Wait staff entertainment on Carnival

pattydoro1128

Too busy and disrupt everyone's dinner would be my guess. I don't mind the show but would prefer my food served hot and quick over the song and dance routine.

The dancing doesn't happen until dinner is over so it shouldn't interfere with your meal.

Yeah, I like it too. Does anyone know of any other cruise lines that do it. I was on the Princess in February and they did the same as the Carnival last year which was on our last night. There was no dancing, but they did sing, which I enjoyed.

Yeah, I like it too. Does anyone know of any other cruise lines that do it. I was on the Princess in February and they did the same as the Carnival last year which was on our last night. There was no dancing, but they did sing, which I enjoyed.

Royal Carribean wait staff in the MDR do this towards the end of the cruise - just the one night though

The dancing doesn't happen until dinner is over so it shouldn't interfere with your meal.

Or you could have MTD and it could.

I could live if the whole thing was pitched. It is cringe worthy. fun a time or two and then cheesy and feel kind of bad for the staff.

I always felt bad for our staff. They were already running themselves to death getting everyone served when they would have to stop and put on some cheesy costume and dance around.

They always smiled through it, but the trying to catch up when they were done seemed very hard.

Some of the staff are clearly into it while others feel uncomfortable by their body language. On the Legend, my server (a mid 30ish lady) was so embarrassed to do this she always disappeared into the kitchen just before the music start and wouldn't come out until the show was over.

I never liked those little displays, either. So fake and cheesy. I always felt sorry for the staff who were required to participate. Sure, they had smiles on their faces, but anyone can plaster a smile on to endure a few minutes of embarrassment or humiliation. As someone said they saw servers running and hiding to avoid, it is probably one of the reasons I don't like to eat in the MDR - to avoid...

They seemed to me to be a throwback to the old colonial days where the service staff would provide the evening entertainment for the family and their guests - some things are just best to be left in history.

I was on a Carnival cruise last December and the wait staff didn't do their usual nightly song and dancing, they only did it on our last night. Was wondering why they stopped.

Maybe it was because a bunch of passengers complained that the whole thing is stupid - which it is. I would if I was reduced to sailing on Carnival. They are waitstaff, not singers and dancers.

DON