All Things Adventure of the Seas

What did you think of the train ride in St. Kitts? I think it's the best way to see St. Kitts I've done it twice now.

Oh great, we want to do the train ride. Glad you liked it. We're not beach people and we love trains, so we thought this would be best.

We like Carambola at Friars Bay in St Kitts

We were at Carambola 5 weeks ago. The beach has eroded and it is a major drop off to get into the water. Shoreline loaded with seaweed. we love Carambola. This was our 3rd or 4th time there. Still fantastic facilities and service but none of our group even attempted to gEt in the water due to the drop off.

As others said, storms, conditions could cause it to change again which might make it better (or maybe they will bring in equipment to flatten it back out).

We would still go there as it s a nice place but just might not be able to get in the water. Some friends on the same sailing got a day pass at the Marriott and said that beach has really been improved.

What did you think of the train ride in St. Kitts? I think it's the best way to see St. Kitts I've done it twice now.

We really enjoyed it, highlight was one of the children mooning at us as we went passed a school. The conductor was pleased to tell us several times that the rails were made in Sheffield. A very memorable trip.

While we're talking beaches... What about St Lucia? January will be our 3rd time there, and we want a beach bar type of day... We've been snorkeling and have done the long see and sea tour.

Last time we were there we grabbed a Taxi to Windjammer located in Choc bay, made most welcome and no cost to use the resort.

I have a few questions from members of our group. We are sailing on the AOS late next week.

Someone posted that the Windjammer Cafe was open 24 hours a day, and yet I thought they stopped serving at 9:00 p.m. Can someone confirm?

As for bars - do they close and reopen at a specific hour?

And for me: how early in the morning can I get a mimosa or a bloody mary? :)

I have a few questions from members of our group. We are sailing on the AOS late next week.

Someone posted that the Windjammer Cafe was open 24 hours a day, and yet I thought they stopped serving at 9:00 p.m. Can someone confirm?

Windjammer is not open 24 hours. Restaurant and bar hours vary. These hours are all listed in the Cruise Compass you will get the night before.

It's not even open some of the time during the day. We wanted to go for an early lunch at 11:30a and was told they were "changing over" from breakfast. We wondered why they didn't just close one side and change it while the other one was still running then they wouldn't have to close for a whole hour.

Also Johnny Rockets was not open so we couldn't even go there and room service takes at least 45 minutes. There also was no lunch service in the MDR since we were in port.

So, we ended up going off ship and eating at a KFC. It was finger licking good and way better than the stale sandwiches at the Promenade Cafe.

Tom

Windjammer is not open 24 hours. Restaurant and bar hours vary. These hours are all listed in the Cruise Compass you will get the night before.

I saved every day's compass from last week and the Windjammer is not open 24 hours. They close at 9:00pm and Johnny Rockets is open until midnight or 1:00am. The Cafe Promenade was open late at night, but I never went after 1:00am or 2:00am. I can give you all the hours of the early open bars and what not in just a moment, but will have to type it in. No scanner.

Post number 1481 on this thread has Cruise Compasses. During our April cruise the Promenade Cafe was open 24 hours most days I looked at the Compass! It served sandwiches, pizza slices, and pastries.

As others mentioned the WJ is open sporadically, breakfast, lunch and closed on port days for a brief time usually between 3 and 6. Opens for dinner, but closed after 9 ish, which means it's not an option for a late desert if you have a later dinner seating.

Compass: Would appreciate it if anyone going on June 6 or 27 cruise as well as June 13 or July 4th could post compasses. Old ones aren't a help. I'm doing a B2B starting July 18th and the dates mentioned above are when the itinerary is the same as my dates. Even July 11th is not the same itinerary.

When are the ice skating shows? Do you have to get tickets ahead of time or is it first come?

From looking at old compasses the ice show times change according to the itinerary so you need to see what earlier dates are the same as your itinerary in order for someone to answer your question correctly.

However, each person who has answered this question has said that it is first come, no tickets ahead.

Anyone who has been to St. Lucia recently: did you have to fill out a form to get off of the ship? an ED form? Have seen some conflicting information on this.

Thanks!

No forms at St. Lucia back in February.

No forms at St. Lucia back in February.

Good to know. because i visited StLuciaNow dot com and they have the following:

Travel by Boat

When traveling to and around St. Lucia on a cruise, every cruise guest will be asked to provide an “ED card” once they reach the island if they wish to leave the ship to shop or go on an excursion. This document must be presented when travelers disembark and re-embark their cruise ship in St. Lucia. If a traveler does not already have this form, they will be asked to wait in line and fill it out before they are able to partake in any St. Lucia activities.

For convenience, travelers can download and complete an ED card here. Doing so will save time and help cruise guests get on and off the ship faster.

Could be the ED card is something new since we last were there in February.

The Bahamas used to have a similar card to fill out, but they stopped that several years ago.

Could be the ED card is something new since we last were there in February.

The Bahamas used to have a similar card to fill out, but they stopped that several years ago.

I'm wondering if the website is old... hoping that it is, but printing it and filling it out just in case.

thanks!

For your wealth of information. Just finished reading this thread and it's been most helpful , as I along with 3 others will be sailing on AOS in Feb 2016. Not my first time on RCCL but my first on AOS and with a balcony. We're doing St Croix, St Kitts, St Marteen, Dominica and Barbados.

My question - Are the Cruise Compass the same for each itinirary and activities on the ship the same as well? I'd like to know if they have a themed night where you should pack something for that particular night.

Thanks in advance.

No forms in May. It was a breeze to get on and off the ship. St. Lucia is beautiful!

Tom

Anyone who has been to St. Lucia recently: did you have to fill out a form to get off of the ship? an ED form? Have seen some conflicting information on this.

Thanks!