Will Symphony be back in Europe in 2019?

I'm trying to book 4 cabins for September 2018 out of Rome, and there are very few left.

And, of course, the prices are very high.

Was wondering where Symphony will be based permanently.

Any chance it will be back in Europe for the summer of 2019? I'd stand a better chance of finding connecting cabins.

It would most likely not be Symphony. Oasis class ships will most likely be seasonally home ported in Barcelona when for maiden seasons and then when they return to Europe for dry dock.

Oasis 5 would most likely fill the 2021 season and dry dock plans are not definite for 2019 or 2020 at the moment.

While it would not be expected for RCI to put a ship built for the Chinese market at Barcelona for a mini-Season they do have a Quantum Class release in spring of 2019.

I'm trying to book 4 cabins for September 2018 out of Rome, and there are very few left.

And, of course, the prices are very high.

Was wondering where Symphony will be based permanently.

Any chance it will be back in Europe for the summer of 2019? I'd stand a better chance of finding connecting cabins.

Hi Dani, we were on Oasis in Feb and love this class. We are looking at Symphony next May for a B2B but we couldn't go with the current prices unless a drinks package was thrown in or prices dropped. Currently we could fly to Florida and cruise on Oasis again for less than the very short flight to Barcelona to join Symphony.

Alas, it does seem she will be based out of Miami and Europe will be left with the occasional pre/post dry dock visitation from Oasis Class ships.

Hope you are well. Seems a very long time since our enjoyable Anthem cruise and the I-fly experience!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oasis certifications are due on October 28, 2019 at the latest. This would indicate a possible Cadiz dry dock at the end of a European season. Allure has the same due date one year later in 2020.

http://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/VesselRegister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=27091

http://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/VesselRegister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=28329

Doing it at the beginning of the season would work as it will not need to be as extensive as the most recent Oasis and Allure dry docks.

Another wildcard is that Quantum of the Seas could need to come to Europe in 2019 for re certification. They could do the re-cert in Singapore as well though.

Well fingers crossed! We loved our Harmony med cruise last year and will be looking for something similar in 2019. If it were just hubs and I we'd be flexible on ship class. However, bringing the teenager. Given the success of Harmony, would rather have an Oasis class option. Honestly after two cruises on Legend and Splendour we were completely blown away by Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder when they'll release Summer 2019, I am planning a European cruise that summer. Not too sure if I can justify cruising Oasis if it has similar prices to the Symphony (the 12 night Vision cruises were cheaper, and since I have never cruised on an Oasis class ship, it would be too much to cram into a week), but the Oasis may keep the Jewel from Rome (I wonder if that route is strong enough to stay through 2019, I love the Spanish and French Beaches cruise Royal has) and the longer Barcelona cruises cheaper. So, I am optimistic to see what happens with Royal's Summer 2019 deployment.

I wonder if Royal will ever bring back the 4 and 5 night cruises that Liberty had. I think those were some great options for people looking to add something to their European expedition, or people trying to fit a cruise and a Barcelona city stay within a week. Maybe a 9 and 5 night loop may be more successful that 5/5/4?

I wonder when they'll release Summer 2019, I am planning a European cruise that summer. Not too sure if I can justify cruising Oasis if it has similar prices to the Symphony (the 12 night Vision cruises were cheaper, and since I have never cruised on an Oasis class ship, it would be too much to cram into a week), but the Oasis may keep the Jewel from Rome (I wonder if that route is strong enough to stay through 2019, I love the Spanish and French Beaches cruise Royal has) and the longer Barcelona cruises cheaper. So, I am optimistic to see what happens with Royal's Summer 2019 deployment.

I wonder if Royal will ever bring back the 4 and 5 night cruises that Liberty had. I think those were some great options for people looking to add something to their European expedition, or people trying to fit a cruise and a Barcelona city stay within a week. Maybe a 9 and 5 night loop may be more successful that 5/5/4?

Summer 2019 will be released around March of 2018.