I will Stop Cruising if....

Jamericannn

It's likely I will even keep cruising after I'm dead. My father loved to cruise and i bring his ashes on every cruise I go on. My children have promised to do the same for me. Not even death will keep me from cruising.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Have they ever asked you at the airport or getting on the ship what that is? I'm talking about the ash.

Have they ever asked you at the airport or getting on the ship what that is? I'm talking about the ash.

No one ever asks about it because I have it in a small prescription bottle. I keep another little bottle on may car as well. It was his car and he gave it to me before he passed. I take him with me wherever I go and no one says anything unless I request to scatter a little. Then I always get permission. I have my memory box that's sealed on my mantle at home.

Back to the original question. Three things:

#1 They stop serving booze.

#2 The Credit Card Company starts declining my charge (which assumes I have assumed ambient temperature)

#3 People stop getting off the ship on port days . I used to like sea days but port days are so much better when I have the ship to myself.

For me, wife and grandson it costs about $375/nt for a nice balcony( depending when we sail- sometimes lots cheaper).. Food is ok and we like being at sea. The main advantage to cruising is going to different ports on vacation. I don't choose cruising when we go to Europe. I think one thing that would make cruising less fund for me, personally, would be the addition of more " extra pay restaurants". I see that coming in the not so distant future.

It's likely I will even keep cruising after I'm dead. My father loved to cruise and i bring his ashes on every cruise I go on. My children have promised to do the same for me. Not even death will keep me from cruising.

I actually have my late husbands ashes in a locket that I used to wear but after awhile, the top seal somehow started to come lose and I stopped wearing it. My current husband understands or maybe not but doesnt say anything.

It seems like everybody is changing. Not only CCL, but all the cruise lines and all other vacation spots. It's my money and it's your money and we will spend it the way we see fit. If CCL is the right fit for 2017 I will go with CCL. If it's not the right fit for 2018 I will go somewhere else.

I don't know what will put me over the fence

We won't stop.

Stop complaining.

Not sure if this was intended for me but just in case... I am certainly not complaining. The question was asked because those were some of the major topics being discussed at the time of original post. There will always be options for cruising so I can't even think of anything that would really stop be from cruising.

I can't imagine anything that would make me stop cruising, aside from death or a physical limitation that might prevent us. Would I potentially try out other cruise lines? Absolutely, but then again, I'm not necessarily married to any particular line to begin with (even though we do regularly sail on Carnival). Since they don't cruise to some areas that we are heavily looking at, it looks like we'll be trying some other brands any ways.

...if it becomes more affordable to take a decent, mostly-inclusive land-based vacation for the same amount of time.

-- Or if cruising becomes not-fun, but I don't see that happening; I really enjoy that sense of escape.

This is the only reason we will be cruising next February. We usually fly to Cozumel for week every Spring but the cost of airfare and lodging/meals has made it too expensive. So we'll be cruising into Cozumel this time. :(

If Carnival quit cruising out of Galveston I'd quit cruising with them.

I think I am gradually heading that direction now though. Our first couple of cruises were absolutely magical, so much of it had to do with the staff, we got so much personal attention from them. Now, with the reduction in staff, they are all so busy that they don't have time to do those little things that make such a difference. On our last cruise our waitstaff was so busy that we often didn't get things we'd asked for. On our first cruise the waitstaff joked with our kids, did magic tricks for them, and remembered that I liked coffee with my dessert every night, I asked for it the first night and they brought it every night after without my asking. On our last cruise I asked for it every night and rarely got it.

Little things, yes, but it takes it from amazing to just another vacation. Couple this with the same 3 tired 7 day itineraries out of Galveston and I'm sure we'll eventually move away from doing a 7 day cruise on Carnival every year.

• 2 months later...
Well, then, I guess I will just go into that cruise on Breeze with an open mind, and plan on having a great time, because in answer to the OPs question as to what it will take to get me to stop cruising:

I will cruise until I can no longer due to health, or I run out of money--lol! Seriously--I am a cruise addict, and if I could afford to cruise more than once a year, I would! My hubby and I are retired, and hope to move closer to Florida ports eventually. We currently live outside Buffalo, NY, so we always have to factor in the cost of flights to our total vacation costs. I would like to avoid that one added cost if possible.

We LOVED the Breeze!!! We’ve been on plenty of ships and sailed on Disney and the Breeze is right up there as one of our favorites! Been on the Breeze twice and about to book it a theirs time to say goodbye as it leaves Galveston soon. I think it also has to do with your state of mind. Go in looking for the negatives and you will find them[emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With all the changes over the past couple years with Carnival such as assigned check in time, not being able to eat in MDR if you are over 30 minutes late, pools became available to everyone etc., what is ONE change that would make you stop cruising?

Please note: I mentioned the changes above but that doesn't mean I think they are all "bad" changes.

A Father many times as well as a Grandfather many times with over 30 Carnival cruises, I've seen many changes over the decades. As long as Carnival keeps servicing the heavy drinkers, gamblers, ship-tour-crazy and dinging families with kids, I'll just keep enjoying my great rates these revenue-grabbing activities provide. Frankly, in my sub group of Carnival cruisers, they'd probably just as soon I would cruise on a different line. :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I have already given up on Carnival - I think the entertainment stinks and I don't expect the main event for the evening to be watching Hasbro games. Too bad because I like Carnival except for that.

I don't ever see not cruising. I would like to see some of those rules above enforced and the lack of enforcement might encourage me to look at other cruise lines.

I stuck with Carnival when the banned smoking on the balcony. I have since quit smoking (not because of the change in policy)

I stuck with Carnival when they changed the loyalty program and I couldn't quite make platinum before the deadline.

I stuck with Carnival when they changed to the American Table. I am still not a fan but it has improved since it was first introduced.

I stuck with Carnival through changes liquor policy. I got up early several time to pick it up and repacked in the airport. Thankfully they went back to the old way on longer cruises.

I have tried to roll with the punches but I think it might be time to look around.

Liquor policy?

I have no intention to stop cruising and I am a loyal Carnival guest, but I agree with some other posters that they are trying too hard to be a Disney copycat to attract families with small children. I have come to enjoy the smaller ships that do not have as many slides or children's activities. Don't get me wrong. I love kids just not on my hard earned vacation when I just want to relax in the pool without being splashed or actually get into the hot tub. All you need to do is watch the introduction to the new Horizon ship and all you see is Dr Seuss and children's activities. None of this means I'll stop sailing Carnival, but I now choose times when more kids are in school and, again, smaller ships.

Yes many of us prefer and love the small ships, better staff, better programs and easier cruising experience but things change and guess what we are all still cruising. Sorry but if you asked this same question 10 years ago everyone's list would be all 'true' and yet I'm going to guess you'll still be cruising.

I agree with those - I'll stop when I die until then CRUISE ON!

It becomes an unaffordable vacation.

I will stop cruising Carnival if they keep focusing on being "family friendly" and keep ignoring loyal adult customers who don't want to be around children. There was no reason they should of allowed kids in the aft pools. They need to correct this or they will lose mine and many others business.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I always travel with my kids and absolutely love them dearly, but I completely agree with this! There needs to be a place (more than one place actually) set apart for adults, especially a pool and hot tub. I haven't been in either since my first cruise because the kids drive me freaking insane! And nothing is harder than trying to make your kids understand why they have to follow the rules when other kids are not. More and more I understand why people complain about kids on Carnival ships. My older two are 19 and 22 now and my youngest is a perfect 3 year old angel :rolleyes: so, of course, not MY kids ;p

There have been many posts above which indicate that cruising is "the best bang for your buck" or that land based vacations are more , or much more, expensive. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE !

We can go to 1000's of all- inclusive resorts for a week at far better prices than we pay to cruise for a week-- and the all-inclusive vacation includes airfare !

We take the odd cruise now because we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the wind in our faces, not because it is the most cost -effective vacation-- certainly isn't.

If the dress code gets much worse in the Main dining room! Ragged t shirts and flip flops. When I started cruising in 1999 I didn't see much of this, but over the last several years I am not surprised when I see people dressed like this on formal night