RCCL will not refund lower price changes

bigfunjohn

My wife and I are diamond plus and always book a junior suite but we are concerned about RCCL price drop policy. Our November cruise on Allure dropped $600 after our payment and now our January cruise on Allure has dropped after our full payment. Our travel agent and my direct communication with RCCL was to no avail. I even suggested OBC or upgrade but NO NO NO.

Loyal to Royal?? Maybe not in the future.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The current price drop policy has been in effect since mid 2010, so over five years.

They do let you upgrade after final payment, however maybe there was nothing available/acceptable for your cruise?

Edited by clarea

My wife and I are diamond plus and always book a junior suite but we are concerned about RCCL price drop policy. Our November cruise on Allure dropped $600 after our payment and now our January cruise on Allure has dropped after our full payment. Our travel agent and my direct communication with RCCL was to no avail. I even suggested OBC or upgrade but NO NO NO.

If you are in fact diamond plus. Then the RCCL pricing policy should be no suprise to you. so you are placing a post to complain about the policy that is widely known?

Most RCI cruisers I think are aware of this. And with your cruising experience PLUS using a travel agent, you should have been told/aware of this.

Perhaps if prices have dropped that much, maybe you can upgrade for very little extra or for the same price......while its not $$$ back, ur still taking advantage of the price drop in a way.

Edited by monctonguy

Welcome to Cruise Critic...:rolleyes:

Personally I pay the price I think is fair, and try not to look after final payment.

Let's face it, somebody is always paying more, or less, for most things we use. I just try to pay what I think is fair, and enjoy.

If only more people would listen to this voice of reason! :)

Most RCI cruisers I think are aware of this. And with your cruising experience PLUS using a travel agent, you should have been told/aware of this.

Perhaps if prices have dropped that much, maybe you can upgrade for very little extra or for the same price......while its not $$$ back, ur still taking advantage of the price drop in a way.

Agree 100% ;)

Yes, frustrating, but I think most cruise lines have this policy now. Happened to us on our Allure cruise also. I usually don't check prices after final date, but someone mentioned it our roll call so of course I had to check it out ;)

Anyway, enjoy your cruise, I did!

Policy has been this way for years. Most other companies too.

Royal will upgrade you, but no OBC

I sympathize. $600 is a LOT of money.

Maybe the answer is to hold off booking until after final payment date, since that's when they seem to drop the most. I won't be booking ahead again...

I sympathize. $600 is a LOT of money.

Maybe the answer is to hold off booking until after final payment date, since that's when they seem to drop the most. I won't be booking ahead again...

What if it's one that doesn't drop? I tried your idea once and ended up paying more than I would have if I booked early

What if it's one that doesn't drop? I tried your idea once and ended up paying more than I would have if I booked early

Unfortunately, that's been my experience (our category not dropping) for almost all our recent cruises.

Good point. On my next cruise, which I booked way in advance, I am paying less for a balcony cabin than an interior before it sold out a few weeks ago.

Overall, I have had only 1 cruise where price dropped so much that it was like, wow, but what the heck, but I was committed. Understand how the OP feels, but I still usually book pretty much in advance especially since I like to make sure I get the cabin I want, too.

If you can.......it's best to book when the new itineraries come out. I know that means planning well over a year in advance. I have not seen my cabin category go below the price I paid. Even after final payment.

I would never book 60 days before final payment as the prices look highest at that point. Might as well wait.....

RCI about a month ago for my Anthem cruise coming up in 10 days. They refunded the money right to my credit card. Must have been a newbie. I'm not complaining.

Did you book after final payment & get the price drop within the 24 hour gty. period?