Europe Tragedies Inspire River Line Security Upgrades

Host Jazzbeau

I missed this Aug. 10 article on Cruise Critic while I was away, so am just posting it now:

Europe Tragedies Inspire River Line Security Upgrades

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7176

Thank you for posting this :). I obviously don't visit the other sites mentioned in Post #2 as this is the first time I've seen this link.

Julie

Why do you have to repost this since it was discussed in another thread and its on the news area as well.

Because Jazz looks out for us and was on vacation himself and didn't see it. It's not required reading, like homework, so if you see something you're not interested in, or have seen before, it's ok not to read it. :D

Thanks for posting Jazz, I was away and missed it also. :D

This year on Viking, when we embarked we were told that you use your key card to open the entry door. It seemed like a good idea except when there were ships rafted together. Most of the rafting was with other Viking ships. In that case, we went directly from lobby to lobby. When we rafted with a different cruise line, we had to cross on the sun deck. When the ships were rafted, you could walk between ships without anything or anyone stopping you. At night, the reception desk person often left his position to do a 15 minute walk around the ship. That left the reception area unattended. Not a secure situation. It might be a better idea to have a person at the reception desk 24/7. Compared to ocean ships, security is low.

Why do you have to repost this since it was discussed in another thread and its on the news area as well.

Why not? Maybe some might have missed the previous post. Like me.

Good luck. And hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947