Regal, Royal or Caribbean Princess Help Please!

smileytrips

Just decided to take a last minute cruise on one of these ships and need help ASAP. I have not had time to do any research. I have only sailed on the Dawn, Grand, and Caribbean Princess ships and have been very pleased. Not sure about these larger ones and how they compare. Crowds at the pool? Balconies exposed, etc. Any tips? plus and minuses would be helpful. Thank you all so much!

Even though the Royal Class ships are somewhat larger, you probably won't see much difference in the amount of passengers crowding in the popular areas of the ship. Pool areas are always crowded in the Caribbean so get there early and get your spot. There are other less crowded areas on the ship for being in the open air such as deck 17 or 18 forward or aft.

These ships are beautiful and have some great new design layouts in the Horizon Court/Bistro area with a large assortment of cuisines and easy to navigate buffet lines.

Since you need help ASAP, it might be useful for you to tell us what you loved about Caribbean Princess (or the other ships) and we can tell you if those qualities shine through on the newer ships. For example, if you had a Balcony on Caribe deck and loved the size of it and want to replicate that on your future cruise, we could tell you that you won't find that feature on the new ships. Or if you loved the uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck, again, those did not carry over to the new ships. Or if you loved the Horizon Court on Caribbean, we could tell you that on the newer ships you will find a bigger, better Horizon Court. So tell us some of the things that made your past cruises special and it will be easier for us to let you know if the newer ships will appeal to you.

Pool on the Royal is very small compared to the Caribbean Princess.....the Royal Horizon court buffet is huge and has anything imaginable.....Royal also has Alfredos which the Caribbean Princess does not have ( very good ).

We like both ships - they are different in their own ways.

eclue:rolleyes:

We've been on the Caribbean many times, most recently this fall on a Canada/New England cruise. We also were on the Regal once last year. The Regal/Royal are newer. The only thing we did not like about the Regal was the small balcony and the theatre got very crowded at night. The main areas/food/service on the Caribbean are great but I have to say our balcony cabin was very "worn" on our September trip.

Thank you all for your input. Yes I did have the larger balcony on the caribe deck so yes I would miss out on that. I liked the adult pool on the CP and I liked the bars outside by all the pools. I did not have any trouble getting chairs and I liked the live music outside. I just never felt crowded except at the buffet. Good to know that the buffet lines aren't long on the new ships because they sure were on the CP. I also enjoyed the vines wine bar. Is that on the new ships?

Thank you all for your input. Yes I did have the larger balcony on the caribe deck so yes I would miss out on that. I liked the adult pool on the CP and I liked the bars outside by all the pools. I did not have any trouble getting chairs and I liked the live music outside. I just never felt crowded except at the buffet. Good to know that the buffet lines aren't long on the new ships because they sure were on the CP. I also enjoyed the vines wine bar. Is that on the new ships?

There are larger balconies in Royal/Regal but not entire decks like Caribbean... Look at Emerald deck, or full aft cabins or fully forward facing cabins or minis under rhe Skywalk or Seaview Bar.

Retreat Pool on Royal/Regal is adults only and large with its own bar, separated from main pool deck, etc. Bars on the open decks all over the place, no problems there. Much larger and better layer out Horizon Court and Bistro - and with the outdoor Terrace seating also....

We much prefer Royal/Regal class to Caribbean Prinxess itself as the passengers are more spread out overall due to larger ships. Beautiful interiors with very large atrium being rhe hub of activities inside, Alfredo's which is excellent (and no charge), beautiful cabin decor (more updated and sleek than older ships), etc... We aim for rhe bigger balconies on Royal class but the standard ones are fine for us too..

Enjoy, whichever you choose..

I would recommend Royal or Regal. If you liked the adult pool on Caribbean you would probably like the Retreat pool on Royal and Regal. I like the expanded Piazza area, also Alfredo's.

I've heard balconies are smaller but we always get a sideways inside.

We love the Regal. We never felt crowded, unlike on the Grand,vs here the atrium was uncomfortably packed. The only thing that we dislike a little bit is the tiny balconies, and after having a Caribe balcony on Grand class you might be a bit let down with the balcony size of the Regal, but it is still workable [emoji3] as others have already said, buffet is awesome !

Love the adult pool at the front of the ship except when it is too windy

Miss Explorer's lounge. Love the main pretty showroom though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would recommend Royal or Regal. If you liked the adult pool on Caribbean you would probably like the Retreat pool on Royal and Regal. I like the expanded Piazza area, also Alfredo's.

I've heard balconies are smaller but we always get a sideways inside.

I agree with you Betty. For me I love Alfredo's for lunch.

Tony

We love the Regal. We never felt crowded, unlike on the Grand,vs here the atrium was uncomfortably packed. The only thing that we dislike a little bit is the tiny balconies, and after having a Caribe balcony on Grand class you might be a bit let down with the balcony size of the Regal, but it is still workable [emoji3] as others have already said, buffet is awesome !

Love the adult pool at the front of the ship except when it is too windy

Miss Explorer's lounge. Love the main pretty showroom though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're right about the wind, last week our last sea day was very windy leaving the Retreat pool unusable, I sat at the main pool that morning until all the kids got to the pool about lunch time.

You have not mentioned itinerary. We sailed Caribbean Christmas 2014, the Regal for Christmas 2015, and now back to Caribbean this Christmas. There are benefits and disadvantages to ALL ships, so itinerary and price is usually what it comes down to for me. As long as I'm out there........

• 1 month later...
So does Caribbean Princess....

CB is our favorite ship and we always go to Vines before dinner for wine and sushi.

Just off the Regal. Disappointed to find that sushi was not offered (because of their seafood restaurant) and that Vines was a full service bar. Ruined the wine bar ambience sitting next to patrons drinking bud light.

CB is our favorite ship and we always go to Vines before dinner for wine and sushi.

Just off the Regal. Disappointed to find that sushi was not offered (because of their seafood restaurant) and that Vines was a full service bar. Ruined the wine bar ambience sitting next to patrons drinking bud light.

QUOTE: Ruined the wine bar ambience sitting next to patrons drinking bud light.

Oh for goodness sake! Are you serious?

Edited by janetz

Just decided to take a last minute cruise on one of these ships and need help ASAP. I have not had time to do any research. I have only sailed on the Dawn, Grand, and Caribbean Princess ships and have been very pleased. Not sure about these larger ones and how they compare. Crowds at the pool? Balconies exposed, etc. Any tips? plus and minuses would be helpful. Thank you all so much!

We have cruised the Caribbean Princess twice and the Royal. Regal is booked for next year.

We love them both.

The food on the Royal, for us was so much better. Beautiful ship!!

Although the ship is older, the Caribbean Princess gets my vote. If you will be staying in a Balcony cabin, you'll appreciate the extra real estate. We had a Mini-Suite on the Royal and felt that our balcony was a joke. Since we would use the balcony a great deal on a Caribbean cruise, the CB would be our choice.

We enjoy the grand class ships, but will pick the Royal class in a ship vs. ship toss up....bigger IC, HC, Crooners, and having Alfredo's, Bellinis, Ocean Terrace, etc....[emoji4]

Agree, and with dancing area at Club 6 more accessible at deck 6. But I like the Wheelhouse Bar at CB more than Royal and Regal.

The choice comes down to what you enjoy on a cruise ship. I enjoy using the Steam room. On the CB its Free in the locker room...Royal class ships you have to pay to use the Enclave. Im a Diabetic. . other than the MDR..no place to get Sugar Free ice cream with out paying. And nowhere can you get a simple Milk shake on the Royal/Regal ships. Watching a MUTS movie is nice on the CB. Not the same on the Royal.

Light things to be sure....But they matter. We each enjoy different aspects about cruising. You have to decide what is important to You.

Im sailing on the CB Sunday for the 14th time--Regal 3 times...Royal once...id pick the CB any day...it offers what i enjoy.

Happy Cruising

Edited by Blkspy15