The "little things" are adding up.

Sorry, I'm new at posting topics. What I am trying to say the perks Suite people get are disappearing. They are small thing that most people wouldn't notice but they add

up to a big downgrade in service for folks paying the most for their cabins. No pillow menus, no DVD player, no tray of chocolates, no cream for the coffee in the CK, no Thermal Spa even though it was advertised,Etc. Lots of little things things that enhance the cruise experience and that we are used to getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In GS on Serenade and off last week. There is a PS3 that should play DVD's in each suite. We had fruit plates, chocolate covered strawberries, and nice chocolate and cake plate. The fudge was awesome. We had two bottles of wine delivered during the cruise, and a bottle of champagne.

Nothing on our pillows but we had the most awesome demonstration of creativity with towels and stuff we left in the room.

Edited by troykahack

Ooooh. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I did not know what a pillow menu was. Really it's for - pillows? [emoji58] why did I think it meant an exotic menu upon your pillow listing delicious night time treats [emoji485][emoji897] now I know what it is I really don't need or want a pillow menu... my imagination was a lot better

I thought the same thing too lol learn something new everyday on these boards :)

A few little things about our recent sailing on Adventure that I hadn't seen before during embarkation.

- a clown and a juggler entertaining people waiting in line.

- two vendors selling water and ice cream

- free welcome aboard drinks as we entered the ship.

As a side note, we stayed in the RFS. There was a clothesline. The waiter had a pepper grinder.I did not see bananas by the ketchup nor did I see butterfish on the menu. :cool:

You need to go back and read the OP's post, apparently you missed most of it!.....K.O....

Maybe you need to go back and read several of the OPs post on this thread and also pay attention to who I was quoting. Read a few of the others while you are at it and you will then (maybe) understand what I am talking about. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At least there still are some pepper grinders somewhere. :)

But is there any pepper in them? :D :D

Edited by ReneeFLL

as my teenager would say:

#firstworldproblems

on a serious note though, if you dont have a laundry string in your cabin, why not send your laundry out for cleaning? Isn't that what suite life is all about? LOL...

signed,

perfectly happy with my free laundry benefits on Celebrity and Princess :-)

hey, they do my laundry for free even if I book in steerage inside cabin!

It's ironic that OP's complaints come in a year when it appears that RCCL has actually made the decision to ENHANCE the suite experience, beginning with the Oasis and Anthem class ships. I have said for years that even though RCCL is my favorite cruise line for a host of reasons, other lines, like Celebrity and especially NCL are much better at making the "suite life" a really special experience. Now with the advent of the Royal Class suite enhancements, including the addition of Coastal Kitchen, and, for star class, complimentary tips, drink packages and pay restaurants, IMHO RCCL has really stepped up its game.

And btw, even before those enhancements, I always thought I was paying more mainly for the cabin itself -- especially in the Crown Loft, Aqua Theater and Royal Loft suites, which is what you need to be talking about if you're saying you spent 10x more than a non-suite cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like the thank the OP for generating such an entertaining thread :D When I first read the OP's post, I thought to myself " you privileged little *****".... Glad most of you felt the same way, although I can't seem to understand the comments of some defending the OP?

I think if the OP had of come out and said something along the lines of:

"Has anyone staying in a JS or above noticed the diminishing amenities on RCCL? I recently cruised and stayed in a yada yada yada suite and noticed that the amenities such as yada yada yada are no longer being offered? I would love to hear from others who are experiencing or have experienced the same."

I think something like this would have produced a whole different kind of thread. Unfortunately, the OP decided to remain in their ivory tower and talk down to the masses as if they were above the rest. They acted as if there is a class system on these ships, and they were first class all the way. News flash, this isn't the Titanic and there isn't a Class/Tier system.

If we meet at the pool bar, I will buy you a drink. In that moment, I don't know what stateroom/Suite you came from and you don't know mine. All I know is that we are on the same ship, at the same bar, having the same drink, enjoying the same sun, and having the same good time.

The cruise is what you make of it and I cannot relate to the OP's grievances with the missing amenities listed, to me they are not worth posting about. But then again, I am a guy who is happy as long as I have a drink in my hand, flip flops on my feet and family by my side :)