Live From the Pacific Princess May 12, 2017 Panama Canal Cruise

Woobstr112G

The higher the better regarding aft vibrations. We were aft on deck 6 and it was bearable but won't do it again.

We were on deck 6 in an OS for a 10-day French Polynesia cruise and had no vibration at all. Guess the generally slow going from relatively close island to island makes all the difference.

And Bob -

Thanks again for the great "live from" report! A Panama Canal cruise is on our "someday list" so it was really great to read along!

You and Holli have a safe and uneventful flight home and tons of great memories after you get there.

34153895713_3607768120.jpg

Good morning from the Pacific Princess. We are turning around at the moment in preparation for docking in Ft. Lauderdale. We are set to enjoy our last suite breakfast at 0700 and have to be in the Cabaret Lounge at 0920 for the only shuttle to Miami Airport for our 1730 flight back home.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks from me too Bob. You did a great job and I always love reading about your exploits while cruising. Have a very safe flight home.

Thanks Ann. We are looking forward to getting home and especially to picking Misha up tomorrow.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob for this wonderful thread.

I think there are a lot of us that are sad your journey is coming to an end.

It's a growing fan club. The problem is that it totally spoils you for any other kind of ship. A Captain's Circle host once confided in me that someday when the ship is really sold we'd find ourselves on the same ship design on Oceania or Azamara and form a Princess small ship alumnae group with all the other Pacific and Ocean Princess fans who also chose ship design over cruise line.

Hi Jeannie

We know we'll have at least 7 more years with her (that's what Petrus told us in December when Princess made the decision to refurbish her) and if we all keep sailing her and telling Princess how much we love her, maybe more after that.

Allan has promised me at least a portion of a World Cruise in 2020 so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

Thanks for this most entertaining description - and photos - aboard the Pacific Princess. We also now think this is our favorite ship in the Princess fleet - such a great crew and welcoming passengers. Already have her booked for one BTB Panama canal and a future World Cruise again. Will look for your review later. Have a safe trip home. Best wishes, Joe

Sitting at the terminal gate waiting to board our flight home. Wish I was still aboard the Pacific Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, I see it's headed off for the Bahamas. And likely with someone else in "your" cabin.

How so very rude of them... [emoji26]

Safe travels back home to the land of less water...

Yes, I see it's headed off for the Bahamas. And likely with someone else in "your" cabin.

How so very rude of them... [emoji26]

Safe travels back home to the land of less water...

She's heading to dry dock. If there's someone else in the cabin now, it's a likely a maintenance worker. Oh wait, Bob had a suite ... I suppose it would be the boss.

Sitting at the terminal gate waiting to board our flight home. Wish I was still aboard the Pacific Princess.....:):):)

Bob

I completely understand. It seems the end of a cruise is on you before you know it. From what you have posted it seems you had an amazing cruise. I'm really looking forward to your pictures on Flickr. I love big ships and loved the Regal cruise we did in December. Given that, I'm wondering if I should give small ship cruising a try. One of my friends just got back from a river cruise and loved it. Perhaps going small is another great experience. :):):)

Just wanted to add my thanks. I have enjoyed following along.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your reports. We did the Pacific Princess Holiday 12/2015 it was so special, we love that ship.

How will i know when you post from another trip? as I would like to follow along in the future.

Safe journey home.

Judy-Judy and Bob

Bob

Bob, we all thank you for your live reports... they are appreciated.

For everyone else, if you have enjoyed Bob's reports as much as I have, and you are not taking Pacific Princess yourself prior to November, be sure to follow the 11-23 November sailing thread- I always blog during a cruise, and will continue Bob's tradition on Pacific Princess in the Adriatic- 165 days hence [emoji846].

It will be interesting to see how she will have changed with "club class" dining, once aboard.

Cheers,

Another Bob & Holl(y)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening from Palmdale Ca. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've got some pictures up on my flickr site. So far the Cruise Log, Princess Patters, Ship Pictures and San Pedro pre cruise pictures are up. Here is the link. The rest might take me a bit because of work commitments. My review might also take a little while also to complete.....:):):)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25882507@N08/albums/72157681571584372

Bob

Good evening from Palmdale Ca. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've got some pictures up on my flickr site. So far the Cruise Log, Princess Patters, Ship Pictures and San Pedro pre cruise pictures are up. here is the link.....:):):)

Bob

Nice.. checking out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening from Palmdale Ca. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've got some pictures up on my flickr site. So far the Cruise Log, Princess Patters, Ship Pictures and San Pedro pre cruise pictures are up. Here is the link. The rest might take me a bit because of work commitments. My review might also take a little while also to complete.....:):):)

Bob

Welcome home! Your photos look terrific! Thanks!

We will be boarding her on January 22, 2018 for the world cruise.

Norine

Norine -

Our daughter and hubby also live in Litchfield Park...we could come visit them and then hide out in your luggage when you board for your world cruise! [emoji6]

Norine -

Our daughter and hubby also live in Litchfield Park...we could come visit them and then hide out in your luggage when you board for your world cruise! [emoji6]

We don't live in the actual Litchfield Park. That is just our mailing address. We are about 9 miles west, just north of Buckeye city limits, north of Verrado.

I think the cruise is fully booked unless there are some inside cabins left.

Norine

Bob

Wow, Bob. Your Pacific Princess pictures are amazing. I'm a big ship fan as are my travel companions. I'm thinking I might want to book a solo on this ship. Looks like a ship that is beautiful and would afford one lots of time for reflection. Checking her sailings now......

Hello Norine. You will love the Pacific Princess. My previous 10 Princess cruises have been on the bigger ships. I can honestly say that after sailing on the Pacific Princess, I now have a new favorite ship......:):):)

Hi loving your review, thanks for taking the time to write your review - I have a couple of questions

We have started booking inside cabins and going to spend our time in the sanctuary

I know Pacific dosent have the sanctuary, is there something similar.? (we are doing a transatlantic)

Does the Pacific have the coffee shop area ?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Ellie :)