Live From the Pacific Princess May 12, 2017 Panama Canal Cruise

Woobstr112G

34111256383_dee9b1c74f.jpg

Good morning from the Pacific Princess. We are at sea today as we sail towards Ft. Lauderdale and the end of the cruise. Getting ready to head to the gym in a bit. After that, I'll rest up and then begin my end of cruise rituals such as pulling out the suitcases and beginning to fill them up:(. At noon, we are going to partake in the pub lunch. For those that are interested, this is the second day it will have been held on this cruise. The venue for the pub lunch is Sterling's Steakhouse. After the pub lunch, it's more packing with the Captain's Gala Dinner and our last formal night later on this evening.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll check in a little later on today.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

34111256383_dee9b1c74f.jpg

Good morning from the Pacific Princess. We are at sea today as we sail towards Ft. Lauderdale and the end of the cruise. Getting ready to head to the gym in a bit. After that, I'll rest up and then begin my end of cruise rituals such as pulling out the suitcases and beginning to fill them up:(. At noon, we are going to partake in the pub lunch. For those that are interested, this is the second day it will have been held on this cruise. The venue for the pub lunch is Sterling's Steakhouse. After the pub lunch, it's more packing with the Captain's Gala Dinner and our last formal night later on this evening.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll check in a little later on today.

Bob

Please let us know how the Pub lunch was. We will be on the June 9 cruise. Thanks.

Good afternoon from the Pacific Princess. We are just sailing away from Aruba. Next stop Ft. Lauderdale and the end of this wonderful cruise. Today Holli & I Did a sailing and snorkeling excursion on a schooner. We had a blast. I haven't been snorkeling since the last time we were in Aruba 15 years ago. I rarely post pictures of myself on CC, but what the heck, it was a blast.

Bob

Was that a private excursion you were on or was it a Princess excursion?

If private - what was the name?

We've never found a good snorkeling excursion in Aruba and will be there for 2 days next winter.

Thanks!

Was that a private excursion you were on or was it a Princess excursion?

If private - what was the name?

We've never found a good snorkeling excursion in Aruba and will be there for 2 days next winter.

Thanks!

It was a ship sponsored excursion. The company was called "Jolly Pirate.".....:):):)

Bob

Really enjoying following along with your travels, Bob. Enjoy the last days and safe travels home.

Thanks Flora. I've had fun reporting on my exploits as well. Still got one full day left.....:):):)

Bob

Yes Bob, enjoy your last day and I too thank you for letting us follow along. We're doing the same trip next year on the same ship so we're especially appreciative of the time and Internet minutes you used to keep us all informed.

A late good evening from the Pacific Princess. We just got back from the after dinner show in the Cabaret Lounge. Tonight it was former actor turned singer Donny Ray Evins. Mr. Evins did a tribute to Nat King Cole. He was absolutely amazing. If you ever get the chance to see him, you are in for a real treat. An added plus is they gave him more time for his show. Instead of the usual 30-35 minute shows I've been seeing, he had just about 50 minutes.

Tonight was our last formal night. I got dressed up in my tux for the last time. I must say, that I truly enjoy the convenience of ordering the tux online and when the cruise is over not have to worry about packing it up to take home. We enjoyed the Captain's Gala Dinner in the Club Restaurant. The food and service were excellent. Tonight Oscar and the Executive Chef Jeremy Snowden went around to every table to make sure everyone was enjoying their respective meal.

Tomorrow is the dreaded last full day onboard. I've got about 80-90% of my packing done, so hopefully I'll be able to do a lot of kicking back tomorrow. Holli is actually way ahead of where she usually is and has a majority of her packing done as well.

That's all for now. See you tomorrow morning.....:):):)

Bob

I've been following along for the last few days - always fun to read, and I look forward to seeing you next year.

Enjoy your last evening and day at sea.

Thanks Abby. Hope to see you next April as well.....:):):)

Bob

A late good evening from the Pacific Princess.

Tonight was our last formal night. I got dressed up in my tux for the last time. I must say, that I truly enjoy the convenience of ordering the tux online and when the cruise is over not have to worry about packing it up to take home.

That's all for now. See you tomorrow morning.....:):):)

Bob

Bob what is the rental fee for the tux?

I agree that it would be very convenient for it to just show up in the cabin and not have to worry about packing, wrinkles cleaning, bigger suitcase.

34809733041_c41255e4e5.jpg

Good morning from the Pacific Princess. Well that dreaded day is here. The last full sea day before this wonderful cruise ends tomorrow morning in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm getting ready to head to the gym in a few for my last cruise workout. After that I'll get cleaned up and we well head to Sabatini's for breakfast for the last time. The rest of the day will be spend finishing up packing and hopefully relaxing for a major part of the afternoon.

That's all for now. I'll check back in this afternoon.

Hope all all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Bob what is the rental fee for the tux?

I agree that it would be very convenient for it to just show up in the cabin and not have to worry about packing, wrinkles cleaning, bigger suitcase.

I think it was around $125.00 when it was all said and done. There are several Princess itineraries/ships where only the basic tuxedo package is available (to include shoe rental). This is what I've found out while enjoying the service. I'm not sure about what packages are available on what specific ships on the other lines the service is available on. For more information, click on this link Cruiseline Formalwear......:):):)

Bob

34809733041_c41255e4e5.jpg

Good morning from the Pacific Princess. Well that dreaded day is here. The last full sea day before this wonderful cruise ends tomorrow morning in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm getting ready to head to the gym in a few for my last cruise workout. After that I'll get cleaned up and we well head to Sabatini's for breakfast for the last time. The rest of the day will be spend finishing up packing and hopefully relaxing for a major part of the afternoon.

That's all for now. I'll check back in this afternoon.

Hope all all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

Have a safe trip home.

Tony

Bob,

Have a safe trip home.

Tony

Bob' date='

Safe journey home to you and Holli. Know you will be excited to see Misha.[/size']

Enjoy your last evening, Bob. Hope there are no holdups tomorrow and you get home on time.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes.....:):):)

Bob

I have enjoyed reading about your cruise on the Pacific Princess. I got so excited about the ship that we booked the World cruise for January 2018. We love that size ship.

I hope your last day is a great one.

Norine

Hello Norine. You will love the Pacific Princess. My previous 10 Princess cruises have been on the bigger ships. I can honestly say that after sailing on the Pacific Princess, I now have a new favorite ship......:):):)

Bob

I can honestly say that after sailing on the Pacific Princess, I now have a new favorite ship......:):):)

It's a growing fan club. The problem is that it totally spoils you for any other kind of ship. A Captain's Circle host once confided in me that someday when the ship is really sold we'd find ourselves on the same ship design on Oceania or Azamara and form a Princess small ship alumnae group with all the other Pacific and Ocean Princess fans who also chose ship design over cruise line.

Good evening from the Pacific Princess. We just got back from our final dinner in the MDR. They had the traditional Baked Alaska parade which was very fun to watch. We are putting the final touches on our luggage before we set it outside our cabin.

I will be writing a full review after I get home but I just wanted to say a few things about the Pacific Princess. I absolutely love this ship. The only negative thing I have to say is in regards to the vibration in our aft OS suite when the ship underway at a good clip. Other than that, this cruise was pretty much perfect.

In closing, I would like to say that I truly enjoyed reporting live from the Pacific Princess. I hope everyone found my commentary informative as well as entertaining. I have some extra Internet minutes left so I'll probably do one more report tomorrow morning before we get off of the ship. In a week or so I'll also let everyone know when my pictures are posted to my Flickr photo page.

Bob

Thank you again Bob for this thread.

I hope we don't have too many vibrations in our Aft OS 8067 next month.

I assume that we can print our airline boarding passes in the Internet Cafe as I have

on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess in the past?

Safe travels home.

I hope we don't have too many vibrations in our Aft OS 8067 next month.

The higher the better regarding aft vibrations. We were aft on deck 6 and it was bearable but won't do it again.