Any Port Canaveral Suggestions

Caroldoll

As to the weather, we were there on May 4, 2015 and I don't recall very hot weather. Definitely t-shirt and no jacket! My diary doesn't indicate what the weather was either way. It definitely was hotter in Central America!

Mura

We were there this past April. Weather was perfect. Highly recommend the Kennedy Space Center. Did the ship's tour and it was terrific. (And you know we usually like to do our own thing.)

Love love love the space centre. Went this past March for second time. Much new since our first visit about 15 years ago. I wouldn't consider anything else unless you have been there recently. And this from someone who is not always keen on "touristy" stuff.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's much to do in the area! Some of the activities are easier if you dock at terminal 1 or 3.

Here is a comprehensive Guide to Port Canaveral Shore Trips for Visiting Cruisers

Keep in mind that Oceania docks away from where any of the action is. I think it's terminal 7, but not sure. We were there last month and put in another vote for the Space Center if that's your type of thing.

Last year it was high 70's low 80's too hot for me so we relaxed on the ship

Charleston was worse with the humidity

I am good to about 75F prefer less humid places :)

I guess we were lucky in both ports in late April 2015 -- weather was warm but not awful. We had a great private tour in Charleston and then a ship's tour to the Kennedy Space Center.

I've already posted that we recommend the Space Center as a Grade "A" tour spot but I forgot to mention one of the highlights of the day. We were having our lunch outside on a terrace and saw another family come to a table and empty their trays. Before we knew it, a crow flew over to their table and stole some food. We became more alert to our avian "friends" ...

I'm with Lyn in being averse to high humidity -- I guess that comes from having been born and raised in Los Angeles. Florida has always been difficult for me because of the humidity ...

Mura

P.S. I hope this isn't a double post! I did check and didn't see my original post (which I couldn't remember if I'd "submitted") so I'm hoping you'll only see this one.