Changes to Caribbean Princess During Current Dry Dock

msmoger

I've been stalking hoping for something from the CB as I'm cruising the British Isles on May 1. I'm excited and can't wait to see the new changes. I'm planning to do a live from...I just have to remember how to use the tapatalk app again :)

Stay safe & enjoy every one of those days as a short-timer! ;)

Is that 355 days & a wake up? :p

Actually 354 and a wake up:D. I think 37 years will be enough. Almost blowing out my knee the other day made me realize that it's time.....:eek:

Bob

I think I disagree with this. I'm guessing this was a better planned rollout than Alfredo's. The fact that there's no fee during the day and it's using under utilized real estate at night and the cover is only $12 seems to indicate Princess sees this as the "wave of the future " (sorry about that [emoji41][emoji23]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. These changes aren't at all like Alfredo's suddenly becoming a fee based venue in the middle of a cruise. That was poorly thought out and deserved to fail. These changes offer new things at breakfast and lunch for free and have a very marginal charge in the evening. I don't see any problem with charging for the spiffy ice cream sandwiches either. It has always onlybeen the soft serve that was free. We're booked on CB in March of 2018 and looking forward to the changes.

True. I know my son likes to get a filet mignon and a ribeye at the Crown Grill. :p But when you think about it, I think it's a good thing. You couldn't go into a fine restaurant and order everything off the menu. That Princess did this in the past doesn't mean it's sustainable.

I think you have to remember that you've already paid once for your dinner which was included in your cruise fare.. So any additional payment to the Crown Grill must be supplemented by the estimated cost of the pre-paid included meal.

Point being, is you can't apply the same terms at the Crown Grill as you would at a land side restaurant at which you only pay for your meal once.

Don't feel guilty about ordering seconds, they we're paid for in your original cruise fare :)

Srpilo

Does anyone know if Caribbean Princess (or any of the other ships as they are going through drydock) is getting the Love Boat horn that is present on Royal and Regal?

I sure hope so! LOVE that Love Boat theme horn!!!

• 1 month later...
does the caribbean princess have a place to play cards?
No dedicated card room. They used to have hosted bridge play in Sabatini's but that is long gone. Inside you could play in Skywalker's or at some tables outside of Explorer's. Often there are people playing at the tables around the outside of the pools on Lido deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it true the chairs on lido are now tangerine orange?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Inquiring minds want to know [emoji848] The photos on the website show orange chairs by Slice, teal chairs by Coffee & Cones, and white chairs by the Salty Dog Grill and they are all different styles. What was actually installed??

Oh there are pics? I was only going off what someone mentioned but wasn't sure if they really exist and if they are the loungers or normal chairs at the tables along the edge of lido.

Maybe he's referring to the computer generated images on the Caribbean's post drydock website?

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/

Ah I see. ..let's hope so...it won't ruin the cruise but we love that princess had classic, calm neutral colors. I felt it let the destinations bring the colors. We were on HAL and the harsh bright red walls and oranges just seemed so loud. I get princess is trying to pull in newbies but she needs to remain unique. ..let's paint the hull, then the front design of the royal class ships look like the front of another line. ..please princess stay classic amd classy that is why we picked the line in the 1st place. ..just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Maybe he's referring to the computer generated images on the Caribbean's post drydock website?

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/

The images on the video are also the photos or renderings on the website that I referenced in my prior post.