All Things Adventure of the Seas

The RCL website is now listing the AOS as having a flowrider, says NEW next to it? Is this true or will it be true for a July sailing? Also does anyone know if there is a pool table in the pub or anywhere on the ship?

Thanks!

Ni pool table. Flowrider will like be added during dry dock in Fall 2016.

Hi Adventure lovers!

I'm just consolidating and linking info from April 19 2015 Southern Caribbean B (San Juan, Barbados, St Lucia, Antidua, St Maarten, St Croix) here for any future Adventure Cruisers:

I have an Adventure Photo Review going now on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207747

Photo Ship Tour on our Website:

http://www.goseeittravel.com/adventure-of-the-seas/

Cruise Compasses from AOS April 19 2015 sailing Caribbean B :

http://www.goseeittravel.com/adventure-compass-southern-b

The "live" thread of our cruise on CC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197856

Lastly, blog posts from our trip (unique stories illustrated with some of the same photos):

Antigua

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/28/antigua-its-all-about-that-boat-with-apologies-to-meghan-trainor-aboard-adventure-of-the-seas

St Lucia

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/24/flora-and-people-of-st-lucia-aboard-adeventure-of-the-seas

San Juan

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/?category=San+Juan+PR

Sea Day

http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/2015/4/23/what-happens-on-a-sea-day-aboard-adventure-of-the-seas

160027108.jpg

Edited by Familygoboston

Familygoboston - I remember your posts from when I was planning our 1st and 2nd cruises on the Jewel in 2013 and 2014. Your posts helped me so much. How great to see you post on yet another ship we will be on - although not until 2016.

Hi- It's been 6 years since I've been on Adventure. Back then I enjoyed collecting sea shells at each island. This trip my kids are coming with us and enjoy shell collecting too. I've heard that some people have gotten their shells taken away? can anyone please comment on whether that is the case? Thank you so much.

Hi- It's been 6 years since I've been on Adventure. Back then I enjoyed collecting sea shells at each island. This trip my kids are coming with us and enjoy shell collecting too. I've heard that some people have gotten their shells taken away? can anyone please comment on whether that is the case? Thank you so much.

We were on Adventure last week, my husband collected some sea shells in Antigua and put them in my each bag. They were taken at security when we re boarded the ship. Also, when we were in St. Lucia, the tour guide advised not to buy conch shells from local vendors because it is illegal to take them out of the country. Enjoy your cruise.

There is a possibility they might not be noticed while going through security. However, with that being said...yes, we have had friends on recent sailings on AD that did have the shells taken from them while going through security while reboarding the ship. (We have had some friends get them through but had some friends have them taken away.)

Quick question...

We'll be on Adventure for the July 11th sailing (San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, cruise day). For those of you who have recently been on this cruise, when are the two formal nights?

Thanks for this information.

We were on Jewel of the Seas sailing from San Juan. My son picked up some sea glass on St. Croix. It was confiscated when we re-boarded the ship. Any organic matter is contraband - shells, sand, plants (or things made from plants like freshly woven hats), even sea glass - not allowed to be taken off an island or between islands.

Quick question...

We'll be on Adventure for the July 11th sailing (San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, cruise day). For those of you who have recently been on this cruise, when are the two formal nights?

Thanks for this information.

Hi, We were on this itinerary 5/9 - 5/16. Formal nights were Sunday (St. Martin) and Thursday (Barbados). The second formal night was when lobster tail and prime rib were offered.

Have a great cruise!

Hi Adventure fans!

We haven't been on her since the revitilization last year and I have two questions. BTW, I'm very frustrated with RCCL because they told me the deck plans on their site are not fully updated :confused:

First, Where is Izumi located?

Then, is Jester's still there?

Thank you!

Hi Adventure fans!

We haven't been on her since the revitilization last year and I have two questions. BTW, I'm very frustrated with RCCL because they told me the deck plans on their site are not fully updated :confused:

First, Where is Izumi located?

Then, is Jester's still there?

Thank you!

Jester's is still on Adventure. No Izumi yet. This will change during dry dock in 2016.

Jester's is still on Adventure. No Izumi yet. This will change during dry dock in 2016.

Thank you, thank you!

Now I'm frustrated with RCCL because they could not tell me when dry dock is :confused: Any idea?

I was told the top half of Jesters will be changed into a speciality restaurant. This was by one of the cooks that came to our table. I cant remember what one

I was told the top half of Jesters will be changed into a speciality restaurant. This was by one of the cooks that came to our table. I cant remember what one

Adventure is closest in design to Voyager and Explorer, and on those ships they have put Giovanni's Table in that space.

Adventure is closest in design to Voyager and Explorer, and on those ships they have put Giovanni's Table in that space.

The current (and possibly incorrect) RCCL website deck plan for Adventure shows Giovanni's on 11 outside Windjammer. It is the only specialty there (Mariner and Navigator have Chops on the port side).

The description of Adventure on the RCCL website also says that Izumi is "new" but it is nowhere to be found on the deck plans :(

So, I'm thinking that maybe they'll put Izumi where Jester's is... Or, maybe they'll add a Chops?? (hoping!)

The current (and possibly incorrect) RCCL website deck plan for Adventure shows Giovanni's on 11 outside Windjammer. It is the only specialty there (Mariner and Navigator have Chops on the port side).

The description of Adventure on the RCCL website also says that Izumi is "new" but it is nowhere to be found on the deck plans :(

So, I'm thinking that maybe they'll put Izumi where Jester's is... Or, maybe they'll add a Chops?? (hoping!)

Ate at Giovanni's on our cruise on Adventure, it was on the starboard side of the windjammer.