All Things Adventure of the Seas

Hi, We were on this itinerary 5/9 - 5/16. Formal nights were Sunday (St. Martin) and Thursday (Barbados). The second formal night was when lobster tail and prime rib were offered.

Have a great cruise!

We're on the same itinerary in June. Do you remember which days/times the ice show was offered?

The current (and possibly incorrect) RCCL website deck plan for Adventure shows Giovanni's on 11 outside Windjammer. It is the only specialty there (Mariner and Navigator have Chops on the port side).

The description of Adventure on the RCCL website also says that Izumi is "new" but it is nowhere to be found on the deck plans :(

So, I'm thinking that maybe they'll put Izumi where Jester's is... Or, maybe they'll add a Chops?? (hoping!)

Adventure does have a Giovanni's near Windjammer now. For whatever reason, they do not put two restaurants near Windjammer on Explorer and Voyager. So if they have only one spot for a restaurant up near Windjammer, they favored Chops up there on Explorer and Voyager.

Hi Adventure lovers!

I'm just consolidating and linking info from April 19 2015 Southern Caribbean B (San Juan, Barbados, St Lucia, Antidua, St Maarten, St Croix) here for any future Adventure Cruisers:

I have an Adventure Photo Review going now on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207747

Photo Ship Tour on our Website:

http://www.goseeittravel.com/adventure-of-the-seas/

Cruise Compasses from AOS April 19 2015 sailing Caribbean B :

http://www.goseeittravel.com/adventure-compass-southern-b

The "live" thread of our cruise on CC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197856

Lastly, blog posts from our trip (unique stories illustrated with some of the same photos):

Antigua

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/28/antigua-its-all-about-that-boat-with-apologies-to-meghan-trainor-aboard-adventure-of-the-seas

St Lucia

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/24/flora-and-people-of-st-lucia-aboard-adeventure-of-the-seas

San Juan

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/?category=San+Juan+PR

Sea Day

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/23/what-happens-on-a-sea-day-aboard-adventure-of-the-seas

We're on the same itinerary in June. Do you remember which days/times the ice show was offered?

See above, just posted cruise compasses for April (link in black)

We were on Jewel of the Seas sailing from San Juan. My son picked up some sea glass on St. Croix. It was confiscated when we re-boarded the ship. Any organic matter is contraband - shells, sand, plants (or things made from plants like freshly woven hats), even sea glass - not allowed to be taken off an island or between islands.

Thanks so much for this information.. I have jars of beautiful shells from my southern C. cruise and a jar of sea glass that I found on St. Lucia.. I'm so sad to hear this news and sad for your son who lost his special glass! Did you put it through the scanner or was it on him?

For what it's worth, in the last few years I've cruised on Allure, and taken one trip to St Martin on our own, all times I've brought back shells that I've pulled from the water myself, and a couple conch shells bought at local markets. I've always washed them well soap and water, and never had an issue with Canadian customs.

Never even been questioned when re-boarding the ship.

Coral is a protected lifeform in many parts of the caribbean I believe, but I didn't think shells were.

See above, just posted cruise compasses for April (link in black)

Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm looking for the itinerary with St. Maarten, St. kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados with the last day a sea day. I'd like to know when the ice show times were and any other shows for that matter.

We aren't stopping in St. Croix and ports are in reverse order.

For what it's worth, in the last few years I've cruised on Allure, and taken one trip to St Martin on our own, all times I've brought back shells that I've pulled from the water myself, and a couple conch shells bought at local markets. I've always washed them well soap and water, and never had an issue with Canadian customs.

Never even been questioned when re-boarding the ship.

Coral is a protected lifeform in many parts of the caribbean I believe, but I didn't think shells were.

Thank you for the information.. It's so interesting how people have such different experiences!

Edited by tuliplvr

Any opinions on how well MTD works on Adventure. We've had bad experiences on Navigator and Serenade and great experiences on Legend and Mariner... We always make reservations ahead, but some ships seem more organized than others!

Any opinions on how well MTD works on Adventure. We've had bad experiences on Navigator and Serenade and great experiences on Legend and Mariner... We always make reservations ahead, but some ships seem more organized than others!

We felt it worked very well in April. We also made reservations (different times each night) and never waited longer than it took for them to manage to take the names of the people in front of us. We never waited more than 1-2 minutes, and we even changed our reservations same day (based on our activites) and were accommodated easily.

We had the same waitstaff each night, but we did move around in their section. Sometimes we noticed a sizable line for the times that "match" the MDR, (6:30 & 8:30) of maybe 8-10 parties, I didn't wait around to see how long it took to seat them, but we never saw anyone waiting for a table while we were there, just waiting to check in. In other words, it appeared that at the busiest times, they could seat evryone, but it took a few minutes to get everyone checked in. We avoided that by booking "off times" like 6:15 or 7 PM or 8 pm), but it didn't look like it would be a problem because the maitre Ds were both excellent and efficient on Adventure.

We didn't go the first night, and I find that on most of the ships dining rooms are always a little bit slower in all aspects on Night 1, but we haven't been in several cruises so maybe others will know how night 1 on adventure is.

Edited by Familygoboston

We felt it worked very well in April. We also made reservations (different times each night) and never waited longer than it took for them to manage to take the names of the people in front of us. We never waited more than 1-2 minutes, and we even changed our reservations same day (based on our activites) and were accommodated easily.

We had the same waitstaff each night, but we did move around in their section. Sometimes we noticed a sizable line for the times that "match" the MDR, (6:30 & 8:30) of maybe 8-10 parties, I didn't wait around to see how long it took to seat them, but we never saw anyone waiting for a table while we were there, just waiting to check in. In other words, it appeared that at the busiest times, they could seat evryone, but it took a few minutes to get everyone checked in. We avoided that by booking "off times" like 6:15 or 7 PM or 8 pm), but it didn't look like it would be a problem because the maitre Ds were both excellent and efficient on Adventure.

We didn't go the first night, and I find that on most of the ships dining rooms are always a little bit slower in all aspects on Night 1, but we haven't been in several cruises so maybe others will know how night 1 on adventure is.

Thanks for the input!

I'm curious if you were a group of 2? And, if most of the tables were for 2 or 4?

Most of our issues on other ships are with groups of 6. Even with reservations, some ships seem to have troubles!

On Adventure, we will have 4.

We sail in two weeks and our ship leaves at 8:30 p.m. Is the Main Dining Room open that first evening?

Yes, it will be open the first evening. The traditional dining times have been pushed back 30 minutes the first night.

We sail in two weeks and our ship leaves at 8:30 p.m. Is the Main Dining Room open that first evening?

The main dining room will be open. We finished muster in time to make dinner. I think they pushed back dinner time by fifteen minutes.

May I ask some of you recent travelers your experience with morning room service. Are the items arriving warm? Or should we stick with juice, coffee and pastries? I like to sit on my balcony early in the morning and enjoy sailing into port.

May I ask some of you recent travelers your experience with morning room service. Are the items arriving warm? Or should we stick with juice, coffee and pastries? I like to sit on my balcony early in the morning and enjoy sailing into port.

We had no problem with room service items arriving warm.

Can you tell me if there is shampoo provided in cabins, or should we bring our own? On my last Carnival sailing, had body wash and shampoo dispensers in the shower.

We had a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner in our shower.

Just did the 5/16 cruise and we did room service breakfast one morning because we had to be up and off the ship early. Our food was not warm at all and the toast was horrible. We didn't order it again after that so it could of just been that one time but we had it delivered at 7am when the bar opened so that we could have a memosa as well.

And I assume that since some may not have their luggage, the dress code for the MDR on Saturday night is more "lax"?

On our 5/16 sailing the rooms were available at 2pm and we had our bags before dinner (6pm) but what I found as far as dress code it seemed to be not enforced at all even on formal nights. I saw people in shorts and t-shirts as well as flip flops. Saw this in the spectialty resturant as well.