Explorer of the seas South Pacific

We set off from Sydney on 29th November towards Vila, Mystery Island and Noumea. We are on our third sea day, due to arrive at Vila tomorrow. Any questions folks?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your thoughts as we are doing this same cruise in March , our first time on Royal Carribean .

Are you able to let me know what time the shows are on, , trying to book times for dinner & that info would be handy .

Thanks

Looking forward to your thoughts as we are doing this same cruise in March , our first time on Royal Carribean .

Are you able to let me know what time the shows are on, , trying to book times for dinner & that info would be handy .

Thanks

The ship is great but a little understaffed here and there. The staff/crew are really good always cheerful. We haven't had a show every night sometimes it is just a movie in the Theatre. The live entertainment is not the best (flat notes, more like karaoke sometimes) Royal Caribbean singers and dancers not much better.

The ports are nice. Take your mask snorkel and sun block.

Regarding show times, they tend to be 7pm and 9pm

Hope this helps

I am just off Legend.

They were offering the 30% off Drinks Package, for Diamond Plus.

When I was on it two weeks prior to that, it was not offered.:eek:

Thanks for the info. Too bad it's so inconsistent.

We set off from Sydney on 29th November towards Vila, Mystery Island and Noumea. We are on our third sea day, due to arrive at Vila tomorrow. Any questions folks?

We were on the Explorer September 2016. The Maitre D told us they were considering putting traditional MDR dining on Deck 5 and MTD on deck 4 when they start the Australia itineraries . Did that happen?

Are they offering any drink package discounts for C&A members?

I did ask but they said they didn't think so. They checked the "Exclusive Onboard Savings" sheet for both Diamond and Diamond Plus and it wasn't on the list

I did ask but they said they didn't think so. They checked the "Exclusive Onboard Savings" sheet for both Diamond and Diamond Plus and it wasn't on the list

That could be the problem, those preprinted lists are probably out of date. Have a bartender print out the remaining coupons from a D or D+ guest. The discount might just show up on the real-time list. That's what happened to us on Brilliance recently.

The ship is great but a little understaffed here and there. The staff/crew are really good always cheerful. We haven't had a show every night sometimes it is just a movie in the Theatre. The live entertainment is not the best (flat notes, more like karaoke sometimes) Royal Caribbean singers and dancers not much better.

The ports are nice. Take your mask snorkel and sun block.

Regarding show times, they tend to be 7pm and 9pm

Hope this helps

Thanks so much ,

Already got the snorkel & mask ready !! Too bad we're both rubbish at snorkelling !!

Enjoy the cruise

I have two questions. Did you snorkel at Mystery Island, and if so, how was it? Did you just snorkel from shore or from a boat? Through the ship or on your own?

Second question is about the parade in the Promenade on the first night. We have never been on a ship as large as the Explorer and my understanding is that they have a big parade as part of the Sail Away festivities. Is that a "must do" or is it mostly for kids (that's what I heard somewhere).

Looking forward to our Jan. 13th Explorer cruise to the South Pacific!

I have two questions. Did you snorkel at Mystery Island, and if so, how was it? Did you just snorkel from shore or from a boat? Through the ship or on your own?

Second question is about the parade in the Promenade on the first night. We have never been on a ship as large as the Explorer and my understanding is that they have a big parade as part of the Sail Away festivities. Is that a "must do" or is it mostly for kids (that's what I heard somewhere).

Looking forward to our Jan. 13th Explorer cruise to the South Pacific!

Yes I did snorkel at Mystery Island. It was warm with easy access direct from the beach. Not lots of fish but some and lots of sea cucumbers. The tender takes you to a little jetty and Royal Caribbean had a table set up with iced water (free).

We didn't do the sailaway parade I'm afraid so I can't advise you on that

I think it's a function of the revenue stream. So the offering would be dependent on sales. I think that's why the punch cards show up towards the end of the trip.

I can see the punch cards being a function of sales on the sailing, but it seems to me that discounts for beverage packages based on C&A level should be consistent. But what do I know.:rolleyes: