Formal night attire

LewLewBelle

I would say it's like something you wear to church. I wear black slacks and a nice top. Husband wears slacks, dress shirt, sometimes a jacket, sometimes just a tie. The second elegant night is less formal it seems. Less jackets and ties for men, less glitter for women.

I would say it's like something you wear to church. I wear black slacks and a nice top. Husband wears slacks, dress shirt, sometimes a jacket, sometimes just a tie. The second elegant night is less formal it seems. Less jackets and ties for men, less glitter for women.

Yep, Church wear is a good description, but then lately what I've seen some wear to church.

I've worn a full length gown, short cocktail dress, maxi dress, slacks/top and even capris/top. You'll probably see all of the above. For me, my dress varies depending on whether I had to fly to port (trying to reduce luggage) and whether I feel the need to get more photos.

If you want to dress "formally", then you'll wear a gown or cocktail dress and hubby a tux or dark suit. However, nowadays, few folks do the "formal" thing. You can pretty much wear what you want....but, please...no shorts!

This is the correct answer. Formal nights are long gone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the correct answer. Formal nights are long gone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would totally support a return to actual formal nights rather than "cruise elegant".

Even if it was just 1 night of a long cruise and then the other could be elegant and the rest were regular. But I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys getting dressed up lol.

I've been itching for an excuse to buy a real Prince Charlie jacket and waistcoat for my kilt and learn how to tie a bow tie. And then I'd have to make an evening sporran to replace the casual day sporran I've been wearing...

I would totally support a return to actual formal nights rather than "cruise elegant".

Even if it was just 1 night of a long cruise and then the other could be elegant and the rest were regular. But I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys getting dressed up lol.

I've been itching for an excuse to buy a real Prince Charlie jacket and waistcoat for my kilt and learn how to tie a bow tie. And then I'd have to make an evening sporran to replace the casual day sporran I've been wearing...

I'd love a return to the "real" formal nights. I still wear a long formal dress and my husband wears his tux on both formal/elegant nights.

I'd love a return to the "real" formal nights. I still wear a long formal dress and my husband wears his tux on both formal/elegant nights.

On our July cruise there was one guy in a tux. An older gentleman and his wife and believe me, they were the stars of the show. We talked to them for a bit while waiting for the dining room to open and I couldn't believe how many people walking by stopped to say hi to them and many of them actually knew them. I am almost certain I heard him say he had around 900 days at sea under his belt.

I aspire to be that guy some day but I am afraid I got a late start. I probably don't have a shot at the number of cruises but I can still be well dressed and entertaining if I put my mind to it. ;)

We have traveled on many of the cruise lines which has included Carnival. In the "old" days, Elegant Night was Formal Night, and a dark suit on Tuxedo for suggested for the men and a gown for the women. Those days have come and gone. Most recently, even on Elegant Night on Princess, most people dressed as they wished. In fact, some individuals stayed in T-Shirts and Shorts with sneakers and had dinner (which they said was quite good) on the Lido Deck. If one wishes to be a bit formal, a sport jacket such as a Blazer with or without a tie for the men, and a dress for the women. In any case....enjoy.

Edited by stevenr597
Grammaer

If you Google "Carnival Elegant Night" and hit 'images' you will get a visual display of various attire. Most women will feel comfortable wearing something they would wear to a wedding or banquet. I usually wear a cocktail dress. Enjoy your cruise

my eyes! they are a hurting! https://www.google.com/search?q=Carnival+Elegant+Night&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQwbOA3-DRAhUCX5QKHe9BAi4Q_AUICCgB&biw=1536&bih=744#q=Carnival+Elegant+Night&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CZGEJu9g-TIJIjiVHEJMt5H6oRK9KfKHnLYzmvBWBjho1jEZKJ_1B_1tbPIwt48FCKn2mm8vn3e8NPKmqL_1e1Lz8OigSoSCZUcQky3kfqhEROSZjeIPdKIKhIJEr0p8oectjMRVm2A-rMds2IqEgma8FYGOGjWMRHKQK4_1WvNTJSoSCRkon8H-1s8jEXO7rr5Zea5JKhIJC3jwUIqfaaYRlh3iCgfAyQEqEgny-fd7w08qahFJaNr4VSHeQSoSCYv97UvPw6KBEQeSZveR9U-8&imgrc=DXybEysOOfuFmM%3A

please don't scare the children.

Edited by CA_Cruzing