Diet Coke

Ashiepooh

We sailed on the Getaway on 7/17, two days after the new beverage policy went into effect. I only drink Diet Coke as my soda/caffeine choice. Was not looking forward to being "deprived" until our first port day. Fortunately while NCL contracts with Pepsi, the Port of Miami does not. In the boarding area is a Coke machine. We bought a few bottles and put them in our backpack. Since we had already been through the screening process we were able to get them on without a problem. This may be an option for the other die hard Coke drinkers.

We sailed on the Getaway on 7/17, two days after the new beverage policy went into effect. I only drink Diet Coke as my soda/caffeine choice. Was not looking forward to being "deprived" until our first port day. Fortunately while NCL contracts with Pepsi, the Port of Miami does not. In the boarding area is a Coke machine. We bought a few bottles and put them in our backpack. Since we had already been through the screening process we were able to get them on without a problem. This may be an option for the other die hard Coke drinkers.

That's great to hear! Any chance that you noticed Coke Zero? That's my only soda choice so I know what you mean...we're facing 17 days without. Thank you for any info.

Rainey

Hi Rainey, yes, I believe we did see Coke Zero. The 20 ounce bottles are $2 if anyone was wondering.

Thank you so much! Eight sea days before a foreign port with no Coke products:( Smarts when you can't do alcohol either.

I understand! When we got to Belize or Rotan (I don't remember which was first) the Diet Coke in the Caribbean is Coke Light and although the packaging is very similar it does NOT taste the same. I was happy to have the "real thing" to go back to when I returned to our cabin.

Edited by Ashiepooh

Someone is going to make a fortune setting up little bottled water/soda kiosks in NCL's terminal waiting areas. Kinda like at all airports where you can buy bottled water/soda before your board your plane after going through security.

Someone is going to make a fortune setting up little bottled water/soda kiosks in NCL's terminal waiting areas. Kinda like at all airports where you can buy bottled water/soda before your board your plane after going through security.

Thanks, Ashiepooh! I only drink regular Coke, so I'll get a few there (thankfully my next cruise, and last on NCL, will be out of the Port of Miami).

Though, I'm not hopeful NCL won't figure something out about getting rid of it, or not allowing it, even beyond the screening area. :rolleyes:

I'll watch to see if anyone else manages to do this.:)

Thank you for that awesome information. I too am a diehard diet coke drinker. Hopefully they wont try to put a stop this before I board on Oct 1st

I can see the headline now;

"Coke Craving Cruisers Crushed in mad dash to satisfy Caffeine Cravings at Miami Port!":D

(Sorry, haven't had my first soda this morning so that was the best I could come up with.)

Nice one :p & cheers - let's keep it under the radar (out of sight for the X-Ray scanners)

Does it accept Apple Pay and Android Pay - the ones that I raid all the time do @ $1.85 with a 10 cents cash discount.

Vendor%20-%20Pepsi%20w%20Android%20Pay%202016_zpsjr7l9wmv.jpg

Now, we need scouting reports for the other major embarkation ports. ;)

I post this as a warning that NCL is very serious about their new no carry on policy . We are just off an Epic cruise from Barcelona . In this port after the initial check-in and screening there are stores which sell liquids . We boarded the ship but there was a final screening just prior to actually entering. He was very thorough looking for water , sodas etc . This caused an unwelcome further delay .

I post this as a warning that NCL is very serious about their new no carry on policy . We are just off an Epic cruise from Barcelona . In this port after the initial check-in and screening there are stores which sell liquids . We boarded the ship but there was a final screening just prior to actually entering. He was very thorough looking for water , sodas etc . This caused an unwelcome further delay .

I believe the OP was referring to vending machines only. There are no stores after Security at the Port (unless something has drastically changed within the year at Miami - Puerto Rico has stores after Security and there is always another "check" there, I'm assuming similar to Barcelona).

At most, people would be able to snag a bottle or two of coke/coke products.

It sounds like we have to keep informed on a per port basis. I'd so much rather buy it on board (or be allowed 12 pack each). Maybe NCL will resolve this like Carnival did but in the meanwhile.......good luck to those who never thought that they'd be smuggling soft drinks:;)

Thanks for the info, Richstowe! I sail from there next Saturday. Do they screen your suitcase during the screening in process or later after you turn it over to them?

Thanks for the info, Richstowe! I sail from there next Saturday. Do they screen your suitcase during the screening in process or later after you turn it over to them?

My checked suitcase was deposited to luggage handlers , like with all previous cruises, prior to check in .

They arrived safely along with the couple of diet coke cans that were inside . ;)