Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

Just back & had a Caribbean Colada on the Pride Bermuda cruise and loved both it and the Pride! Patty is right, they are very good.

Your review is reminding me of a road trip a few years ago from Cape Cod, all up the Eastern seaboard to Halifax for a cousins wedding. Might need to do it on a ship one day :D

Enjoying the review so far and can't wait for more.

Edited by aztekpm

Just back & had a Caribbean Colada on the Pride Bermuda cruise and loved both it and the Pride! Patty is right, they are very good.

Your review is reminding me of a road trip a few years ago from Cape Cod, all up the Eastern seaboard to Halifax for a cousins wedding. Might need to do it on a ship one day :D

Enjoying the review so far and can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading! Glad you had a great time on our favorite ship! :)

Hey, Jamman, just tried looking up your getaway with Ryan on the Sunshine in a few weeks. Figured if I could find a "pack and go" rate we could jump aboard and play some Blackjack with you. ;):p Can't find your cruise anywhere.....must be sold out! :eek::cool:

Hey, Jamman, just tried looking up your getaway with Ryan on the Sunshine in a few weeks. Figured if I could find a "pack and go" rate we could jump aboard and play some Blackjack with you. ;):p Can't find your cruise anywhere.....must be sold out! :eek::cool:

Looks like it. There were a few left the other day. It would be awesome if something opened up. Keep checking! :)

Thanks for your reviews of the specialty restaurants.

I have finally booked the Sunshine for next May (only 5 nights but at least I get to try that ship) and have already told my parents that we're trying both. Cucina was an easy sell because they both love Italian but JiJi's sounded a little too "authentic" for their tastes. Now that you've posted your review and they can see pictures I'm sure it will put them at ease that the food isn't that different and it tastes very good!

Thanks for your reviews of the specialty restaurants.

I have finally booked the Sunshine for next May (only 5 nights but at least I get to try that ship) and have already told my parents that we're trying both. Cucina was an easy sell because they both love Italian but JiJi's sounded a little too "authentic" for their tastes. Now that you've posted your review and they can see pictures I'm sure it will put them at ease that the food isn't that different and it tastes very good!

Thanks Trisha! I'll say it again. JiJi's was by far the best dinner we had on our cruise, and we were very happy with our other meals. :)

Edited by Jamman54

Hi Jeff, loving the review. Thanks for posting pics of the boys when they were little, I know it's bitter sweet for you and Patti to look back on everything y'all did with Kevin and know that he's not here with you anymore. But you guys sure have a special angel on all yalls cruises and in everyday life. Keep making those memories with Ryan and know that Kevin is smiling down on y'all. Tell Patti she hasn't aged a bit over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Jeff, loving the review. Thanks for posting pics of the boys when they were little, I know it's bitter sweet for you and Patti to look back on everything y'all did with Kevin and know that he's not here with you anymore. But you guys sure have a special angel on all yalls cruises and in everyday life. Keep making those memories with Ryan and know that Kevin is smiling down on y'all. Tell Patti she hasn't aged a bit over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words. They really mean a lot to us. We celebrate Kevin's life every day, and we know that he is still with us all the time and enjoying our cruises with us.

Day 5 – Saint John, NB – (9:00am – 4:00pm)

CS0717.jpg

CS0718.jpg

CS0719.jpg

CS07201.jpg

We are up at 7am and on the bow camera we can see that the seas are calm, but it is very foggy outside……

CS0721.JPG

We arrived in Saint John right around 8:30am, and the ship was cleared at 9am.Here is the bow camera view once again of us docked in Saint John…..

CS07221.JPG

To be continued…..

We have no excursions planned for today. We have been here enough times to have done and seen everything that we needed to do and see here. Our plan is to have a nice leisurely breakfast, then leave the ship and head over to Market Square and the City Market.

Once again we made our way up to the Lido Deck and found seats at the Havana Bar. Patti was going to have a simple continental breakfast, but I was in the mood to head over to the Blue Iguana Cantina and get a breakfast burrito…..

CS0723A.JPG

June is happy to see me this morning…..

CS07241.JPG

June and I pose for the camera….

CS0725.JPG

June is building my burrito……

CS07271.JPG

Back to the Havana Bar I go with my burrito…..

CS0728.JPG

The finished masterpiece!! Man, was it good!!!

CS0729.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

So, somewhere around 10am we decided to leave the ship. The gangway today would be on Lobby Deck 3. Patti took these shots in the lobby as we waited to get off. The Sunshine Lobby Bar…..

CS07301.JPG

CS0734.JPG

Looking up at the Atrium elevators…..

CS07311.JPG

The Deck 3 Lobby Fun Hub…..

CS0732.JPG

The Sunset Dining Room…..

CS0735.JPG

CS07361.JPG

To be continued…..

We have arrived in Saint John…..

CS07371.jpg

CS07381.JPG

I think that the Lobster Girl has some technical issues!

CS0739.JPG

Here are some views of the Carnival Sunshine docked in Saint John…..

CS0740.JPG

CS0742.JPG

Here is a horse drawn carriage tour getting ready to leave…..

CS07431.JPG

To be continued…..

For those of you who are planning to walk around the town just be aware that Saint John is a hilly town….

CS0741.JPG

CS07491.JPG

This is Barbours General Store…..

CS0744.JPG

Here are some of the sculpture people of Market Square…..

CS07451.JPG

CS07461.JPG

CS07481.JPG

To be continued…..

I was born in Salem, MA & spent a lot of time in Boston. Really got homesick looking at your review. At Fanueil Hall, we loved Regina's Pizza & I miss it. I also miss No Name Seafood at the Pier and can't wait till we retire & do those things again, on a cruise or land vacation. My last time in Boston, introducing my Florida born husband, we took the on-off trolley & stopped on the Freedom Trail as well as the original Cheers. We also really enjoyed the North End for the Italian experience, as well as the Paul Revere stuff. Thanks for helping me to remember how much I love my city!

Just like Hollywood, Saint John has a sign on the side of the hill…..

CS0763.JPG

Here’s another view of the Carnival Sunshine docked in Saint John….

CS07641.JPG

Patti and I with the Sunshine…..

CS07661.JPG

CS07651.JPG

A view from where we were looking inland and up the hill…..

CS07671.JPG

One of the entrances to the Market Square Shops…..

CS07601.JPG

To be continued…..

I was born in Salem, MA & spent a lot of time in Boston. Really got homesick looking at your review. At Fanueil Hall, we loved Regina's Pizza & I miss it. I also miss No Name Seafood at the Pier and can't wait till we retire & do those things again, on a cruise or land vacation. My last time in Boston, introducing my Florida born husband, we took the on-off trolley & stopped on the Freedom Trail as well as the original Cheers. We also really enjoyed the North End for the Italian experience, as well as the Paul Revere stuff. Thanks for helping me to remember how much I love my city!

Thanks for following along! Glad that our review was able to stir up some fond memories of Boston. :)

I went to/graduated from Endicott in Beverly. The entire area is gorgeous. Marblehead, Salem, Rockport....I read The Crucible in high school (required for an English class) and just HAD to read it again when I saw we were on Hale St. (aka Rev. Hale) Used to grab burgers and beers at the Depot where the trains rambled past us and we had baskets of peanuts at our table that we cracked shells and threw on the floor. GOOD TIMES!!! Also hopped on the train there and took a ride into Boston on Saturdays. Such a beautiful city. They made fun of my NJ accent and I made fun of theirs! I have done a Canada cruise, but someday I'm gonna have to do this one and go back to Boston....;)