Princess Cocktails

datone

My husband loves a cocktail that a friend of ours dreamt up. He explained how to make it to the dining room bartender (Ocean Princess) and the gentleman went out of his way to provide it, including coming up on his night off to mix one up for us. That's Princess service.

It has been 9 years since our only cruise on Princess, which we loved by the way on the Caribbean Princess. the year of it's debut. Since then exclusively Carnival. We are now going on the Emerald Princess in October of 2015 and are very excited. My wife and I love Martinis and the Alchemy Bar on Carnival was awesome for Martinis. Tell me about Princess and the best place for Martinis. Is it Crooners? Also, we really like piano bars, any info?

THANKS AND HAPPY CRUISING!!:)

It has been 9 years since our only cruise on Princess, which we loved by the way on the Caribbean Princess. the year of it's debut. Since then exclusively Carnival. We are now going on the Emerald Princess in October of 2015 and are very excited. My wife and I love Martinis and the Alchemy Bar on Carnival was awesome for Martinis. Tell me about Princess and the best place for Martinis. Is it Crooners? Also, we really like piano bars, any info?

THANKS AND HAPPY CRUISING!!:)

Crooner's has a very extensive martini menu (this copy is from the Royal, from a CC member's blog: http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2015/02/crooners-bar-menu-from-royal-princess.html). My fave is the London Lemonade because 1. Gin not Vodka, and 2. tart lemony flavour but not overly sweet. My close second fave is the Chairman of the Board, but it is wicked strong!

Crooner's is a piano bar, but it's not usually a sing-a-long kind of place. And the energy can vary, depending upon who is the performer. But it's a lovely venue, with big windows overlooking the promenade and the sea. Also try Adagio, which is a quiet bar up on Deck 16 aft, with restful living-room-like decor and generally a duo/trio performing. You can get the same martinis up there as you can in Crooner's.

Sante!

Earlier this year my daughter and I were on RCI. We went to the bar and didn't see a daiquiri on their very skimpy bar menu so we went up and asked. They said they don't make them expect when it is the "drink of the day". We even tried at another bar and got the same answer.

That was just one of the things that I asked about on RCI and was told no.

Easy to see why Princess is my first and favorite cruise line.

Helen

We were on Caribbean Princess in June/Juky we purchased the soda and more package to include mocktails. When we went to a bar for a drink first night before dinner the mocktail menu was greatly reduced compared to our cruise last September on Emerald. I asked drinks steward if they did others and mentioned a few others which we previously had on Emerald and he said no you can only order what was on the menu.

Crooner's has a very extensive martini menu (this copy is from the Royal, from a CC member's blog: http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2015/02/crooners-bar-menu-from-royal-princess.html). My fave is the London Lemonade because 1. Gin not Vodka, and 2. tart lemony flavour but not overly sweet. My close second fave is the Chairman of the Board, but it is wicked strong!

Crooner's is a piano bar, but it's not usually a sing-a-long kind of place. And the energy can vary, depending upon who is the performer. But it's a lovely venue, with big windows overlooking the promenade and the sea. Also try Adagio, which is a quiet bar up on Deck 16 aft, with restful living-room-like decor and generally a duo/trio performing. You can get the same martinis up there as you can in Crooner's.

Sante!

I would add a recommendation for the Breakfast at Tiffanys - the marmalade gives it a certain something.

I am so excited to try a bunch of these on our honeymoon! I usually shy away from ordering martinis because I'm not sure what I like, but now with the Sip and Sail promotion I'm not going to have to worry one bit about wasting any money. :)

My husband and I went on a year-long low-carb diet and was quite successful with it BUT it also put the kibosh on our love for a glass of wine with dinner and the occasional craft beer. We discovered that martinis are somewhat very low-carb (have to be on the dry side) and Crooners was where we found the largest menu selection for martini on the ship. You can also buy a deck (looks like a deck of cards) from the bartender with all the recipes they can make. Maybe about $7? We rarely drink them at home but trying a different one each evening is part of the fun. I think someone earlier mentioned "The Chairman of the Board." Oddly enough, it did become my favorite. Strong but you can sip on it for quite a while. :p

............"The Chairman of the Board." Oddly enough, it did become my favorite. Strong but you can sip on it for quite a while. :p

Indeed, the Chairman of the Board became a favorite after trying it the night it was a special in the Platinum/Elite lounge when we first qualified for the lounge. We weren't sure that we would like it, but, now we know. :cool:

BTW, if you want to make one:

1 part Grey Goose, 1 part Bombay Sapphire Gin and 1/2 part Cointreau.

Edited by ar1950

Indeed, the Chairman of the Board became a favorite after trying it the night it was a special in the Platinum/Elite lounge when we first qualified for the lounge. We weren't sure that we would like it, but, now we know. :cool:

BTW, if you want to make one:

1 part Grey Goose, 1 part Bombay Sapphire Gin and 1/2 part Cointreau.

That sounds like something I'd like. I just may have to go to Bev and More to pick up the ingredients. I have a bottle of Bombay handy as I like gin & tonics in the hot summers up here.

Sante!

Adagio has been my favorite on my other sailings...classy, quiet, comfy space! Our next sailing is on the Caribbean Princess....no Adagio! :(

Sante!

Yum! Thanks for sharing that menu....I have already picked out 4 different martinis I am going to try....I hope they have them on the Caribbean Princess!!

I am so excited to try a bunch of these on our honeymoon! I usually shy away from ordering martinis because I'm not sure what I like, but now with the Sip and Sail promotion I'm not going to have to worry one bit about wasting any money. :)

:D I was thinking the same thing!

My husband and I went on a year-long low-carb diet and was quite successful with it BUT it also put the kibosh on our love for a glass of wine with dinner and the occasional craft beer. We discovered that martinis are somewhat very low-carb (have to be on the dry side) and Crooners was where we found the largest menu selection for martini on the ship. You can also buy a deck (looks like a deck of cards) from the bartender with all the recipes they can make. Maybe about $7? We rarely drink them at home but trying a different one each evening is part of the fun. I think someone earlier mentioned "The Chairman of the Board." Oddly enough, it did become my favorite. Strong but you can sip on it for quite a while. :p

THANK YOU! I intended to get this for a friend when I cruise in November 2016. The current USD price will be converted to AUD and added to my Cruise Spending Spreadsheet!

Just checked the Golden Princess deck plans, and Crooners doesn't appear to be on the ship. I'll ask at Vines.

Just checked the Golden Princess deck plans, and Crooners doesn't appear to be on the ship. I'll ask at Vines.

On the Golden it is called the Promenade Lounge. Deck 7 near the atrium on the starboard side.