Fav things about Britannia

For me they would be,

The Crows Nest, I am a gin drinker, and the range of gins and gin cocktails, are outstanding.

The Hydropool suite, a step up from the usual thermal suite, due to the Hydropool. Plus heated waterbeds, wonderful way to relax for an hour after a busy port day.

Serenity and the Sunset Bar, because of the comfy seating, chairs not sun loungers, to relax and enjoy a cocktail whilst reading a book, or enjoying aft views from the Sunset Bar.

For me it would be:

Our large balcony - aft cabin - just relaxing, watching sailaways, glass in hand, reading my Kindle etc etc

The Blue Bar - watching the waves go past so close

Watching the pool area on a high deck from a sunlounger on a sea day - close enough to feel part of it, but far enough away for it to be 'quiet'

There are plenty more things though :D

No particular order, thought the coffee and tea served at your table in

the cafeteria/buffet was a nice touch, plus there is so much more seating it never felt

busy busy on Azura we had to take it in turns to get our food

which was a bit of a hassle, one grabbed the table the other their food but

Britannia buffet has far more seating so thumbs up from us, plus our aft

balcony bliss....

Mrs Blue Sky

I'm liking the sound of it all

Hydro pool? Is that an extra cost?

Yes, additional charge, part of the spa area. Initially they offer length of cruise passes, but depending on up take they sometimes offer day passes.

Prices seem to differ on each cruise, so can't help with cost. It would have been £200 or less for two of us on our last 7 night cruise, I know that as that's my cut off point, more than that and I walk away.

All you Britannia lovers out there, can you list your three favourite things about her and why.

The Limelight Club...

16935955181_2b6c41220e_z.jpg

Great select venue with strong entertainment.

The Atrium

16911015176_6677d37745_z.jpg

A great central hub with food (other than the dining rooms) and entertainment.

The Serenity Pool...

16749259808_f570abd257_z.jpg

Kind of speaks for itself really.

For me:

1) Hydropool and thermal suite, there are two steam rooms, a sauna, big hydropool, lots of hot beds and two waterbeds. Best facilities on any ship although there are no windows so it is all 'atmospheric' lighting. Wish I was there now.

2) I'm just going to say the food, that way I can cram it all into one. I thought the buffet was excellent, this is the only ship where a chef in the buffet has gone the extra mile to help with my allergy. Loved the choices like the glass house. Really no complaints at all.

3) I'm going to say the 'newness' it's just so lovely that everything is so modern. The cabins have lots of sockets, there are lovely outside areas with nice seating and I felt just overwhelmed by how gleaming everything was.

It's only fair to ask my husband his thoughts:

1) Brodies - now I've read some fairly awful comments about this bar but none resemble the experience we had on our 'around Britain' term-time cruise. It was quiet, elegant, and served beer fights - as an ale fan my husband loved trying the different options. Now he also chose Brodies as his second third choice so I'm taking those lol:

2) Special effects in the shows, a far cry from the run of the mill Headliners we've all see several times over.

3) Buffet seating - good to get a seat!

Have a great cruise x

Edited by Florry

Day passes are subject to availability.

On embarkation they will be offering length of cruise passes. They usually say there are only a limited number of passes and that these usually sell out etc etc.

However, on every cruise I have been on, I have seen people buy access for just a day, later in the cruise.

It's a wonderful relaxing place :)

My choices would be:-

Serenity pool area.

Hidden serveries and used crockery areas in both MDR and buffet, much quieter and more civilised dining experience.

Struggling to think of a third, but I could list several failures.

Another vote for the hydro pool area!! Definitely be paying a visit the day we board to check that out. Do they offer day passes or do you just go on the day and buy on first come first served basis?

On our cruise there were 60/70 places, I thought it would get sold out really quickly but in reality I think that only 10 or so people brought a pass for the whole cruise. I suspect it depends on destination and demographic - I was on around Britain in term time, and there were lots of older people. Apologies for generalising, no offence meant but I think this demographic is less likely to spend lots on a hydropool and as the weather was awful there was nobody in the retreat at all (both pricey, can't remember exactly how much and it will vary anyway).

Edited by Florry

Just got off Britannia this morning after a fabulous week in the fjords:D my favourite 3 things would be ,,the sunset bar,,but wish it was no smoking,,the crows nest,,for the gins and cocktails,,and the sheer size and elegance of her! Oh,,and the lovely big wide open decks.

Someone has told me that you have to be on deck about 6:30/7:00 on a sea day to get a sunbed in the Caribbean. Someone please tell me he is winding me up.

Sadly, bed hogging does happen and all the "best" spots (especially by the pools) do seem to be taken early. However when I was aboard in early March, we usually found some beds available when we wandered down after breakfast, although we couldn't be too choosy about where

Sadly, bed hogging does happen and all the "best" spots (especially by the pools) do seem to be taken early. However when I was aboard in early March, we usually found some beds available when we wandered down after breakfast, although we couldn't be too choosy about where

The ship was full last July / August and there were always sunbeds available and we never go looking until after 10 am. Having said that we always book a cabin with a big balcony so that we can retreat there if needs be. :)

Someone has told me that you have to be on deck about 6:30/7:00 on a sea day to get a sunbed in the Caribbean. Someone please tell me he is winding me up.

No, if you want a sunbed by the main pool in the full sun (or where the sun will be), then that's probably about right. If you don't mind not being right by the pool/in a prime sunning position then beds are available later, up to about 9.30 I'd say, but you'll be lucky to get more than a couple together. Bed hogging was sadly in full swing during our Xmas Caribbean cruise.

Good morning.

But surely if passengers are prepared to 'rise' early in order to achieve what they consider a decent spot, that is not a crime.

Others of course are prepared to pay a higher price for their 'select' sunbed space...

8910667077_ffa029de8b_z.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard