The "little things" are adding up.

I am intrigued by this pillow menu thing... what is the lowest level of suite you need to be, in order to request a pillow menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And more importantly, do you tip for pillow delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flame me if you want, I don't care. When we pay 10 times more than you do we expect better service. I could list a dozen more little things that are gone. They even took out the clothes line over the tub. Time to look at other lines. I'm on Harmony right now and I'm not getting what I paid for.

I would rather have ten sub par cruise then one super sup par cruise

I did lol at the confusion over pillow menus! :p I love these when I stay at land resorts as it's just another wonderful luxury perk! Who doesn't like perks?

I will say this. When I purchase a vacation with my hard earned money I expect exactly what is advertised. Exactly. If I am to get a Jacuzzi on my balcony and a pillow menu it had better be there or I will call to the highest person I can find to be compensated. I work hard for my money. I have a very physical job and when I vacation I like to pamper myself. I spend the money I have on the packages I want. If I spend the money and the product is not delivered I'll make sure it is or I get compensated. I'm in the service industry and my clients get 110% every time.

It baffles me when people laugh at posts where people aren't getting the things they paid for. Do they smile like idiots at the gas station if they get charged for $20 and get $15? Do they nod their heads like a lemming when the grocery store overcharges for the items they actually purchased? Why is a vacation any different? I stayed at The Hyatt Ziva in Jamaica. They advertised certain things in our room that we paid for. Those things were not there. I made sure to go to the desk and get compensated nicely. I'm not stupid and my money is important to me. I'm not going to pay for things not delivered. It's just not smart imo.

Where is the like button on this forum, less typing

I forgot to list no fresh squeezed OJ anymore, you have to pay for room service food now and they charging $25pp for the luggage valet but they will take that change off at CS if you stand in line for 45 minutes or so.

Are you sure you are sailing on RCI?

We sailed on Oasis a month ago and we paid no room service (ordered it about a dozen times)and we got fresh squeezed OJ everyday.

And had a clothesline.

On the flip side, we had a moldy shower curtain and the bathroom smelled like sewage (even before we entered.)

Meh. I am still sailing two more times with RCL

Edited by rajju077

IF you have a history of neck injuries, that pillow menu can make a huge difference.

My opinion on the lack of a clothes line is that the cruise company wants you to pay extra for laundry service.

If there is a hx of neck injuries, bring your own pillow. Its the best thing to do.

No need to rely on third parties when it comes to your health.

...We sailed on Oasis a month ago and we paid no room service...

Per RCI.. Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies). *Service charge subject to change without notice.

I believe the service charge is added between Midnight and 5:AM. Possibly the OP ordered Room Service during that time frame and forgot (?) to conveniently specify the time and wanted to complain about the charge.

...We sailed on Oasis a month ago and we paid no room service...

Per RCI.. Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies). *Service charge subject to change without notice.

I believe the service charge is added between Midnight and 5:AM. Possibly the OP ordered Room Service during that time frame and forgot (?) to conveniently specify the time and wanted to complain about the charge.

Yes anything after midnight incurs a charge. I would assume people read the menus/compass to understand that certain services incur additional charges during certain times.

I was assuming OP ordered room service before midnight.

Harmony is a huge rip-off and I'm not a happy camper.

If that was true for the majority of the cruisers, the prices would reflect that - that does not seem to be the case. Yes, for you it may seem so, but to the great majority, it is not.

Yes anything after midnight incurs a charge. I would assume people read the menus/compass to understand that certain services incur additional charges during certain times.

I was assuming OP ordered room service before midnight.

FYI, on Quantum class ships as well as Harmony room service is different. Most items now incur a charge regardless of time of day.

To the OP, I suggest going back to other ships, a lot of your complaints are changes they have made on the new high class ships, supposedly for us [emoji6], such as the room service charge.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Only regarding laundry lines in the shower...

I really find these valuable!

Not so much because I am doing laundry in my cabin (I am NOT!)

But to dry swimsuits!

On our last cruise on the Disney Fantasy we had two connecting cabins- 3 adults 3 children 6 and under. Each bathroom had TWO laundry lines per shower which really impressed me- not a lot of extra cash layout, very customer friendly! It wasn't (at least in our room) taking away from money spent on laundry but simply allowed us to dry all of those suits and trunks for six people who went swimming two or three times a day.

Just spent 5 days in GS on Indy and must admit that even though we love the ship --all the little things and some of the big have disapeared from Royal suites (unless you are on Oasis class ship it seems)-- we will vote with our wallet and move on as it seems the Mass part of mass market has taken over Royal thought process-- very little of anything was bad just alot of OK and that wont fly for people spending the dollars needed for a suite.

We will be staying in our first GS on the Indy this Feb. Care to tell me a few of your opinions? Is the CL still on the same deck? Was the CL crowded? Did they offer any good appetizers? How about the Happy Hour?

But to dry swimsuits!

On our last cruise on the Disney Fantasy we had two connecting cabins- 3 adults 3 children 6 and under. Each bathroom had TWO laundry lines per shower which really impressed me- not a lot of extra cash layout, very customer friendly! It wasn't (at least in our room) taking away from money spent on laundry but simply allowed us to dry all of those suits and trunks for six people who went swimming two or three times a day.

The hooks on the bathroom door also work

FYI, on Quantum class ships as well as Harmony room service is different. Most items now incur a charge regardless of time of day.

To the OP, I suggest going back to other ships, a lot of your complaints are changes they have made on the new high class ships, supposedly for us [emoji6], such as the room service charge.

As you must have noticed I based my post on RCI website under the FAQ section. I realize RCIs website at best sometimes is not up to date. IF what you're saying is correct than that's good to know.

Edited by davekathy

I feel for the OP because unlike a majority of you, you'll never been her shoes. Just because some of us make more than others doesn't mean that the value monetary or not is any more any less. I could've easily dropped another 2 or 3K into the trip but reading what I've read I knew to approach Harmony cautiously and think I made a good move. But not everyone does and I feel for the OP, nothing like dropping 5K into a private island in the Caribbean for 8 days and the sun doesn't come out once. We got everything we paid for but the extra wasn't there. Granted controlling the sun and little extras on a boat are different but the point is the same it sucks.

I could've had a rear-aft facing balcony (which is my favorite kind of balcony) on the new NCL Escape with free booze, free internet and free specialty dining for 25% less than what I got on the Harmony and that was just a neighborhood room (WITHOUT ALL THE FREE STUFF) although I did get loaded up from my TA but that would've happened regardless of cruise line. Te neighborhood balcony is far less desirable to me than an rear aft. Aft facing are like looking out into the heavens..

But as many have pointed out the Harmony itself is the attraction not necessarily the cruise (as the Escape would be more about the cruise IMO) and with it being the biggest and "suppose" to the best we decided to give it a try and am looking really forward to it!

The extra charges I'm not gonna complain about them I get it it's a business, the same ones laughing at the OP are the same ones who were crying about the $5 fee for that escape room whatever it is. I'm not complaining about the missing extras but what is worth complaining about is that more needs to be included in the original sale (like the drinks or the specialty dining) The eat drink and play is a marketing gimmick and nothing more. Free hamburgers whop di do do it's not like i was gonna say no to a $8 upcharge on a $2,300 cruise. Same with the $5 escape room.

The OP gets no pity from me for two reasons.

1. The arrogance is incredible. He/She has no idea what I pay, you pay, or anyone pays for their cruise vacation(s). To state he/she pays 10x's more than others is crapola.

2. If the OP dropped $30K on a vacation without doing the research he/she deserve what they get.

A fool and their money soon depart.

The Serenade had a clothes line several months ago in the shower. A trick I learned on cruise critic is to blot clothes with a towel and handgon hanger at the end of the closet near the vent and they dry quickly - better than in shower.

I bring three strong magnet hooks to attach to the ceiling and three plastic hangers

to hang clothes after they have been drip dried. Worked for me on a B2B

Radiance. All ships have metal ceilings and walls.

But to dry swimsuits!

We just cruised Disney Wonder, and were blown away! We've always liked how Royal Caribbean organizes their rooms, with all the storage, and Disney was just as good. Also, Disney Wonder had a lot of outlets, even some USB outlets. This ship was built in 1999 before tablets and readers became so common. We were on a four night cruise, so were not worried about doing our laundry, ,so we didn't bother looking for clothes lines. They even had washing machines!

I forgot to list no fresh squeezed OJ anymore, you have to pay for room service food now and they charging $25pp for the luggage valet but they will take that change off at CS if you stand in line for 45 minutes or so.

Star Class gets free premium drink package which includes fresh squeezed OJ. Assuming you're paying 10x more than me, thats the class you'd have to be in.

Star Class gets free premium drink package which includes fresh squeezed OJ. Assuming you're paying 10x more than me, thats the class you'd have to be in.

I am with you. I will happily give up the free OJ, the shower/tub string, the

choice of pillows....all the minor little things, letting me cruise ten cruises for the

price of the one 10X. ;) :D

As you must have noticed I based my post on RCI website under the FAQ section. I realize RCIs website at best sometimes is not up to date. IF what you're saying is correct than that's good to know.

No IF, i have personally seen it myself on Quantum and Anthem and it has been discussed a great deal on many threads Harmony is the same.

Suites on Royal Caribbean are big beautifully furnished rooms but the perks are not really up to the competition unless you are paying for Star Class (which the OP should have had if she really paid 10x more than other cruisers). However, a large part of the extra money you pay for a suite on RCCL is for the room itself. If perks are more important that the room, one should book a Sky Suite on Celebrity and pay only about twice as much as the average cruiser. Better yet, for about the same price, book the Yacht Club on MSC. Then your "suite" may be only a little bit bigger than the average balcony stateroom but the perks will be the best. The Yacht Club is like a Silversea ship packed inside a mainstream megaship.