where are all the summer clothes?! 😮

thehams

I live in the Bay Area in California and we are taking a Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. I went to a few stores the other day looking for some vaca clothes and the stores are now filled with fall clothes. Noooooooooo!

I need shorts and tank tops. What is a girl to do? I went to Macy's, Old Navy, Kohls and JcPennys.

I live in the Bay Area in California and we are taking a Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. I went to a few stores the other day looking for some vaca clothes and the stores are now filled with fall clothes. Noooooooooo!

I need shorts and tank tops. What is a girl to do? I went to Macy's, Old Navy, Kohls and JcPennys.

Shop online. I'm still having some luck in the mall because most stores have clearance racks. But, I know from experience to buy a swimsuit by July 4th and summer clothes before mid-Aug. It's how it's always been.

Edited by BND

Nordstrom end of summer clearance sale Sept 2-13 - I just got the flyer in the mail this past week.

Fall clothes have been coming into stores for at least the past month now, so you're either going to have to comb clearance racks and pray for a great bargain that happens to be what you're looking for, or look online and hope you can still get your size/color. August is not the time of year to be searching for the best selection of warm weather clothing - but you can find great bargains if you try hard.

I was just thinking the same the other day, even here in Florida they are concentrating on fall/Halloween at the minute in most shops! Thankfully there are a few sale/clearance sections at most of the stores with the remnants of summer!

I walked past rows of jumpers, coats, boots and I wondered why in the world retail stores don't stock to meet their demographic?

Try Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx....places like that. That's where the summer clothes go when the stores bring in the winter-wear! Just bring the clothes you've been wearing all summer...they'll be fine! You really don't need new stuff!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Try Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx....places like that. That's where the summer clothes go when the stores bring in the winter-wear! Just bring the clothes you've been wearing all summer...they'll be fine! You really don't need new stuff!!!

They are all full of winter style clothes here at the minute!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I've had luck in the clearance sections of Macys, Lord &Taylor, TJMaxx and Marshalls :) I find this is the perfect time to buy stuff for cruising because it's all on SALE!!!

The problem I have, is that even though it's still very warm where I live and will likely continue to be for a few more weeks, I can't bring myself to wear any of the stuff I've bought, *until* my cruise. I've always been that way... when I go away, I want all new things with tags still on them. Lol

Lots of nice summer clothing there and much of it is on sale.

I love their simple, solid color 100% cotton clothing best. I have a lot of Fresh Produce items and they wear very well.

Also, consignment shops will be practically giving way the summer stuff now.

Edited by Bookish Angel

If you need shorts and summer clothes try Bealls.......you can

buy online and usually they have summer stuff year round on the net:)

http://www.beallsflorida.com/?cm_mmc=beallsdotcom-_-landingpage-_-button-_-one&utm_source=landingpage&utm_medium=beallsdotcom&utm_term=button&utm_campaign=one

Edited by Lois R

Online stores like Amazon & Zulily - Hey, I got like half my Caribbean wardrobe from those 2 stores on the cheap and I'm size 16. :D There's also Overstock, DhGate & Walmart, too - I would check their websites to see what they have to sell.

Nordstrom summer clearance starts today! I have a couple things in my cart already (for my husband;)) Free shipping & returns (I usually order online then return in person if needed - then I can browse what might be in the store - the store is quite far away and rarely has the shoes I want in stock so I typically don't start in person....)

So far lots of sizes & availability, depending on what you're looking for.

I've had luck in the clearance sections of Macys, Lord &Taylor, TJMaxx and Marshalls :) I find this is the perfect time to buy stuff for cruising because it's all on SALE!!!

The problem I have, is that even though it's still very warm where I live and will likely continue to be for a few more weeks, I can't bring myself to wear any of the stuff I've bought, *until* my cruise. I've always been that way... when I go away, I want all new things with tags still on them. Lol

Omg, You sound JUST like me, i just hit macys today and they have their bathing suits marked down most of them for 9.99, i got a michael kors, a Ralph Lauren and another brand tankini top , plus got an extra 20 percent off. I cant wait to wear them on our upcoming cruise. I have found alot of nice things so far to wear , all i need to get is my cocktail dress

Edited by jstcruizin

I just bought 3 tops for my December cruise in the last two weeks on Ebay. About $15 average price. Just search on the brand and size you prefer. I buy all my cruise clothes on ebay, except every day capris. Those I get locally in the stores.

Lots of nice summer clothing there and much of it is on sale.

I love their simple, solid color 100% cotton clothing best. I have a lot of Fresh Produce items and they wear very well.

Also, consignment shops will be practically giving way the summer stuff now.

I like Fresh Produce, as well. They wear and fit well, for me.

Maybe it depends where you live.....I had today off from work for the

holiday:D and went to Kohl's.....there were LOTS of summertime

clothes on the racks. I live in Florida so maybe retail works a little

differently down here but they racks and racks of short sleeve tops,

shorts, capris, tanks, etc, regular racks AND clearance. I found 4 tops

and a pair of bermuda shorts (they come all the way to my knees)

and everything was on clearance:).....