Does anyone watch BELOW DECK?

I've watched it a few times - somehow the interactions among the crew always seemed like a blend of Real Housewives and Jersey Shore - both of which are far more annoying than entertaining --- and the guests usually seem to outdo the crew in cheesiness.

It struck me as an interesting concept, so I tried it periodically - but have decided that I'd prefer to spend time in a dentist's chair than watch any more episodes.

I've watched it a few times - somehow the interactions among the crew always seemed like a blend of Real Housewives and Jersey Shore - both of which are far more annoying than entertaining --- and the guests usually seem to outdo the crew in cheesiness.

It struck me as an interesting concept, so I tried it periodically - but have decided that I'd prefer to spend time in a dentist's chair than watch any more episodes.

Wouldn't you have to have watched Jersey Shore and Real Housewives to make that comparison?:confused: I know, I know, they were playing at your dentist's office and they had you strapped to the chair. ;)

As for the OP's question, I seen parts of a couple of episodes and I too prefer to spend time in my dentist's chair. But I wear a blindfold and noise cancelling headphones ever since they started playing Duck Dynasty on the office TV's.;p

Edited by DirtyDawg

Wouldn't you have to have watched Jersey Shore and Real Housewives to make that comparison?:confused: I know, I know, they were playing at your dentist's office and they had you strapped to the chair. ;)

As for the OP's question, I seen parts of a couple of episode and I too prefer to spend time in my dentist's chair. But I wear a blindfold and noise cancelling headphones ever since they started playing Duck Dynasty on the office TV's.;p

But, but, he has been on over 100 cruises, which he constantly brags about in many posts, so therefore he must be right!:eek:

But, but, he has been on over 100 cruises, which he constantly brags about in many posts, so therefore he must be right!:eek:

You really should think before you post ignorant blather. My signature clearly shows number of cruises taken - and mentioning them in passing can only be seen as bragging by the envious.

As for the OP's question, I seen parts of a couple of episodes and I too prefer to spend time in my dentist's chair. But I wear a blindfold and noise cancelling headphones ever since they started playing Duck Dynasty on the office TV's.;p

Yes, I admit watching (parts of) several episodes of each -- I like to base decisions on experience - and know what I am talking about. When it came to Duck Dynasty, however, part of one episode (perhaps a very powerful one) was enough.

I have to say, those Bravo shows are my guilty pleasure. When I get home from work at midnight, I just turn it on and eat my before-bed snack to whichever program is on. Captain Sandy is a bad-a$$ Captain. Bobby should have stuck to being a firefighter/paramedic...

I only got sucked into these shows because I went to high school with one of the original RHOC (husbands). Got sucked in to Laguna Beach on MTV back when because I was in church choir with the father of one of kids. Makes for interesting viewing when you know some of them!

Yes, I admit watching (parts of) several episodes of each -- I like to base decisions on experience - and know what I am talking about. When it came to Duck Dynasty, however, part of one episode (perhaps a very powerful one) was enough.

Well it's good to know that Jersey Shore and those Real Housewives were more palatable to you than Duck Dynasty. How does Honey Boo Boo Dances with the Bachelorette and Bachelor Stares rank? I have to admit I didn’t make it past the first promo commercial for that one. :D

Enquiring Minds Want to Know?;p

We watch this but recently read somewhere that they are all actors, not real crew members. Are the passengers also actors?I can't believe the passenger who chartered then give thousands of $$$ as tips for the crew! How much does the crew get paid for the filming of their cruises?

Anyone else read this? thoughts?

We watch this but recently read somewhere that they are all actors, not real crew members. Are the passengers also actors?I can't believe the passenger who chartered then give thousands of $$$ as tips for the crew! How much does the crew get paid for the filming of their cruises?

:eek::eek: What??????

Reality TV isn't REAL????:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I have no idea, but great question. I watch it for entertainment though, not reality. Yesterday's episode was "Croatia" and all I know, is I would LOVE to visit there.:cool:

Yes, it is totally staged. I was recently on a reality show (can't say which one due to a non-disclosure agreement, and it hasn't aired yet) and I can say first hand that all realty tv is totally staged. Some are more fake than others...and Below Decks is one of the most fake.

One of the saddest commentaries on our education system is the fact that the TV promoters can get away with calling their genre "REALITY TV" .

I guess the success of "Survivor" gave producers the notion that "if you air it, they will watch" --- and they have been running with it ever since (pretty much downhill).

She obviously forgot to take the course on anchor chain management.

That is true. But, at least she found out to not trust Bobby or the Hawaiian girl to do anchor duty... There was one spot where she did posit why the owner had such a small anchor installed (meaning it should have been heavier for the ship size and possible conditions). The "bada$$" came from their promo song and the guest in the "Mr. Skin" episode called her that... I should have posted originally in quotes. I prefer Captain Lee ;-)

Back in the "Laguna Beach" days: if you were unlucky enough to want to be at a site (beach, restaurant, nail spa, etc.) where they were going to film that day, you had to sign a non-disclosure statement and agree that you will participate in the filming. Kind of took out the spontaneity of deciding what to do last-minute. Ran into it few times I visited one of my BFFs who lives there.

How anyone can believe these shows are true "reality" and not scripted... I know that I am embarrassed every time I see RHOC - they have given Newport Beach, Corona del Mar, Laguna Beach, Laguna Nigel, Dana Point all a bad name and gives a really bad impression of the residents. Those who live in the man-made Newport Coast, well, those I have met are truly like the RHOC people ;p

How anyone can believe these shows are true "reality" and not scripted...

I have a friend who was a contestant on The Bachelorette a few years ago. Actually made it to the final 3. The things he told me about that show, including the plants (paid actors) who are "contestants" is what first opened my eyes to how scripted these shows are.

I'll admit it. I watch Below Deck. I love Captain Lee. Sandy seems a little "Off" to me. Not sure why yet. My other quilty pleasures are Southern Charm, and RHONY. (No judging thank you) I have no delusions that any of it is real, I just shake my head and laugh for a few hours each week.