Are there items you wish were in the onboard shops?

AllisonJames

Recent comments on another thread got me thinking about this -- are there items you would like to see in the on board shops? For me it is a Christmas ornament. We started a tradition years ago of buying an ornament representing each ship we have been on but I couldn't find any in the shops on the Quest. I don't know, maybe this is more popular on the mass market lines and there isn't any demand on Azamara? We have a "travel tree" with ornaments representing different destinations and cruise ships.

Recent comments on another thread got me thinking about this -- are there items you would like to see in the on board shops? For me it is a Christmas ornament. We started a tradition years ago of buying an ornament representing each ship we have been on but I couldn't find any in the shops on the Quest. I don't know, maybe this is more popular on the mass market lines and there isn't any demand on Azamara? We have a "travel tree" with ornaments representing different destinations and cruise ships.

I collected ship magnets at one point. none on this line. like to see more travel size drugs .in Europe easy to find a Chemist but in Asia. I try to carry everything i need or think i need.

See my post "hurt on transatlantic" I forgot to mention that I asked the doctor for a heat pack or a rub like Ben gay. No heat pads in the medical center. He told me to get the rub cream in the gift shop. I went there & of course, they didn't have any. I don't know why they don't sell OTC in Azamara's shop. I bought a travel size Vicks vapor rub on a Princess cruise. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My advice to all is to travel with a small first aid kit containing the basic pain relief medications, plasters, a few small dressings, anti nausea pills, anti diarrhoea pills, etc. Think about your usual health weaknesses when travelling and take the necessary items to treat them. It just makes financial sense as well as being good for your health.

Totally agree.

IMO the shops were too small, even though they were supposed to have been re-moddled, as there was a Grand Opening on the Quest TA.

The prices were also high. My husband usually buys a cap and tee shirt and was waiting for the 'specials' day at the end of the cruise. Of course we were in port the last 4 days of the cruise and by the time we left, it was too late to go shopping ( one disadvantage of Azamara ships staying late in port )

I pack everything that I could conceivably need. :eek: There is little that I would want to buy once on board the ship, well, maybe a tee shirt. :D So, the answer is no, there is nothing I wish was carried in the shops. I rarely even step into any shop on any ship.

Newbies to Azamara here - I having been studying their website re on-board facilities. Their description of shops available is sparse at best - and no mention of duty-free as regards drinks and tobacco.

Is there DF or isn't there?

Newbies to Azamara here - I having been studying their website re on-board facilities. Their description of shops available is sparse at best - and no mention of duty-free as regards drinks and tobacco.

Is there DF or isn't there?

No DF. One shop sells Jewellery and the other sells general toiletries, cruise clothing, handbags, and ornamenty type things. I have been on a cruise and never entered the shop. If you want cigarettes and alcohol I think you may need to buy them on shore.

Thanks tiggertom - reading up on Singapore airport sounds like I'm SooL re duty-free cigars - ah well - I have a couple of days on land before boarding to try to feed my horrible habit:rolleyes:.

Edited by SteveH2508

Before this cruise, I had never been on Azamara (it tried to autocorrect to Aramark again), and it had been 6 or so years since I cruised at all. I don't even remember what I found in stores on ships back then, but I seem to remember a rack of "needs" on one wall. I don't remember loving what Regent had in their shops all that much either, though; maybe it takes one of the mainline ships to stock a shop with more stuff. I love to browse in the shops, whether I think I need things or not; I did get a really cute necklace for my 14 year old granddaughter, who loves stuff that isn't what you would think a young teenager would like. They had Fossil purses, but I don't know what price range those should be.

Last cruise,i lost a screw out of my glasses,first day.Didnt want to face 12 more days of sticky taped glasses,so down to the shop and lo and behold a package with one little screw driver and 2 different size screws.$6.95.

Was one happy girl,and its now packed for tomorrows off.

Would love a half decent replica model of the ships we have cruised on, the only ones we see look like half baked collapsed cakes.

They are horrid.

Last cruise,i lost a screw out of my glasses,first day.Didnt want to face 12 more days of sticky taped glasses,so down to the shop and lo and behold a package with one little screw driver and 2 different size screws.$6.95.

Was one happy girl,and its now packed for tomorrows off.

Would love a half decent replica model of the ships we have cruised on, the only ones we see look like half baked collapsed cakes.

They are horrid.

And you'd pay about that for the repair kit at home, I now keep one in our "cruise kit" never needed it so far, but others have.

As the shops are concessions with only a couple of main players things that are available in the shops tend to be similar across most cruise lines. Main difference is the space available to display the items, Azamara shops being small we have learnt to ask if we need the odd essential item as it's surprising what they actually do have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Getting back to the topic of what guests buy while traveling with Azamara, our current guest blog post is entitled "Cregneash on the Isle of Man." The writers mention their quest for their annual travel souvenir:

"The Cregneach gift shop offers beautiful handiwork using the distinctive gray wool of the Manx Loaghtan sheep. The shop also yielded the most important travel souvenir we purchase each year—a Christmas tree ornament to mark our travels. (As lifelong cruise fans, we developed this tradition decades ago so that tree decorating helps us recall the many ports we have visited over the years.)"

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/cregneash-isle-man