New Suite Online Brochure

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I noticed a new Azamara Suite brochure today. Thought it might be of interest to our Azamara community : http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/7c413823#/7c413823/1

I believe that Azamara recently updated their Suite page on the website. Here's the link : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/suites

Hope this is helpful !

Thank you Andy. .I see it for the big suites and not the Cc suites.. I think they are going a little to modern . miss the night stands with drawers..i like to pit things away but my meds and i really do not see drawers in any cabin price. but the carpet better than what i see in other cabins. still waiting to hear more.

Thank you Andy. .I see it for the big suites and not the Cc suites.. I think they are going a little to modern . miss the night stands with drawers..i like to pit things away but my meds and i really do not see drawers in any cabin price. but the carpet better than what i see in other cabins. still waiting to hear more.

Good observation on the Club Contient Suites Robin. It would have been great if they added a page featuring the Club Continent Suites. As it's a digital version, perhaps it can be added. However, if you scroll down on the Azamara webpage link, there is a photo and information on the Club Continent Suites, and the Spa Suites too !

Everyone's tastes will differ, but I really like what I see in the photos. The only thing I'm not loving is the carpet in the CC Suites. With that said, it's entirely possible that it will look better in person, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

Good observation on the Club Contient Suites Robin. It would have been great if they added a page featuring the Club Continent Suites. As it's a digital version, perhaps it can be added. However, if you scroll down on the Azamara webpage link, there is a photo and information on the Club Continent Suites, and the Spa Suites too !

Everyone's tastes will differ, but I really like what I see in the photos. The only thing I'm not loving is the carpet in the CC Suites. With that said, it's entirely possible that it will look better in person, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

On iPad and the pictures are not showing ..only words. But I hate the carpet and it seems like less drawer space. Also no one will tell the truth about the bath tub. I would go for a spa suite but I have learned in rough seas that space does not work. Plus it is by a crew door.

Here is a better photo showing the CC nightstand which seems to have a drawer and shelf underneath.

image_zpskb10xwkt.jpeg

Phil

Having seen the stands "in the flesh" so to speak, they are more than adequate for our needs. The drawer seemed deeper. Now we may have to change where some things live in the room. That's because we are so familiar with the layout when we start unpacking we can sometimes go onto autopilot. I don't see it as a bad thing at all having to change our routine as that's inevitable to get the other changes we all want.

I'm not discounting the spa suites, no one really yet knows in the revamped ship what the movement might be up there and of course an advantage in addition to their layout and perks is you lose the risk of noise above.

As regards the tubs, it's already been said they are keeping them in some rooms and I expect the new brochure for 2018 will be based on the revised plans and they will wait until that info is known before releasing the schedule for booking. So for 2018 you have no problem- And in the meantime one that plan is released some may want to switch around rooms for existing bookings - no big deal

Edited by uktog

Here is a better photo showing the CC nightstand which seems to have a drawer and shelf underneath.

image_zpskb10xwkt.jpeg

Phil

Unless they put a knob of some sort on that drawer, it is very difficult to open with nothing to grab onto. Been there, done that, in the demo room.

Thank you so much for the links! But seeing those photos again just makes me continue to scratch my head. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new aesthetic but a suite without a sofa/love seat or table that can accommodate in-room dining? We, along with many others we know, love to have breakfast delivered each morning. We also occasionally enjoy room service for a lunch or dinner while relaxing in our room watching a movie or spending some quiet time together. It appears that unless we eat on the balcony that won't be possible. And "the chair"! Here's a link to just one of many discussions from the Crystal board regarding the replacement of a loveseat with "the chair". The feedback was so negative that on the following refit Crystal put back the loveseat.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=648804

Below is a photo of the same cabin on Oceania's R-Class ships. The functionality is far better so I know it's possible to include the features everyone seems to be looking for. I thought I had seen comments that based on the feedback from guests and Cruise Critic members the room designs were being looked again with possible revisions (loveseats, tubs, vanity mirrors over desks etc...) but the same photos keep appearing on Azamara's website. Maybe they're working on revisions but until those are finalized these are the only photos available to show? Hopefully so.

1511289540_OceaniaSuite.jpg.66af20bcd440b3fc36652f2178989c2e.jpg

Thank you so much for the links! But seeing those photos again just makes me continue to scratch my head. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new aesthetic but a suite without a sofa/love seat or table that can accommodate in-room dining? We, along with many others we know, love to have breakfast delivered each morning. We also occasionally enjoy room service for a lunch or dinner while relaxing in our room watching a movie or spending some quiet time together. It appears that unless we eat on the balcony that won't be possible. And "the chair"! Here's a link to just one of many discussions from the Crystal board regarding the replacement of a loveseat with "the chair". The feedback was so negative that on the following refit Crystal put back the loveseat.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=648804

Below is a photo of the same cabin on Oceania's R-Class ships. The functionality is far better so I know it's possible to include the features everyone seems to be looking for. I thought I had seen comments that based on the feedback from guests and Cruise Critic members the room designs were being looked again with possible revisions (loveseats, tubs, vanity mirrors over desks etc...) but the same photos keep appearing on Azamara's website. Maybe they're working on revisions but until those are finalized these are the only photos available to show? Hopefully so.

Azamara keeps showing that picture because that's how the proposed CC suite was put together and photographed on Quest in July. It has been booked on every cruise since so it would be difficult to make changes to carpet, etc., while passengers are staying in the room.

We have not heard anything from Azamara about changes that will be incorporated into any of the staterooms based on feedback from those who have seen the new suite and those who have stayed in it. Given that feedback on the proposed change to Sunset Bar seemed to have been listened to, it is possible that some changes will be made to the final CC suite configuration during the actual drydock. I believe I've read somewhere that a mirror will be placed over the desk. Other changes are possible and even likely.

Have also noticed that the deck description page on the website now allows you to change the date to see the configuration for those dates but, is strange that a blank deck plan shows for anything beyond the refit and even more strange, at least for Quest is that there are three different series of dates beyond the April refit.

Makes me think they have updated the website for when they actuall provide the new deck plans but, is worrisome that it appears there will be at least 2 more changes make that one as the Periods from May 1 - Sept 9 then Sept 23 - Sept 23 and finally Sept 24 - Dec 23, 2017.

As we will be aboard in August 2016, appears either work will not be completed until Sept 24 or more changes are coming in Sept??? And why a deck plan strictly for 1 day, Sept 23???

Perhaps Bonnie will research this and provide a response as there have been no reports of changes again in Sept and why the one day deck plan.

Just looked a Journey Deck Plans and they only have before and after the January refit so not the same as Quest but, similar to Quest, no deck plans for after refit.

Hoping the Quest dates are in error but, Bonnie, please ask the question and provide the reasons for the strange dates on Quest.

Thanks,

Azamara keeps showing that picture because that's how the proposed CC suite was put together and photographed on Quest in July. It has been booked on every cruise since so it would be difficult to make changes to carpet, etc., while passengers are staying in the room.

We have not heard anything from Azamara about changes that will be incorporated into any of the staterooms based on feedback from those who have seen the new suite and those who have stayed in it. Given that feedback on the proposed change to Sunset Bar seemed to have been listened to, it is possible that some changes will be made to the final CC suite configuration during the actual drydock. I believe I've read somewhere that a mirror will be placed over the desk. Other changes are possible and even likely.

Oops, meant renderings not photos :-)

Have also noticed that the deck description page on the website now allows you to change the date to see the configuration for those dates but, is strange that a blank deck plan shows for anything beyond the refit and even more strange, at least for Quest is that there are three different series of dates beyond the April refit.

Makes me think they have updated the website for when they actuall provide the new deck plans but, is worrisome that it appears there will be at least 2 more changes make that one as the Periods from May 1 - Sept 9 then Sept 23 - Sept 23 and finally Sept 24 - Dec 23, 2017.

As we will be aboard in August 2016, appears either work will not be completed until Sept 24 or more changes are coming in Sept??? And why a deck plan strictly for 1 day, Sept 23???

The different date ranges starting September 2016 may be due to an intent to shift borders between different categories within the same stateroom type, e.g. between V2 and V3 or N1 and N2, at those future dates. But then, you'd think Journey would have the same set of dates on its deck plan page.

I would doubt those far out dates reflect additional refitting within staterooms that long after drydock, just a rearrangement of which verandas are V2 and which are V3 for planning future bookings (probably to increase the number of more expensive categories within a stateroom type).

Edited by marinaro44

The different date ranges starting September 2016 may be due to an intent to shift borders between different categories within the same stateroom type, e.g. between V2 and V3 or N1 and N2, at those future dates. But then, you'd think Journey would have the same set of dates on its deck plan page.

I would doubt those far out dates reflect additional refitting within staterooms that long after drydock, just a rearrangement of which verandas are V2 and which are V3 for planning future bookings (probably to increase the number of more expensive categories within a stateroom type).

While you might be correct, those dates are not far out, only about 4 months after the refit and one of them for exactly 1 (one) day. Would think as you said, Journey and Quest would be the same with the only differences Journey changing earlier due to the earlier refit. Also, why not make the category changes along with the refit?? I'm still thinking and hoping these extra dates are glitches on the website.

Really we can hypothesize all we want, the answer has to come from Azamara thru Bonnie.

Also, why not make the category changes along with the refit??
Think I figured it all out. September 23, 2016, is Quest's 30+ day charter to an Australian agency sailing from Montreal to New Orleans. The stateroom config will change after drydock until that charter, then revert back to the pre-drydock configuration as the charter is essentially sold as is to that agency, and then, after the charter, the configuration goes back to the pre-charter configuration (1 May-9 Sep 2016). Staterooms aren't being changed physically, just being recategorized V1, V2, etc. Hope this makes sense. Edited by marinaro44

Having seen the stands "in the flesh" so to speak, they are more than adequate for our needs. The drawer seemed deeper. Now we may have to change where some things live in the room. That's because we are so familiar with the layout when we start unpacking we can sometimes go onto autopilot. I don't see it as a bad thing at all having to change our routine as that's inevitable to get the other changes we all want.

I do this too. i walk in and know where i want to store everything from shoes to the daily meds. . As you know i do more than one cruise and put extra bathroom products under he sink in the cabinet -that does not seem to be there on the drawing. i can leave things in my suitcase but i still feel we are missing drawer space.

I'm not discounting the spa suites, no one really yet knows in the revamped ship what the movement might be up there and of course an advantage in addition to their layout and perks is you lose the risk of noise above.

Ann. I have been in the computer room late night and you hear music from above. i am sure this will be fixed but not sure how you sound proof the ceiling but it must get done. for me they be great in the med but not the North Sea. i love the idea of the cabin bit not sure if right for me.. But might try it yet. more concern with the crew door. yes, ican hear it when i computer

As regards the tubs, it's already been said they are keeping them in some rooms and I expect the new brochure for 2018 will be based on the revised plans and they will wait until that info is known before releasing the schedule for booking. So for 2018 you have no problem- And in the meantime one that plan is released some may want to switch around rooms for existing bookings - no big deal

Not a question of a big deal it is a question if the person or persons want to move from their cabin to a shower vs a tub. i have switch cabins on a B2B and very easy. But i have refused a big suite as it was on deck 8 vs 7. But just might start looking at them again

Lastly i have seen that picture of the oceania suite- thought they moved walls and made all of deck 8 suites. looks larger to me.. i do agree i do not see a way to curl up and read- i do on sofa at home and ship. .not sure of table and hate the carpet.. makes me sick to be honest. i believe oceania went more traditonal vs modern and i know I am more traditional in my taste.

Is that Oceania cabin the same square footage as the CC Suites? What an amazing difference!

In the CC suite, there is no way for a couple to sit and have a leisurely ANYTHING (breakfast, lunch, tea) in comfort. Someone who has seen that tiny little table has stated that no way will it hold room service for any type meal. CC suites let you have room service full meals, then they will take that away by not giving you the space to serve it? And then there is The Chair.

Edited by Pam
spelling

Is that Oceania cabin the same square footage as the CC Suites? What an amazing difference!

In the CC suite, there is no way for a couple to sit and have a leisurely ANYTHING (breakfast, lunch, tea) in comfort. Someone who has seen that tiny little table has stated that no way will it hold room service for any type meal. CC suites let you have room service full meals, then they will take that away by not giving you the space to serve it? And then there is The Chair.

i thought they moved walls as the whole of deck 8 is suites. princess also dud wih the R ships as i slept in one. as far as eating in cabin.. i will find a way as i eat many light dinners in there and bring food back from buffet at times for lunch or dinner. somewhere they will find us a bigger table.

Robin, I want to be able to do the same thing, plus maybe bring a friend in for dinner and a girl chat, or possibly brunch.

well my balcony one could work. i loved my old table and sofa as i put my legs up a lot and read there.. I am sure there will be an old table somewhere but where to get a sofa??? do i upgrade or what?? if have company for drinks i always use balcony. but eating 50/50

Hi Bonnie,

There were some questions for you on the "New Suite Online Brochure" thread over the weekend that it appears you accidently missed as it has significantly dropped down the thread listing.

I am most interested in the strange Quest Deck options for three different options after the April refit including one of exactly one day. The Journey only has one listing after it's upcoming refit. Several possibilities were discussed but, very strange to see so many different deck layouts for one ship and only one for the other. Also, none of the future dates show the deck layouts. Assuming that the planning must be complete or very close so when can we expect to see the post refit layouts??

Thanks,

Hi Bonnie,

There were some questions for you on the "New Suite Online Brochure" thread over the weekend that it appears you accidently missed as it has significantly dropped down the thread listing.

I am most interested in the strange Quest Deck options for three different options after the April refit including one of exactly one day. The Journey only has one listing after it's upcoming refit. Several possibilities were discussed but, very strange to see so many different deck layouts for one ship and only one for the other. Also, none of the future dates show the deck layouts. Assuming that the planning must be complete or very close so when can we expect to see the post refit layouts??

Thanks,

I already gave an answer to this on the thread you referenced.

The dates after the April refit reflect the new stateroom layouts. The one September 2016 cruise (it's not "one day," it's one cruise) must go back to the original configuration as that is the charter being sold by an Australian travel agent using the original stateroom configuration. The dates after that charter will reflect again the after-refit configuration.

This is why Journey does not have multiple deck plans for different date ranges. Quest has to have the three post-refit deck plan date ranges because that is how the charter is being sold.

Edited by marinaro44

I'm confused by references to a "different" thread with the same title as this thread that I'm now reading. But I'm even more confused by the Deck Plans on the Azamara web site for Quest:

10/8/2015-4/15/2016 -- shows the good old Quest

5/1/2016-9/9/2016 -- blank

9/23/2016-9/23/2016 -- [sure looks like 1 day to me!]

9/24/2016-12/23/2017 -- blank

Full Disclosure: since I'm sailing on 8/11/2016, I sure hope Deck 7 has the cabin I booked and not a vast empty space! ;)