Celebrity Millennium Drydock Date?

cruisedad2

We are taking Millennium in Alaska next summer. I have read some reviews that say the ship looks dated with rust, old carpet, etc. We just got back from cruising on a sister ship that also had a bit of rust, and some plumbing issues. Does anyone know if Celebrity will drydock Millennium before next summer to update and fix age-related issues with the ship? Thanks!

I think she's going in at the end of September next year. We're on her on the 16th October and the cruise before finishes on the 29th September.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Another CC post on the 10/16/16 roll call said that they had contacted Celebrity regarding the Sept/Oct time lapse and was told that it was not a dry-dock but rather a potential charter under negotiations.

It appears that the next dry-dock will be from April 15 to May 12 in 2016 - right before the start of the Alaska cruises

Larry

Another CC post on the 10/16/16 roll call said that they had contacted Celebrity regarding the Sept/Oct time lapse and was told that it was not a dry-dock but rather a potential charter under negotiations.

It appears that the next dry-dock will be from April 15 to May 12 in 2016 - right before the start of the Alaska cruises

Larry

I don't think so (at least that had better not be the schedule). We are on the April 15 - 26 Honolulu-Vancouver cruise as the last of a b2b2b. I'll be pretty upset if they pull that out from under us. There does appear to be a gap from April 26 (when our cruise ends) until May 12. That's just over two weeks which is a typical length of drydock. Plus, the next cruise is 8 days to get the schedule lined up to Friday departures.

Yes Bob you are rigth there is a gap between us arriving Vancouver on April 26th and the next scheduled cruise on may 12th

Would be great for Vancouver's economy if they do the drydock here... usually they head to the Bahamas for drydock???

Maybe they want to take advantage of our very weak dollar...

I like Bob definitely do not want X to cancel any part of my wonderful B2B2B2B adventure in 2016....

Yes Bob you are rigth there is a gap between us arriving Vancouver on April 26th and the next scheduled cruise on may 12th

Would be great for Vancouver's economy if they do the drydock here... usually they head to the Bahamas for drydock???

Maybe they want to take advantage of our very weak dollar...

I like Bob definitely do not want X to cancel any part of my wonderful B2B2B2B adventure in 2016....

I'm pretty sure she'll be drydocking in Esquimalt, and the Engraving yard there. They are highly reputed in the industry for the quality of their work.

Cheers

We were on the Connie right before she was solsticized and we didn't see much being done at all. This was a major refit too. Glad we lucked it out. Sorry you were inconvenienced on yours.

Called Celebrity today to confirm dry dock date and was told April 26-May 16, 2016. We will be on the May 27th sailing so right after the dry dock.

Called Celebrity today to confirm dry dock date and was told April 26-May 16, 2016. We will be on the May 27th sailing so right after the dry dock.

Looks like I will be on the ship right after dry dock since I'm on the May 20th sailing. This just happens to be my first Celebrity cruise so I'm excited to compare it with the other three cruise lines I have used in the past.

Larry

Not April 15th, the 26th. 2 weeks in dry dock.

And it looks like others beat me to it! :p

Edited by Kevin T Brown

Millennium was totally fine in May this year. She's a ship; there's always going to be something to find if you walk around looking for stuff to complain about. Celebrity does a phenomenal job on upkeep, maintenance and cleaning. And as for dry docks, they are mostly for major maintenance (underwater work, engines, etc.). They replace carpets, paint and varnish while at sea.

We're also sailing on the May 27th Alaska cruise with our cousins from California. So glad to hear the ship will be newly refurbished since it's their first cruise.

Anyone know what is planned on the Millenium in that drydock?

MY guess, and that's all it is, is that it'll probably be a major cleaning and doing minor repairs. Mending of ripped fabrics, loose tiles, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Millennium was totally fine in May this year. She's a ship; there's always going to be something to find if you walk around looking for stuff to complain about.

That is a pretty judgmental statement.

Passengers on the Millennium don't have to "look" for anything to complain about. I and others could smell the stench of sewage throughout the ship, just by walking in the hallways or going out on the open decks.

That is a pretty judgmental statement.

Passengers on the Millennium don't have to "look" for anything to complain about. I and others could smell the stench of sewage throughout the ship, just by walking in the hallways or going out on the open decks.

Where you cruising?

We just finished the Vancouver-Shanghai trip, (Sept 26th), and the Millennium is on a private Chinese charter for the next 3-4 weeks. Six or seven day cruises to Japan and Korea, with approx 280 Hi-roller passengers, (that's not a typo).

Dry docking is in Victoria B.C. late April. Most of the work is hull inspections that need the vessel out of the water, but I did hear that the Olympic Restaurant will be converted to a Tuscan Grill Restaurant.

Overall the Millennium still looks in great condition, but if you look closely, some work needs to be done. When the new Celebrity ships come on-line in 2018, I would expect that the Millennium will be retired,