The "little things" are adding up.

I think she means a menu OF pillows, not on the pillow. Sort of like the Princess and the Pea. If she couldn't get her lavender-infused-memory foam-over-buckwheat pillow, she wouldn't sleep well. Who could sleep anyway what with stressing over the clothesline? And what's a CK, anyway? First-world problems, indeed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha ha that is funny! And we have bathtubs, not showers. Stick to what you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have tubs and if you're paying ten times more than me for your tub you deserve it. Speaking of sticking, that TA of yours is sticking it to you. For ten times more they should be sending you a tray of chocolates every day!

I am a newbie but I know the worth of stuff, and I just cannot understand the massive amounts of money the 'little extras' cost; I'm not saying I don't want nice things, I booked a lovely room with a balcony, but when I read the stuff you get in the 'upgrades' I didn't think the math worked at all. I can put my own chocolates on my pillows. Which I'd never do. Stuff like spa treatments are really not at all worth it in the ship (imho), when you can attend a great big gorgeous one on shore! [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108] I guess it's the same as anywhere, like how boutique hotels charge like a bull for their spas or room service .

Ooooh. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I did not know what a pillow menu was. Really it's for - pillows? [emoji58] why did I think it meant an exotic menu upon your pillow listing delicious night time treats [emoji485][emoji897] now I know what it is I really don't need or want a pillow menu... my imagination was a lot better

I have tubs and if you're paying ten times more than me for your tub you deserve it. Speaking of sticking, that TA of yours is sticking it to you. For ten times more they should be sending you a tray of chocolates every day!

For ten times more they should be sending her chocolates in Jesus's shoe!

Flame me if you want, I don't care. When we pay 10 times more than you do we expect better service. I could list a dozen more little things that are gone. They even took out the clothes line over the tub. Time to look at other lines. I'm on Harmony right now and I'm not getting what I paid for.

No one is flaming you.

Clearly you should probably look at Silver Sea or Crystal for your next cruise so you will get these things you are missing.

It's too bad that you're not returning to the Grandeur in February. :(

I know :(. I'd love to sail on her again when she isn't overrun with kids, but I just can't do February do to work schedules.

We may have to postpone our Baja cruise as it is :(

Hopefully we can catch up on Lady G eventually!

None of the Oasis class ships have the clothesline in the shower. It's not a 'suite thing'.

Clearly, if you feel that you are not getting your money's worth, you should eschew the experience.

Our JS room in Oasis had a clothesline in the shower. I sailed a month ago.

We are on the Harmony right now too (although in a ocean balcony room), and I can see where the OP is coming from. Most of us paid more for our cabins on this ship vs the same class cabin on other lines such as Princess, NCL, and Carnival and I personally don't know it that extra cost is justified considering all the "little things" that are extra or not included here.

On Princess, they still put chocolate on the pillows every night for every cabin, popcorn at the evening movies is free (it is now $2.50 here for the evening shows in the aqua theatre), you are able to make reservations for the speciality restaurants easily while almost every speciality restaurant was fully booked for the whole cruise by the end of the first day on this cruise. The price of the specialty restaurants are also less expensive on the other lines. We went to Izuami last nite for dinner and it was $45 per person for the hibachi experience, which is about what we would pay for Benihana's on land, and more than what NCL charges for their hibachi experience. There are a lot more examples I could list (Like DVD players in Princess suites with a library of movies to watch), but I am just saying I would think Royal could add more little extras for suites with very little cost to them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Flame me if you want, I don't care. When we pay 10 times more than you do we expect better service. I could list a dozen more little things that are gone. They even took out the clothes line over the tub. Time to look at other lines. I'm on Harmony right now and I'm not getting what I paid for.

No surprise here.....:cool:

The Serenade had a clothes line several months ago in the shower. A trick I learned on cruise critic is to blot clothes with a towel and handgon hanger at the end of the closet near the vent and they dry quickly - better than in shower.

Sorry, I'm new at posting topics. What I am trying to say the perks Suite people get are disappearing. They are small thing that most people wouldn't notice but they add

up to a big downgrade in service for folks paying the most for their cabins. No pillow menus, no DVD player, no tray of chocolates, no cream for the coffee in the CK, no Thermal Spa even though it was advertised,Etc. Lots of little things things that enhance the cruise experience and that we are used to getting.

Interesting, we were on the Allure in October in a GS. We had a pillow menu, DW got cream in the CK and they gave her honey because she doesn't use regular sugar. We had a fruit tray or chocolates or canapes in our room 5 of the 7 days. Maybe is has more to do with your cabin stewart and concierge. We also didn't pay anywhere near 10X what others pay.

Interesting, we were on the Allure in October in a GS. We had a pillow menu, DW got cream in the CK and they gave her honey because she doesn't use regular sugar. We had a fruit tray or chocolates or canapes in our room 5 of the 7 days. Maybe is has more to do with your cabin stewart and concierge. We also didn't pay anywhere near 10X what others pay.

Pretty sure you need to go all the way to Star class to see the rates 10X higher.

Nov 5, 2017 Allure PP pricing not including taxes

Inside $709

Owners Loft $7,567

We have booked nothing but balcony cabins for several years. We've discovered that we use the balcony less and less, therefore, when we decided to book a cruise for December, we booked a cheap rate we found for an inside cabin.We stayed in an inside cabin years and years ago and said we would never try it again,but we needed a short getaway and this was a bargain we couldn't pass up. If I add up the things that I would get from a suite, it just doesn't make sense FOR ME...not saying that everyone agrees. That's why they offer choices. The food in the MDR is just fine and if I'm going to pay $45 pp for dinner, it will be at a land based restaurant while out during the day at a fabulous place. On the ship, I'll be in the MDR. If I had 10X the money for a cabin, I would be sending my things to the ship's regular laundry to have them washed or dry cleaned. If it's a swimsuit or delicate undies, they can hand on the back of a balcony chair. I couldn't care less about having a bathtub, but it's a big deal for a lot of people. I always ask for an extra pillow. Our TA always sends a surprise treat to our cabin. Royal sends a small surprise treat and we appreciate both, but they aren't deal breakers. We are Diamond and can have breakfast in a private room on many of the ships, but we've never chosen to do this since we always have friends along that wouldn't be able to go with us. We seldom even use the Diamond lounge for the same reason, so we appreciate having the 3 drinks loaded onto our Seapass card, but if you have the drink package, you don't even need the lounge or the 3 free drinks. It's a little like purchasing these things "cafeteria"style. For some, it's a deal breaker and for others it's not even an after thought. I don't fault the OP for missing these things because he booked the suite with the impression that he would have extras that have been discontinued. If I purchase something expecting more than I get, I'm probably going to be disappointed, so it's understandable to me.