Imagine that - 30 percent of was a real bargain

With the return of the dreaded BOGOHO sale today, I was wondering if I actually saved anything booking my AOS cruise for next summer under the 30 percent off.

Surprisingly, at least so far, RCI has not changed the base cruise fare for my E3 aft balcony at $1756. The 30 percent off sale saved me about $200 pp compared to the BOGOHO.

Happy so far. :D

For double occupancy 30% off x 2 = 60% discount off total. 50% off 2nd person x 2 = 25% discount off total.

No it isn't. If you take 30% of each person in a double occupancy cabin, that is still only 30% off the total. 50% off one person in a double occupancy cabin is 25% off total.

I think what travelbuddies is saying is..... 60% off of ONE persons fare vs. 50 % off one persons fare! 30 % off of each fare could also be 60% off of one fare...

Edited by dasi11

For double occupancy 30% off x 2 = 60% discount off total. 50% off 2nd person x 2 = 25% discount off total.

I think what travelbuddies is saying is..... 60% off of ONE persons fare vs. 50 % off one persons fare! 30 % off of each fare could also be 60% off of one fare...

They said 60% off total for double occupancy, which is not the case.

The Diamonds and up got a little burned on the 30% off deal, because they calculated the 30% after they'd subtracted the C&A balcony discount. That means they had to add a few extra lines of programming code to do it!

Any company that I have dealt with always applies a dollar discount first, then applies a percentage discount.

The BOGO sale is sure helping me! With 4 of my cruises booked - the savings the sale will give me over my current booked price is $602 total. I travel solo - so I think these BOGO sales may benefit me more than folks that are booking double occupancy.

Plus with BOGO, I believe I can use my stockholder benefit for the OBC.

Except it doesn't work like that. It's not 60 percent off of the total it's 30 percent off total fare or each fare x2. E3 was 1756. 30 percent of 1756 is 526. x2 = 1052 savings

BGOGO is 50 percent off of one passenger or about 878. You save less on the BOGOHO. At least right now.

30% only applied to balconies. Bogoho is a better deal for cave dwellers. Luv a good cave on occasion

Guess it would be. Probably close for outsides. Personally I don't mind the cave (love that name) but DW is a bit of a balcony snob. ;)

With the return of the dreaded BOGOHO sale today, I was wondering if I actually saved anything booking my AOS cruise for next summer under the 30 percent off.

Surprisingly, at least so far, RCI has not changed the base cruise fare for my E3 aft balcony at $1756. The 30 percent off sale saved me about $200 pp compared to the BOGOHO.

Happy so far. :D

Unfortunately, this is exactly the outcome that RCL was shooting for when it launched its new pricing strategy last May. With the pre-BOGO cruise pricing model slowly becoming a distant memory on most peoples calendars, the anticipated mass-market "sale" mentality is now firmly entrenched in the new-to-cruising (or new to RCL) target audience for these sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EpSirtf_E

Yes, that's not what I said but what I meant. Sorry I'm cell phone challenged. Sometimes by the time I get auto correct changed (or not) my response Is not too good.

Except it doesn't work like that. It's not 60 percent off of the total it's 30 percent off total fare or each fare x2. E3 was 1756. 30 percent of 1756 is 526. x2 = 1052 savings

BGOGO is 50 percent off of one passenger or about 878. You save less on the BOGOHO. At least right now.

Travelbuddies corrected themselves, they are on a cell phone and the little screen and autocorrect make posting difficult at times.

I'm just a happy little glass-is-half-full kind of girl. BOGOHO is $629 per person, including fees, for a 7 night cruise.....well, that makes me happy. :D

Bottom line is always are you happy paying what you are paying for your cruise given the cabin you are sailing in regardless of what discount, sale, or whatever got you to that price point.:D

Bottom line is always are you happy paying what you are paying for your cruise given the cabin you are sailing in regardless of what discount, sale, or whatever got you to that price point.:D

Yes, indeedy!! :D

Not to mention that's a really good price, too!

I'm just a happy little glass-is-half-full kind of girl. BOGOHO is $629 per person, including fees, for a 7 night cruise.....well, that makes me happy. :D

I am looking for deals on 7 night cruises. What ship and itinerary and date are you sailing for 629 a person? I would like to take a look at it. Thanks :)

I guess I somehow lucked out with this new sale. I'm booked on the Splendour out of Venice in Oct.(inside rooms) decided I would call yesterday and the girl saved me an additional $700! I'm happy!

It does pay to keep checking the prices. I originally booked in Dec 2014 to cabins and with several call and sales my total has dropped a little over $1700!! :)

I guess I somehow lucked out with this new sale. I'm booked on the Splendour out of Venice in Oct.(inside rooms) decided I would call yesterday and the girl saved me an additional $700! I'm happy!

It does pay to keep checking the prices. I originally booked in Dec 2014 to cabins and with several call and sales my total has dropped a little over $1700!! :)

Good for you! When I read this, the first thing that popped into my head was, if you saved $1,700 on a seven day cruise, in an inside cabin, you must have grossly over paid when you booked it.

I am looking for deals on 7 night cruises. What ship and itinerary and date are you sailing for 629 a person? I would like to take a look at it. Thanks :)

Liberty out of Galveston on 12/6/15. Promenade View cabin. I only saw the BOGHO discount, so no senior or residency discount. Total was $1,258 for two, before tips.