All Things Adventure of the Seas

Anyone who has been to St. Lucia recently: did you have to fill out a form to get off of the ship? an ED form? Have seen some conflicting information on this.

Thanks!

When I flew to St. Lucia last November I had to fill out this form at the airport and it was signed by immigration, then I had to keep it and hand it in at the airport before my flight out. Those who had lost the form were in a fairly long line to get a new one.

Be sure to take your passport with you when you go ashore because we were unable to buy anything at the duty-free stores without showing our passport plus either our flight number and date home or this piece of paper.

I would imagine for those on a cruise they would want to see your sea pass and your passport.

we just booked the aos for june 11 2016 for 9 . we will be celebrating our 50th ann. can you tell me some of the shows the ship has to offer. thanks judy

A typical 7 day cruise will have two production shows (singers and dancers), an ice show, two or three headliners (comedians, magicians, jugglers, tribute acts, singers, etc.), and Love & Marriage.

we booked the adventure of the seas for june 11th 2016 we will be celebrating our 50th ann. would someone please tell us what shows are going to be on at that time. and what are some great things to do in port. we will be on the aruba route. thanks judy

we booked the adventure of the seas for june 11th 2016 we will be celebrating our 50th ann. would someone please tell us what shows are going to be on at that time. and what are some great things to do in port. we will be on the aruba route. thanks judy

See the previous post.

We are sailing on Saturday. I notice several of my excursions refer to Island Time vs. Ship Time. I'm on Eastern Daylight Time currently, and according to Google - each of the islands are on the same time as me right now. So does the ship function on a different time? :confused:

We are sailing on Saturday. I notice several of my excursions refer to Island Time vs. Ship Time. I'm on Eastern Daylight Time currently, and according to Google - each of the islands are on the same time as me right now. So does the ship function on a different time? :confused:

The ship may or may not have the same time as the islands. It all depends on the Captain's decision as to whether the ship will change time. However, your pre-cruise itinerary is based on local time.

Right now all of the islands that Adventure visits have the same time as San Juan and the eastern time zone of the US. You will not have to deal with any time changes.

we just booked the aos for june 11 2016 for 9 . we will be celebrating our 50th ann. can you tell me some of the shows the ship has to offer. thanks judy

Congratulations. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in July and will sail on Adventure as well.

I would like to know about the shows as well because I wanted to book some of My Time Dining times and Giovanni's. On my booking when you go on the dining link there is a spot to click to see what time entertainment is on but although it says "available" there is nothing there. Does anyone know when or if they actually put something there?

We are going to try the trikes on Aruba. It sounds like a lot of fun. Expensive but we aren't spending a lot on the other islands. Look up

http://www.trikes-aruba.com (am I allowed to put in a website?). They are standard drive but both my husband and I are familiar with gear shift and clutch and they give you a refresher as well.

We've been to St. Thomas a lot but never tried the Paradise Point Tramway. The ship price is not a lot different from the price if you just walk over.

St. Kitt's is the island we're having difficulty with. If we don't go to the beach then we won't have a beach day all week. But I'm trying to find out if the beaches have drop-offs or not. I can swim so going into the water and there's a drop off is okay but it's the coming back in that is difficult. Have a look at all the tours because they all seem to be well recommended. There is Grey's, Royston, Beulah which I think is Island Tours. See what suits you. I would love to tour AGE (Amazing Grace Experience) which is fairly new. I had no idea the writer of the hymn lived in St. Kitt's. He was a slave trader who became a minister! So that sounds like a story to hear about!

Curacao: We plan just to walk around the pier area and part of the town. I need to find a place to buy a bottle of their famous Curacao liquer. Someone on here told me to check at Island Treasures which is close to the bridge.

Forgot San Juan: If you haven't been there before and you have time, take the free trolley ride (on/off) around Old San Juan.

I hope this is the same islands you are visiting. Looking at the AOS itineraries I can see that every second week is not always the exact same.

Hi all,

I will be sailing with my extended family in August and we have a JR nut in our group. He heard that JR is open and serves snacks on embarkation day. I was wondering from those that have sailed recently what those snacks are and would they tied you over until early seating dinner?

Thanks

Congratulations. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in July and will sail on Adventure as well.

I would like to know about the shows as well because I wanted to book some of My Time Dining times and Giovanni's. On my booking when you go on the dining link there is a spot to click to see what time entertainment is on but although it says "available" there is nothing there. Does anyone know when or if they actually put something there?

There are 3 production shows (with RCI cast) one is called "Can't Stop The Rock" another is "Invitation To Dance" which is a dance show which usually features a professional Latin dance couple of some note, and "Jackpot, a Tribute To Las Vegas" which runs from the brat pack to Celine Dion. They usually show 2 of the 3 in a week, but not sure how they choose?

Then there is an ice show, usually offered on the sea day twice and also one evening at 5 and 7.

Lastly, there are three or 4 "guest entertainers" which change every week. In our case a comedian, a Vegas style singer, a vaudeville act and a Judy Garland/Sinatra tribute couple. In general, we found the entertainment either appeals to a younger crowd or an older crowd (it's pretty clear which is which) rather than trying to appeal to everyone at the same time. I have a link to the cruise compasses on the first post of my Adventure review, which is linked in my signature below. There is a good description of each show and the times it was offered on our itinerary. Also, they never list the shows unless you have to book them ahead (like on Oasis) or pay for them (like a mystery dinner theater) We never encountered any shows listed on our My Cruises before we sailed. I found them all by looking at Cruise Compasses of other cruisers before we left.

Hi all,

I will be sailing with my extended family in August and we have a JR nut in our group. He heard that JR is open and serves snacks on embarkation day. I was wondering from those that have sailed recently what those snacks are and would they tied you over until early seating dinner?

Thanks

I don't know about snacks, I think they call what they serve "snacks" all the time, which is hamburgers, tuna melts, fries and onion rings (also a terrible grilled cheese sandwich) we didn't get up their in embarkation day, but they were open according to our Compass with a cover charge and a la carte ice cream and drinks, like floats, shakes and sodas.

Edited by Familygoboston

I should know this but...I don't remember so thought I would ask here....are the walls inside the cabin metal? (Will magnets stick to the walls?)

Thanks.

Yes, walls are metal.

Hi all, I was just looking over the deck plans on the AOS and noticed the Seven Hearts on deck 14. It says its a public area and the description is as follows:

Seven Hearts Sit outside, take in the ocean view and enjoy a light meal or simply a snack, in one of our most popular venues, where fun is offered up along with good food

I'm wondering if the light meals/snacks are included or are they at an additional cost like JR or Giovanni's etc? I've not seen or read anything earlier on this venue.

Thanks

Robin

Hi all, I was just looking over the deck plans on the AOS and noticed the Seven Hearts on deck 14. It says its a public area and the description is as follows:

Seven Hearts Sit outside, take in the ocean view and enjoy a light meal or simply a snack, in one of our most popular venues, where fun is offered up along with good food

I'm wondering if the light meals/snacks are included or are they at an additional cost like JR or Giovanni's etc? I've not seen or read anything earlier on this venue.

Thanks

Robin

Good question... I didn't know there was food there!

Thanks

Robin

No food in Seven Hearts on Adventure. Next year, during the dry dock, that room and Cloud Nine next to it will likely be turned into the specialty restaurant Izumi.

Edited by clarea

There are 3 production shows (with RCI cast) one is called "Can't Stop The Rock" another is "Invitation To Dance" which is a dance show which usually features a professional Latin dance couple of some note, and "Jackpot, a Tribute To Las Vegas" which runs from the brat pack to Celine Dion. They usually show 2 of the 3 in a week, but not sure how they choose?

Then there is an ice show, usually offered on the sea day twice and also one evening at 5 and 7.

Lastly, there are three or 4 "guest entertainers" which change every week. In our case a comedian, a Vegas style singer, a vaudeville act and a Judy Garland/Sinatra tribute couple. In general, we found the entertainment either appeals to a younger crowd or an older crowd (it's pretty clear which is which) rather than trying to appeal to everyone at the same time. I have a link to the cruise compasses on the first post of my Adventure review, which is linked in my signature below. There is a good description of each show and the times it was offered on our itinerary. Also, they never list the shows unless you have to book them ahead (like on Oasis) or pay for them (like a mystery dinner theater) We never encountered any shows listed on our My Cruises before we sailed. I found them all by looking at Cruise Compasses of other cruisers before we left.

Thanks. This is good info. What I'm most interested in is the times of these shows so I know when to reserve dinner. I've looked at a lot of Compasses but since the itinerary seems to vary slightly from the one I'm taking it doesn't seem to help. We are going B2B so we hit both itiineraries but the sequence of islands doesn't seem to stay the same. I'm hoping someone will eventually put a Compass on here that is the same as my cruise's itinerary.

Thanks. This is good info. What I'm most interested in is the times of these shows so I know when to reserve dinner. I've looked at a lot of Compasses but since the itinerary seems to vary slightly from the one I'm taking it doesn't seem to help. We are going B2B so we hit both itiineraries but the sequence of islands doesn't seem to stay the same. I'm hoping someone will eventually put a Compass on here that is the same as my cruise's itinerary.

If you don't succeed in getting Compasses for your itinerary (you might not for a "one off" itinerary like yours,) use this general rule to figure out show times:

Embarkation day: there is usually only one late welcome show at 10:30 pm due to muster at 5:30 and sail away at 8:30. Dinner is usually pushed back 1/2 hour later on day one, leaving little time for an early show.

Regular Port days where all aboard is 4:30 and sailing is at 5:00 pm: will usually feature 2 shows, one at 7 before dinner for late diners and one at 9 after dinner for the early seating. If you have a long port day, plan on the later show times (see Formal nights below)

Formal nights and late port days: in order to give people time to dress and for photos, champagne with the Capt etc, show times for both shows are usually scheduled AFTER dinner at 9pm and 10:30 or 10:45.

You mentioned you will have MTD- what worked for us was having dinner reservations at 6:45 or 7 pm every night- we could easily make the 9 pm show since we found it only took us an hour to eat (maybe 90 min if you get dessert)

Some nights we weren't particularly interested in the show, so we changed our dinner reservation to after 8 PM and spent more time on our balcony before dinner and then attended the 10:30 activities (game shows or dance parties usually start at 10:30 or later)

Edited by Familygoboston

If you don't succeed in getting Compasses for your itinerary (you might not for a "one off" itinerary like yours,) use this general rule to figure out show times:

Embarkation day: there is usually only one late welcome show at 10:30 pm due to muster at 5:30 and sail away at 8:30. Dinner is usually pushed back 1/2 hour later on day one, leaving little time for an early show.

Regular Port days where all aboard is 4:30 and sailing is at 5:00 pm: will usually feature 2 shows, one at 7 before dinner for late diners and one at 9 after dinner for the early seating. If you have a long port day, plan on the later show times (see Formal nights below)

Formal nights and late port days: in order to give people time to dress and for photos, champagne with the Capt etc, show times for both shows are usually scheduled AFTER dinner at 9pm and 10:30 or 10:45.

You mentioned you will have MTD- what worked for us was having dinner reservations at 6:45 or 7 pm every night- we could easily make the 9 pm show since we found it only took us an hour to eat (maybe 90 min if you get dessert)

Some nights we weren't particularly interested in the show, so we changed our dinner reservation to after 8 PM and spent more time on our balcony before dinner and then attended the 10:30 activities (game shows or dance parties usually start at 10:30 or later)

Thank you, this made it clearer to me as to when to reserve. You'd think this was my first cruise. I seem to be constantly thinking about each little thing. It is our first B2B though so maybe that's what it is. Can't wait.