All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

• 2 weeks later...

Since a lot of you are Jewel experts, I have question about the suites. This is the only class of ship I have yet to be on, but I will be on her in January. I know it does not have Coastal kitchen for the grand suites and above, but does it have something else instead?

I will be turning to diamond status on this cruise. Do they ever do anything on this cruise or any other cruise if you do turn diamond status while on it? I do know technically you have to complete the cruise to move up to the next level.

Since a lot of you are Jewel experts, I have question about the suites. This is the only class of ship I have yet to be on, but I will be on her in January. I know it does not have Coastal kitchen for the grand suites and above, but does it have something else instead?

I will be turning to diamond status on this cruise. Do they ever do anything on this cruise or any other cruise if you do turn diamond status while on it? I do know technically you have to complete the cruise to move up to the next level.

No.

Yes, all staterooms on Jewel have coolers.

Notice Bob says "cooler" not refrigerator. Royal, to the best of my knowledge never has the coolant in these replaced over the years. I'll be on some ships they don't get below 60F.

Notice Bob says "cooler" not refrigerator. Royal, to the best of my knowledge never has the coolant in these replaced over the years. I'll be on some ships they don't get below 60F.

A little trick I've learned over the years is to slightly prop open the cabinet door that hides the cooler. Helps circulate the warm air from the cooler in the cabinet space.

A little trick I've learned over the years is to slightly prop open the cabinet door that hides the cooler. Helps circulate the warm air from the cooler in the cabinet space.

That makes sense, that maybe a great tip.

We will be on Jewel in October. Does Jewel have O3B internet yet? If not is it known when they might get it? I know other ships have had it installed while at sea so no dry dock necessary. I have not been able to find a schedule.

We will be on Jewel in October. Does Jewel have O3B internet yet? If not is it known when they might get it? I know other ships have had it installed while at sea so no dry dock necessary. I have not been able to find a schedule.

Jewel does not have O3b and the cruise line has not publicly revealed deployment plans.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Sailing RCL for the first time on the Jewel 4/15/18. We booked one of the newly added 11th deck balconies. Love sailing out of San Juan bc of the amazing itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're in one of those cabins at the end of January! Can't wait to see them. :)

Glad to see a post about this ship! I love the Radiance class ships. I've been on Serenade and Brilliance, but this will be my first time on Jewel!

We were on jewel in one of the deck 11 rooms, and there was a slot. If we did not put something in it, there was very little lighting.

First I've heard this. Sounds like the newly added cabins got that feature but the other cabins didn't.

Edited by davekathy

Anyone have a picture of the outlets in the room?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

These pictures were taken on a different ship, but Jewel had the same kind of electrical outlets;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217612&d=1326222023

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217613&d=1326222137

These pictures were taken on a different ship, but Jewel had the same kind of electrical outlets;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217612&d=1326222023

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217613&d=1326222137

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Following - we are do an Southern Caribbean on her Jan14/18

Hi Robin,

We will be sailing January 21st on the Jewel🌴. We were originally sailing the same week on the Allure, but it got cancelled last week!

Greg