Smoking

teacher1977

Welcome to Regent. Smoking is limited to a few specified areas. Here is the Regent smoking policy on each ship:

For the comfort and safety of all of our Guests, smoking is not permitted in any enclosed dining area, certain public venues, elevators, the Theater, and all suites and balconies, and is only permitted in specific designated smoking areas. The use of electronic cigarettes is allowed within designated smoking areas only.

Cigarette smoking is only permitted in designated areas of the outdoor pool area and the following public rooms:

Seven Seas Explorer: Connoisseur Club, Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Seven Seas Voyager: Connoisseur Club, Horizon Lounge (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Seven Seas Mariner: Connoisseur Club, Horizon Lounge (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Seven Seas Navigator: Galileo's (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Cigar Smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club on applicalbe ships and the designated area on the opposite side of the Pool Bar.

Pipe smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club. Pipe smoking in open deck areas is considered an extreme fire hazard and is not permitted.

Failure to comply with the above smoking policy will result in guests being asked to leave the ship at their expense, without refund or credit for the unused portion of their cruise.

Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, I'm a former cigarette smoker and I'm pretty sensitive to smoke these days and I've never been bothered on any Regent ship. There is only one indoor smoking area (on 3 of the 4 ships) and the outdoor areas are small and restricted to one side of the deck so it's pretty easy to avoid smoke anywhere on board.

The air has cleared so much in the past 10-15 years re: smoking. While not trying to light a fire on this one, it has not always been smooth sailing for us. By chance, on two occasions on Regent ships within the past five years, the folk(s) in the next-door cabin were smokers. Yes, the policy is no smoking an any suite. However, my wife and I encountered that smell walking down the hall to our suite on Day 1. So, it was obvious our new neighbors had preceded us on at least one segment.

We brought this to the attention of our attendant and/or butler. Of course, they were aware of the situation--having to deal with it several times a day. We also alerted upper management. Obviously, some action was taken, as the issue lessened on ensuing days.

Violating all protocol, we opened all sliding doors; turned up the air conditioning to full blast, and waited. The second-hand smell left our suite after about 1/2 hour.

It is easy enough to avoid those few outside areas where smoking is permitted. Just note the wind direction, so residual fumes go in the other direction.

Enjoy your cruise.

GoArmy!

Short and on point as to contacting management on a issue as critical as exposure to second hand smoke emanating from a no-smoking area. Again, searching my self-admitted limited memory retention capability, no similar problem over the past three years.

As I also recall, my wife and I never saw those "offending neighbors" either during routine comings and goings in the hallway, or at the very popular "Block Party" event(s). Maybe they were, in fact, disembarked early--way-early. Just musing.

GoARMY!

• 2 weeks later...

On our Vikings and Vistas cruise, we did have a smoker on the balcony directly below us. All day all night.

We asked him, oh so sweetly, to not smoke. He answered us, oh so nastily with extra puffs.

We reported him.

Nothing happened.

Then I simply leaned over and took a photo and video of him smoking. Went downstairs and shared the video and photos with the cruise director.

No more smoke.

That is...until the last morning. I guess he figured, ... yeah go ahead ... kick me off the ship.

That was four years ago. Our recent cruises? Not a whiff. LOVE being out on the open sea with fresh, clear/clean pristine air.

I understand that on Explorer, Regent have come up with a innovative sealed 'glass igloo' kind of construction on the pool deck for smokers, instead of the usual open seating area. It is totally sealed and air conditioned. It is like looking at the smokers in a fish tank :)

My TA.was on Explorer a few months ago and knowing that I was really anti smoking she checked this out and reported it to be quite brilliant. You can sit right next to it and not smell smoke. I suspect/hope we may be seeing more of these in the future.

I understand that on Explorer, Regent have come up with a innovative sealed 'glass igloo' kind of construction on the pool deck for smokers, instead of the usual open seating area. It is totally sealed and air conditioned. It is like looking at the smokers in a fish tank :)

My TA.was on Explorer a few months ago and knowing that I was really anti smoking she checked this out and reported it to be quite brilliant. You can sit right next to it and not smell smoke. I suspect/hope we may be seeing more of these in the future.

Love your description of the 'glass igloo'. The smokers do indeed look like they are in a fish tank. The area is quite nice but I understand that it needs a bits more ventilation (which they are working on) so that the smokers can breathe easier in the smoke-filled area. (I'm biting my tongue in order to not make a snarky remark:o)

My husband enjoys an occasion cigar and looks forward the con lounge after dinner. We've made great friends there and is a wonderful social outlet with a fine single malt

Agree that the Connoisseur Club is a great social outlet - I really missed it on our last Navigator cruise. Although recently it's been taken over by gaggles of cigarette smokers - and yes, there is a drastic difference in cigar and cigarette smoke. We'll see how it is on Explorer in a month or so...