Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

The Massachusetts State House…..

CS05811.JPG

CS0583.JPG

We are getting ready to enter the Charles River….

CS05851.JPG

Here we go!

CS05871.JPG

Splash!!!

CS05881.JPG

We are now floating in the Charles River…..

CS05911.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

The driver seems to be happy that we are still floating. That’s scary!!

CS0592.JPG

There a few other Duck Boats floating nearby…..

CS05981.JPG

CS05931.JPG

Let’s follow the blue one…..

CS05961.JPG

The driver relinquishes his seat and lets a few people drive the Duck Boat in the water…..

CS06001.JPG

I think we are planning to go under that bridge…..

CS05991.JPG

To be continued…..

Here are a few more views from the Charles River…..

CS06031.JPG

CS06081.JPG

We are heading back up onto dry land again…..

CS06091.JPG

CS06101.JPG

This is where the empty Duck Boats hangout…..

CS06111.JPG

On the way back we passed the TD Bank Garden, home of the Celtics and Bruins…..

CS06121.JPG

To be continued…..

Thanks.

I hope you enjoyed Boston. I would have recommended a Fenway Park tour. It's one of my favorite flames on Earth :). With the soggy weather, you did well with the Duck Tour

We enjoyed our day in Boston, just wish the weather had been better thanks to Hermine, but this was the only rainy day of the cruise so we can't complain.

I saw a few games at Fenway Park over the years, and would have loved to do the tour, but Patti, not so much. The other tour that interested me was the Ghosts and Graveyard Tour.

Norm!!!!!!!:D I had to put that in. :D

Barb you wouldn't believe, or maybe you would, how many people yelled that when we drove by!! :D

We enjoyed our day in Boston, just wish the weather had been better thanks to Hermine, but this was the only rainy day of the cruise so we can't complain.

I saw a few games at Fenway Park over the years, and would have loved to do the tour, but Patti, not so much. The other tour that interested me was the Ghosts and Graveyard Tour.

Barb you wouldn't believe, or maybe you would, how many people yelled that when we drove by!! :D

A lot. :D Back in 2014 I did the Canada/New England cruise with Princess, and I was in Boston, had lunch with a friend, I think you might know who I'm talking about. :) Took the Bus Trolly Tour Back to the Pier and went past Cheers and Fenway Park. Trying to remember what else I saw.

The Duck Boat Tour lasted about two hours. We enjoyed it but I know it would have been much, much, better on a sunny day. At the end you are given a choice of being taken back to the ship or dropped off at the Quincy Market. If you choose the latter you have to get back to the ship on your own dime.

We chose to get off and explore the Quincy Market, then have lunch someplace…..

CS06151.JPG

Here’s Patti in front of the Quincy Market. This is the middle building of three…..

CS06161.JPG

There are also the North and South Market Buildings…..

CS0618.JPG

CS06171.JPG

The Faneuil Hall Marketplace…..

CS0619.JPG

CS06201.JPG

To be continued…..

I went to college in Beverly, outside of Boston, a town over from Salem. We used to take the train into Boston on Saturdays. I love that city and this is bringing back a lot of great memories. I have also been to Fenway a number of times, but as a lifelong Yankee fan, it is not my favorite place to go! :o:eek:

Feeling hungry, we chose to have Lunch at Dick’s Last Resort. We went to this same restaurant in Las Vegas and had a blast. This is where the waiters and bartenders are mean and nasty to you on purpose, and you, within reason, can be nasty right back…..

CS06311.JPG

The staff here was not as obnoxious as in Vegas, but we still had a good time. Patti and I were forced to wear hats…..

CS06321.JPG

CS0635.JPG

CS06361.JPG

The food is not 5 Star by any means, think Applebee’s / Ruby Tuesdays / Friday’s. We enjoyed our lunch and the drinks were nice and strong!

After lunch we decided to head back to the ship. Carnival had a shuttle that ran every 15 minutes or so from right across from the Quincy Market. The cost was $10 per person, and you could put it on your Sail & Sign card. Very handy!

In about 15 minutes we were back to Cruise Port Boston and the Carnival Sunshine…..

CS06391.JPG

CS0638.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

The best time for a Fenway tour is the last one before game time. You won't be able to go on the field, but they take you on top of The Green Monster when the teams are out taking BP. It's a great opportunity to shag a ball up there :D

Those duck tours are cool. I did one in Hawaii

It looks like you hit all of the Boston hot spots! Great review BTW!

Edited by VASOXFANN

I went to college in Beverly, outside of Boston, a town over from Salem. We used to take the train into Boston on Saturdays. I love that city and this is bringing back a lot of great memories. I have also been to Fenway a number of times, but as a lifelong Yankee fan, it is not my favorite place to go! :o:eek:

I'm so sorry. :eek::p;)

Here’s a view of the Celebrity Summit as we were boarding the Sunshine…..

CS06421.JPG

We were back on board around 2pm. We just hung out and relaxed until it was time for sail away at 5pm.

At sail away time it had stopped raining and the sun was trying hard to peek out. Here’s a view looking forward on the starboard side…..

CS06441.JPG

Here’s a view looking aft…..

CS0645.JPG

Here are a few views of the port area from the port side of the ship…..

CS06501.JPG

CS06511.JPG

CS06491.JPG

To be continued…….

The gangways were retracted and we were about to sail when a couple of pier runners showed up.

CS0654.JPG

The Captain took pity and the Deck 0 gangway was put back so they could board. Boy, did they take a lot of abuse from the passengers watching from above! Lol.

Now we have pushed away from the pier and we are backing out into the harbor to turn around…..

CS06571.JPG

CS06581.JPG

CS06631.JPG

A sailboat is coming into port…..

CS06591.JPG

Logan International Airport is right across the way…..

CS06601.JPG

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of views as the Carnival Sunshine spins around to head out to sea…..

CS06771.JPG

CS06821.JPG

The Boston Pilot Boat…..

CS06881.JPG

The Boston Pilot Boat following us out to sea…..

CS06891.JPG

CS0691.JPG

We made it over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a couple of drinks before dinner. Evans is pouring me another Thirsty Frog Red…..

CS06921.JPG

To be continued…..

Here are some of the ingredients and pans that our chefs will be using…..

CS07021.JPG

CS07031.JPG

Patti and I shared just about everything that we ordered. Patti ordered the Jade Shrimp Har Gow Dumplings, Sweet and Sour chicken, and the Hakka style Noodles…..

CS07061.JPG

CS07101.JPG

CS07111.JPG

I started with the Slow-Braised Pork Belly…..

CS07071.JPG

To be continued…..

I also ordered the Kung Pao Chicken and Chicken Fried Rice…….

CS0708.JPG

CS0709.JPG

For dessert we ordered the Caramelized Crepes and Fried Won Tons…..

CS0712.JPG

CS0713.JPG

Of course, here come the fortune cookies…..

CS0714.JPG

This was by far the best meal of the cruise. The food and service were awesome!

Afterwards I went to play blackjack for a few hours while Patti played the slots, picked up our pictures, and checked emails.

Back at the cabin, here is tonight’s turndown service…..

CS0715.JPG

We had a great day in Boston despite the weather being crappy, and a simply awesome dinner at JiJi Asian Kitchen. Good Night!

Coming up next: Back in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Feeling hungry, we chose to have Lunch at Dick’s Last Resort. We went to this same restaurant in Las Vegas and had a blast. This is where the waiters and bartenders are mean and nasty to you on purpose, and you, within reason, can be nasty right back…..

CS06311.JPG

The staff here was not as obnoxious as in Vegas, but we still had a good time. Patti and I were forced to wear hats…..

CS06321.JPG

CS0635.JPG

CS06361.JPG

The food is not 5 Star by any means, think Applebee’s / Ruby Tuesdays / Friday’s. We enjoyed our lunch and the drinks were nice and strong!

After lunch we decided to head back to the ship. Carnival had a shuttle that ran every 15 minutes or so from right across from the Quincy Market. The cost was $10 per person, and you could put it on your Sail & Sign card. Very handy!

In about 15 minutes we were back to Cruise Port Boston and the Carnival Sunshine…..

CS06391.JPG

CS0638.JPG

To be continued…..

Yep had Lunch at Dick's. Our waiter didn't make us hat's just threw the stuff on the table. LOL Mean too.