Pacific Princess Dry Dock

LewiLewi

Can someone look at the before/after May 13, 2014 deckplan and tell me what the changes are? I've booked July 8th and there are two deckplans, but I haven't had a chance to detailed the differences.

Can someone look at the before/after May 13, 2014 deckplan and tell me what the changes are? I've booked July 8th and there are two deckplans, but I haven't had a chance to detailed the differences.

I am interested in that as well as we are sailing on May 13th. I assume we should look at the "after May 13th" version. Not sure I see much difference. Sort of like those find the differences puzzle pictures.:eek::D

• 1 month later...
Pacific May 4, 2014 May 13, 2014 9 tuneup, minor freshening

will take place in Victoria.

We were on the ship the last two weeks in December. In my opinion it needs more than minor freshening.

Did this ever happen? What was actually done to the ship?

Thanks

Did this ever happen? What was actually done to the ship?

Thanks

Good question. I think it is due to sail to Alaska today so maybe someone onboard will do a "live" thread. Web cam shows it on its way to Juneau.

Edited by Mapu

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if this ship has been updated lately. It seems like a lot of talk but no real info. We book this ship for next year 2016 and really hope something has been done. I will look forward to you input. Maybe even pictures.

Thanks

I would sail on her no matter what. However, the 50th Anniversary cruise to Mexico is happening in Dec. of this year. There will be VIPs of various sorts on board, and the press, since this is a publicity opportunity for Princess. I expect the entire ship to be spiffed up before that. Don't worry, those of us on that cruise will try not to mess her up too much before we hand her over to you in 2016! ;)

We were told last fall that there were things like soft furnishing reupholstering that were not taking place at that time with the idea that the ship was soon to be sold. It will be interesting to see what shape it is in for the 50th anniversary cruise. I think it will, indeed, get spiffed up.

Like Shredie, I would tolerate a great deal of wear and tear on that ship simply for the opportunity to cruise on it.

F Y I : NCL Holdings have purchased Pacific Princess from Princess Cruises, to be assigned to their OCEANIA brand. I'm unsure as to the exact date of the hand-over ,

She'll become a sister to their near identical Nautica,Insignia & Regatta, all 4 ex ''R'' class ships.

Cheers

F Y I : NCL Holdings have purchased Pacific Princess from Princess Cruises, to be assigned to their OCEANIA brand. I'm unsure as to the exact date of the hand-over ,

She'll become a sister to their near identical Nautica,Insignia & Regatta, all 4 ex ''R'' class ships.

Cheers

Source of this information?

It was announced last November that they were buying the Ocean Princess with the transfer to be done next March.

I have not seen any information about this happening for the Pacific Princess.

Edited by caribill

I would sail on her no matter what. However, the 50th Anniversary cruise to Mexico is happening in Dec. of this year. There will be VIPs of various sorts on board, and the press, since this is a publicity opportunity for Princess. I expect the entire ship to be spiffed up before that. Don't worry, those of us on that cruise will try not to mess her up too much before we hand her over to you in 2016! ;)

Have to agree with your first sentence,

Hate PP she made us fall in love itch cruising.

Cheers

First I've heard about this, Ocean has been sold, no word on Zpacific that ive heard.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on segments of 2015 World Cruise, sailing on 50th Anniversary cruise of the Pacific Princess, then sailing on segments of 2016 and 2017 World Cruises.

As you see, we truly enjoy sailing on her. She is the tops and dining room staff equals any 5 star restaurant in the world. Subdued elegance !!!

We do not need any more mega ships.

J.E. Hopper

Wausau, WI 54401