoo in the bathroom, does house-keeping provide them in individual bottles or is it available via a dispenser "stuck" on the wall of the shower?

Hope we will get some answers to these queries.

Thank you.

Sorry, we made a grammatical error in my tread Heading.

Instead of writing:

"Are disposable slippers provide in Staterooms?"

It should be:

"Are disposable slippers PROVIDED in Staterooms?"

Sorry about that folks. Guess we'd better go back to school and attend English classes! Gulp!!

No to the slippers in verandah staterooms and yes to the shampoo dispenser and body wash on the shower wall. We did have an individual bottle of body lotion as well as a bar of hand soap for the sink.

Koningsdam 3/17

Yes they are in certain cat. - The Neptune and Signature Suites - Noordam, Oosterdam, Hal ships of that group.

also - the Pinnacle Suite and Vista Suites - Maasdam, Volendam, Hal ships of that group

We have received them 3 times - Noordam, Maasdam and the Volendam and still have them

Sorry, we made a grammatical error in my tread Heading.

Instead of writing:

"Are disposable slippers provide in Staterooms?"

It should be:

"Are disposable slippers PROVIDED in Staterooms?"

Sorry about that folks. Guess we'd better go back to school and attend English classes! Gulp!!

Please, if that's the worst you can do you should be teaching English classes. Have you read some of the posts on this board!?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was going to suggest heading to your local dollar store and picking up a pair of slippers each for use in your cabin, then leave them in the trash can on the last morning. We usually bring slippers we get in hotels for that purpose.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

You can get 20 pairs of them, 10 small size & 10 large size for $25.00 on Amazon. We have them for house guests.

Yes, we know. We have slippers too. It's just that if they provide them on the ship, we would have one item less to pack. You know due all those airline weight restrictions, every little (less weight) helps!

Yes, we know. We have slippers too. It's just that if they provide them on the ship, we would have one item less to pack. You know due all those airline weight restrictions, every little (less weight) helps!

I think you are on the same cruise as us, and I feel your pain on packing light for the baggage restrictions. Especially going up to the North Cape, and needing to take coats, boots, hats, gloves & scarves for that chilly Northern scenic cruising. We have even booked business class for our 1 hour flight to Amsterdam just for the extra baggage allowance. Otherwise we would only have had 23kg, which was really tight.

Yes they are in certain cat. - The Neptune and Signature Suites - Noordam, Oosterdam, Hal ships of that group.

also - the Pinnacle Suite and Vista Suites - Maasdam, Volendam, Hal ships of that group

We have received them 3 times - Noordam, Maasdam and the Volendam and still have them

On Maasdam and Veendam, disposa bl e slippers are provided to guests in neptune and Pinnacle suites. OP, Which ship are you sailing?

On Maasdam and Veendam, disposa bl e slippers are provided to guests in neptune and Pinnacle suites. OP, Which ship are you sailing?

We are going on the Koningsdam. Unfortunately, we are only booking in a Veranda cabin, so unlike passengers who are fortunate enough to be in the Neptune and Pinnacle suites, it looks like for our cabin class , we afre not entitled to free slippers . Guess we have to accept that and know our "hole" as the "under-class" on Holland America! Nevermind.

Edited by Cahpek

Am I the only one who reads "disposable diapers" whenever they see this thread? :o

Disposable diapers? That's a good one! However, we don't think HAL or any cruise line for that matter, would provide disposable diapers. Besides, at our age, don't think we would have a need for disposable diapers (touchwoodx3) !!!:)

We hope we will meet folks like you with a wonderful sense of humour , on our cruise. It would make the traveling experience so much more enjoyable!!! Cheers.

Hello,

On many of the ships you can use the sauna at no cost. Inside the locker will be a robe, towel and disposable slippers. Your just need to go to the Greenhouse Spa, trade your room card for a locker key and use the sauna with the aforementioned items.

Perhaps things have changed. Just a 'heads up'. I'm sure folks on recent sailings will correct me if this protocol has changed.

Be well.

Bob:)

However, we don't think HAL or any cruise line for that matter, would provide disposable diapers.

This is getting off-topic, but HAL (and every other cruise line, I'm pretty sure) definitely do provide disposable diapers. In fact, when my family took the cruise to the north cape on the Rotterdam quite a few years ago, my now 13 year-old was in diapers. We paid HAL to have diapers, wipes, and baby food in jars ready for us in our cabin. I think we would have used our whole baggage allowance on our flights just carrying those items, had HAL not been able to provide them!

We are going on the Koningsdam. Unfortunately, we are only booking in a Veranda cabin, so unlike passengers who are fortunate enough to be in the Neptune and Pinnacle suites, it looks like for our cabin class , we afre not entitled to free slippers . Guess we have to accept that and know our "hole" as the "under-class" on Holland America! Nevermind.

You're not missing much. We had slippers in our Neptune suite and they were rubbish - the cheapest most uncomfortable slippers we have ever had. They weren't even branded with a logo. Because I wasn't sure if we would get slippers on the ship we brought the ones we had at our Vancouver hotel and were glad we did.