Which Royal Caribbean nightclub is best?

I like the nightclubs on the Voyager and Freedom classes the best but sadly they are removing them and moving the late night activities to the VCL.

I think there are only 4 of those left: Adventure, Mariner, Liberty, and Indy.

I am hoping Indy still has hers come next Jan.

All 6 of my previous cruises, the "nightclub" has been in the Viking lounge, which is nice but would like to experience something different.

Although I admit on BOS, I enjoyed the revolving bar area!

Have you-guys never been on the Radiance Class ships?

The "Safari Lounge" (or whatever each ship calls it) is by far the best dance floor - there is also one of those types lounges on the Freedom - but forward on deck 5 or 6. The problem is, they don't use it enough.

We love it when there is a band - Live Music, or the Ship's Orchestra playing ballroom dance music.

Now when we were on the Oasis lately, there was Dazzles. The best thing about that was the band that played there every night. The dance floor was waaaaaaaay too small, though.

Edited by DHADEN

Have you-guys never been on the Radiance Class ships?

The "Safari Lounge" (or whatever each ship calls it) is by far the best dance floor - there is also one of those types lounges on the Freedom - but forward on deck 5 or 6. The problem is, they don't use it enough.

We love it when there is a band - Live Music, or the Ship's Orchestra playing ballroom dance music.

Now when we were on the Oasis lately, there was Dazzles. The best thing about that was the band that played there every night. The dance floor was waaaaaaaay too small, though.

Well this thread is about the night club, not the lounge. On the Oasis the nightclub is Blaze (which I am not a big fan of).

However on the Harmony it looks like there will be no Blaze so Dazzles will probably be the nightclub.

Well this thread is about the night club, not the lounge. On the Oasis the nightclub is Blaze (which I am not a big fan of).

However on the Harmony it looks like there will be no Blaze so Dazzles will probably be the nightclub.

Oh, you Yankees have a different language!! :p

There are all kinds of "NightClubs"

There are Lounges

There are Discos

There are Bars

There are HonkeyTonks.

Etc.

My favorite is the Lounges in the back of the Radiance Class ships.;)

Edited by DHADEN

Having been on Freedom since they moved the Disco to the Viking Crown I can say the the music is the same and there is a DJ with the standard setup for disco type music. There was hardly anyone dancing during this cruise in April.

On Freedom where they converted Pharaoh's Lounge to The Star Lounge (?) they had live music and a few people dancing. Mostly I believe they were doing salsa music.

The band in Freedom Boleros were mostly doing Hispanic themed music with occasional slow tunes for dancing. Did notice that the normal due or trio in Enchantment Boleros was missing last time and replaced with the DJ or recorded music.

I have been on Enchantment recently as well and the Disco there in the Viking Crown is quite active every night. Both Freedom and Enchantment cruises were during Spring Break. This same area on Legend earlier this year was dead compared to Enchantment.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

I enjoyed the Crypt nightclub on Mariner and Liberty. I have been sad to hear it is going away through dry dock remodels.

I did not care for Blaze on Allure although I loved the VCL for their nightclub. On Oasis class ships, there were so many live music choices at night that I did not want to waste my time in Blaze. I would say VCL is my next favorite (or favorite depending upon ship). I'm afraid it is going away for non-suite guests though and that makes me very sad.

Personally, I think the Crypt 2 level nightclub really encouraged people to dance, and was centrally located so people didn't "forget" about it and would wander in naturally. For VCL, a passenger had to remember and purposely go there, which sometimes can limit how busy the place would be late at night. If it's within the main passenger areas, I think it is more crowded.

One of my all time favorite "lounges" though was Jazz on 5. I really enjoyed the difference in there and it was a great place to unwind at the end of the night with a Bailey's on ice. I wish they would add a small Jazz club to other ships, albeit it was never busy when we were there.

I like the nightclubs on the Voyager and Freedom classes the best but sadly they are removing them and moving the late night activities to the VCL.

Agree with you 100%. Sad indeed. :(

Whoops, should have multi-quoted my last response haha.

I was actually thinking about this on Oasis last week, as I also assume Dazzles will be the nightclub on Harmony. I absolutely love Dazzles and spent some time in there one night listening to the band on Oasis, but I think they need to expand the dance floor if they're going to make it the main dance club. The floor wasn't even big enough for a small to moderate crowd dancing to the house band on Oasis, and certainly would not have been big enough to house even half of the crowd that was showing up in Blaze almost every night last week, which was packed.

I'm sure they've already thought this through, but my suggestion would be to expand the dance floor into the front sitting area in Dazzles off to the right (when looking at the windows). It would reduce seating, but would probably result in a dance floor that's large enough to handle the expected crowds on a 7 night Caribbean sailing. It would also help if they could expand the bar area somehow off to the left, as I'm again not sure it's large enough to handle expected crowds.

In Oasis Class, Blaze every night, except when Club 20 at the Solarium is open. The difference is that Blaze is a regular dance club, while Club 20 is a "VIP" dance party, with a fancier decoration and more room. I've seen officers and other top crew members dressing at their best and joining the party. But Club 20 only opens two nights on a week-long cruise.

For young, clubbing passenger, those are the best spots. Both are DJ events with top 40, electronic, pop, and other trending music.

For an older, more conservative crowd, the place is Dazzles.

Whoops, should have multi-quoted my last response haha.

I was actually thinking about this on Oasis last week, as I also assume Dazzles will be the nightclub on Harmony. I absolutely love Dazzles and spent some time in there one night listening to the band on Oasis, but I think they need to expand the dance floor if they're going to make it the main dance club. The floor wasn't even big enough for a small to moderate crowd dancing to the house band on Oasis, and certainly would not have been big enough to house even half of the crowd that was showing up in Blaze almost every night last week, which was packed.

I'm sure they've already thought this through, but my suggestion would be to expand the dance floor into the front sitting area in Dazzles off to the right (when looking at the windows). It would reduce seating, but would probably result in a dance floor that's large enough to handle the expected crowds on a 7 night Caribbean sailing. It would also help if they could expand the bar area somehow off to the left, as I'm again not sure it's large enough to handle expected crowds.

I agree with everything you said here Dave you Yankee you. :D

I am not sure if it is thought that the DJ at the Bionic Bar on Harmony will just provide lounge music or if they will also have a dance floor. The text is not clear.

•Bionic Bar on the Royal Promenade, featuring robot bartenders serving up one-of-a-kind crafted cocktails while dancing to a fluid beat

Even on the ships that had a proper night club, before they started removing them, they used to have Absolut Vodka sponsored clubs one night every week in the Solarium area, along with other events.

They had dance floors in Europe and were so popular they sometimes would have a second dance floor pool-side. The 'crowd' would then move down to the club for the late night.

They would sometimes have events for teens or families in the actual night club while these events were taking place.

The DJ in the Bionic bar is volume restricted, nobody actually dances in that area :mad:

I am not sure if it is thought that the DJ at the Bionic Bar on Harmony will just provide lounge music or if they will also have a dance floor. The text is not clear.

•Bionic Bar on the Royal Promenade, featuring robot bartenders serving up one-of-a-kind crafted cocktails while dancing to a fluid beat

Even on the ships that had a proper night club, before they started removing them, they used to have Absolut Vodka sponsored clubs one night every week in the Solarium area, along with other events.

They had dance floors in Europe and were so popular they sometimes would have a second dance floor pool-side. The 'crowd' would then move down to the club for the late night.

They would sometimes have events for teens or families in the actual night club while these events were taking place.

When I was on my last Liberty cruise, they had the dance party one night in the Solarium and that was a blast.

On Brilliance, the Star Bar (?) was packed every night. It was a lot of fun. The bar rotates, which freaked us out at first.

On Brilliance, the Star Bar (?) was packed every night. It was a lot of fun. The bar rotates, which freaked us out at first.

The Star Bar! The rotating bar freaked me out at first too. We had quite a bit of fun there on Brilliance. Probably a little too much! :eek::D

I would think the answer to this question would change every week depending on the passengers on board.

One week a club might be popular but the next not so much. So one persons experience at the best night club might be completely different to passengers the following week.

I would think the answer to this question would change every week depending on the passengers on board.

One week a club might be popular but the next not so much. So one persons experience at the best night club might be completely different to passengers the following week.

Very true.

Alright Royal cruisers, we're taking your opinions! Which nightclub in the fleet is your favorite for trendy music and late-night dancing? :cool:

Obviously the crowd makes or breaks the club scene, and that changes each cruise. Short weekend cruises tend to have the best club scene, with the younger crowds that are usually aboard.

As far as the club designs and decor, the Freedom (and I'm assuming the Voyager) Class ships have the best IMO. The two level layout and cool gothic decor are awesome. But unfortunately they are phasing those out and making them into restaurants. So now my favorite clubs are the ones on the Radiance Class ships, especially when they have the rotating bar going.

But unfortunately they are phasing those out and making them into restaurants.

And more cabins :o

Out of one trip on Monarch, one on Radiance and two on Freedom, Radiance certainly had the best night club scene! Of course it might have helped that a whole dance group from Tampa was onboard that week. :D

I checked out Olive and Twist late at night every night on my last cruise on Freedom. Dead.

And more cabins :o

Out of one trip on Monarch, one on Radiance and two on Freedom, Radiance certainly had the best night club scene! Of course it might have helped that a whole dance group from Tampa was onboard that week. :D

I checked out Olive and Twist late at night every night on my last cruise on Freedom. Dead.

Sounds about right. They had the club up there one night on Freedom last year. They let the kids club use the Crypt, go figure, so the VCL was dead.

Royal has a habit of doing weird stuff to kill their club scene. They've shut it down multiple times that I've witnessed with people still in there, dancing and (more importantly) buying drinks. They use it as a kids club, even though there are kids discos onboard. It really is a head scratcher sometimes.

Especially since I've been on many short, weekend Carnival cruises. Their clubs are madhouses. Totally packed, tons of people on the dance floor, hopping until almost 4 am. Then CCL has the pizzeria open 24/7. Royal could really take a few pages out of Carnival's playbook when it comes to nightlife.

The DJ in the Bionic bar is volume restricted, nobody actually dances in that area :mad:

As Bionic Bar on Harmony is taking the place of the Champagne Bar and with the removal of Blaze, I was unsure if the concept might be altered somewhat.

That was certainly not the case on Quantum although in passing I thought the DJ was very talented that they had stationed there on my sailing. He seemed to be dedicated to that venue.