Pacific Princess Dry Dock

LewiLewi

Will the Pacific Princess be dry docked/refitted this year? We heard that she was due to be refurbished at some time during 2013. We also are aware thst she will not be doing a 2014 World Cruise. Anyone have any information on this?

Thank you.

From what has been posted the Pacific Princess will be in the South Paciifc instead of doing the world cruise. She will end up in Vancouver in late April or early May. It has been speculated that she will do the 14 Alaska cruises the summer of '14, but no announcement on that yet.

• 1 month later...
Will the Pacific Princess be dry docked/refitted this year? We heard that she was due to be refurbished at some time during 2013. We also are aware thst she will not be doing a 2014 World Cruise. Anyone have any information on this?

Thank you.

I'd also like to know when the next dry dock is. Anyone know of any updates?

Information I just received from my travel agent is that the Pacific Princess will be doing a full summer season in Alaska in 2014 (roundtrip from Vancouver). No information about itineraries or dates, yet, but the Alaska schedule will be released March 14.

I was on the 1/17/13 cruise of the Pacific Princess. It was a 10 day cruise added to the schedule at the end of 8/2012 because the dry dock scheduled for 1/17/13 was cancelled. The Pacific is being transferred to P&O Australia late in 2014. That is why she is not doing the Princess World Cruise next year. All of this information was given to us by Captain Lawes.

I was onthe 1/17/13 cruise for 10 days in the Caribbean. It was in need of a refit and I feel sorry for any on the World Cruise. Glad I cancelled tthat.

~Doris~

I was also on the 1/17/13 cruise and thought everything was fine. What did you find sub-par?

We were on the Pacific starting 1-3-13, and also felt it was in dire need of updating. The entire ship. Ours was the second half of a back to back traveling the Amazon. We were greatful to have only 2 weeks. The idea of World Tour would have been boring with so few entertainment choices or areas to relax. BUT the crew was great and so were the ports.

I really enjoyed my cruise on the Pacific on 1/17, but you could see the ship needed some TLC.....and I will state right now that I was not looking for things to complain about, but that these were obvious things to me.

There was a lot of wear and tear on upholsteries throughout the ship - seams open on chairs and sofas with the "stuffing" sticking out, chipped paint in many places. Lots of rust, especially on the balconies and pool deck. Lots of cosmetic upkeep needed. Decor items like lamps and pillows that needed replacing. I guess that I could say that there were areas that looked "shabby, but comfortably worn."

Did this affect my cruise in any way shape or form? NO! But these things were noticeabe.....but the way the crew treated me and my friends and the small ship experience far outweighed the cosmetic needs.

Edited by sailinglisa

Princess as usual are painfully slow in getting out their full 2014 program . What we do know re Pacific Princess and 2014 is that the Fort Lauderdale - Venezia World cruise is off .

She will sail the Fort Lauderdale - Sydney leg and do some round trips out of Tahiti before heading to Alaska for the season . Beyond that we have to wait as ever for Princess to get their full 2014 program out .

We were on Ocean Princess in October 2012, fresh out of drydock in Palermo Italia, and she was in excellent condition .

Some very worn upholstery as well as poor food and service in the MDR.

~Doris~

Wow! We were on the same cruise. We thought the food was some of the best we have had on Pincess. Service at our table was just fine.

Guess I wasn't looking hard enough, I didn't notice any problems. Our service in the MDR was slow the first night but have no complaints after that. I thought the food was fine and I sure didn't starve. Overall the crew was fantastic. I love the small ships but they do lack some of the options the bigger ones have. To me the advantages of the small ship more than make up for anything missing.

• 1 year later...

Thank you.

Contacted Princess stated Pacific Princess is scheduled for dry doc end of April thru 1st week of May to be performed in Vancover...... Will resume around May 8th with Alaska Itinerary........ We are scheduled for Oct 28th out of Tahiti ..... This is 3rd time on this itinerary with a little variation ...... Best Cruise we have been on quiet and spectacular all in one ...... OS are amazing .... Hope this has been helpful

Some very worn upholstery as well as poor food and service in the MDR.

~Doris~

We were on the PP for two weeks the end of December. The worn upholstery, drapes in the dining room and condition of the public areas will warrant more than the time being allotted for the dry dock .

We had excellent service in the dining room and found the menu choices to be relatively good.

Contacted Princess stated Pacific Princess is scheduled for dry doc end of April thru 1st week of May to be performed in Vancover...... Will resume around May 8th with Alaska Itinerary........ We are scheduled for Oct 28th out of Tahiti ..... This is 3rd time on this itinerary with a little variation ...... Best Cruise we have been on quiet and spectacular all in one ...... OS are amazing .... Hope this has been helpful

Given there is a cruise scheduled from Honolulu to Vancouver from April 23 thru May 3, these dates might be wrong. The next cruise on the Pacific Princess is May 13 from Vancouver, so one might presume that those dates between are the drydock.

Given there is a cruise scheduled from Honolulu to Vancouver from April 23 thru May 3, these dates might be wrong. The next cruise on the Pacific Princess is May 13 from Vancouver, so one might presume that those dates between are the drydock.

You are correct. We are booked on the May 13 voyage so are hoping for a smooth dry docking.:D

Thank you.

k2cruiser

March 15th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Thank you.

Pacific May 4, 2014 May 13, 2014 9 tuneup, minor freshening

will take place in Victoria.

We were on the ship the last two weeks in December. In my opinion it needs more than minor freshening.

Edited by Mapu