Anytime dining - same MDR's, same dress code?

blue_water

Thank you lljost, cb at sea, and paul929207. So the anytime dining rooms are actually different rooms from the MDR's but everything else is the same?

Thanks again!

Don't know what ship you are going on. Grand Class ships have three MDR's, one on deck 6 aft and two mid ship on decks 5 & 6. The aft DR is used for early and late fixed dining. Normally the deck 6 mid ship DR is used for very early fixed seating and opens for ATD at 7:30. The deck 5 DR opens around 5pm and is ATD.

The Coral & Island have two mid ship DR's. One is for fixed seating and part of the other for very early fixed seating with the balance of tables for ATD.

The allocation of tables in all DR's depends on passenger demand and can change from cruise to cruise.

Yes it is the same menu in both. On "Formal Nights" if you don't want to dress up (which I never do anymore), the specialty restaurants are always "casual attire".

The Horizon Court is "Who Cares" attire and Room Service is "Bedtime" attire.

:rolleyes:

Ah yes, we're on the Coral. And it makes sense with passenger demand impacting the situation.

Thanks

If you are lucky you may have Faye for your server but she may be in TD instead of ATD. Best... Server... Ever... :)

Hi Blue Water!

The Menu and Dress Code in the MDR are the same for both Anytime and Traditional.

Coral Princess is a wonderful ship! Look forward to having a great time! :D

LuLu

Thanks Lulu!

I booked our cabin quickly due to perks expiring and trying to hide it from my wife and I actually booked the wrong deck! I was looking at being 2 decks below Lido on Baja, but I booked Aloha instead. My wife likes to be within 2 decks of Lido but we've never stayed one deck below and I'm concerned about noises. We're in A512 which is under the Lotus pool - how noisy is it there at night?

Thanks!

Thanks Lulu!

I booked our cabin quickly due to perks expiring and trying to hide it from my wife and I actually booked the wrong deck! I was looking at being 2 decks below Lido on Baja, but I booked Aloha instead. My wife likes to be within 2 decks of Lido but we've never stayed one deck below and I'm concerned about noises. We're in A512 which is under the Lotus pool - how noisy is it there at night?

Thanks!

Not on Coral Princess ... but a while back, we had a cabin below the pool area of Lido and the problem was EARLY in the mornings when they were cleaning and moving chairs around.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Same menu same dress, different MDR, DIAMOND HAD 5 as an example one large for trad, 4 small, three ATD, one early trad then ATD.

EMERALD has three.

Each ship may be slightly different.

Thank you lljost, cb at sea, and paul929207. So the anytime dining rooms are actually different rooms from the MDR's but everything else is the same?

Some would argue that this is nit-picky on semantics, but "Anytime Dining" and "Traditional Dining" are both conducted in "Main Dining Rooms" (MDR). The anytime dining rooms are MDRs, as are the traditional dining rooms.

Same menu same dress, different MDR, DIAMOND HAD 5 as an example one large for trad, 4 small, three ATD, one early trad then ATD. EMERALD has three.

The Grand class (with the sub-classes included) all have three MDRs, with the exception of Diamond/Sapphire which took the two midship MDRs and subdivided them into four half-sized MDRs with themed decor.

Coral/Island and Sun/Dawn/Sea have two MDRs.

Royal/Regal class have three MDRs.

Yes it is the same menu in both. On "Formal Nights" if you don't want to dress up (which I never do anymore), the specialty restaurants are always "casual attire".

Or just dress casually & go to the any DR along with everyone else. :rolleyes:

Great Decision! :)

LuLu

Yes I read many reports from folks being bothered by loud noises in the AM from the cleaning crew on Coral. I was in a hurry to meet the rebate deadline that night and trying to hide it from my wife and for some reason had Aloha in my head...Oh well we're good now.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...