Royal Caribbean Website Update

[quote name='Ashland'][B]RCI needs to go back to the format of easy to read cabins that are available.[/B]

[B]WHY hasn't RCCL CRUISELINE responded to anything on this thread that has been said :rolleyes::mad:[/B][/QUOTE]

I think its just drive by output only, kinda like a certain poster we have here that just crossed the 70,000 post mark :D:cool:

[quote name='douknowme']It seems that every time I try to search for cruises for 3 people, I get an error message telling me to return to the main page. Is anyone else having this issue?[/QUOTE]

I also have been getting the following message when searching for cruises
for 3 people:

"The webpage you have requested is temporarily unavailable. Please
return to Royal Caribbean dot com homepage".

It happens mainly when searching the Deluxe/Suite category.

[quote name='FRANKM']I also have been getting the following message when searching for cruises
for 3 people:

"The webpage you have requested is temporarily unavailable. Please
return to Royal Caribbean dot com homepage".

It happens mainly when searching the Deluxe/Suite category.[/QUOTE]

Yes! This is the message I get. So, I called the website assistance number to no avail. In fact, I was placed on hold, after informing them of my issue, and no one ever came back to the line. :(

[quote name='Ashland'][B]RCI needs to go back to the format of easy to read cabins that are available.[/B]

[B]WHY hasn't RCCL CRUISELINE responded to anything on this thread that has been said :rolleyes::mad:[/B][/QUOTE]

I so agree. We all know Royal's IT department is the most incompetent ever. But this time they have gone beyond stupid, they are just worthless. This is the WORST website they have ever developed. You cannot find anything. They are going to chase more and more people away or their phones will be flooded with calls b/c no one can easily navigate this new website.

ROYAL get with it. Give us a website that makes sense. The one before this worked perfectly fine. Why try to fix something that is not broke!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

[quote name='skiiergirl']what is the address for the UK site?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clarea'][url]http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk[/url][/QUOTE]

An easy way to get to the UK site when on RC North America site is to change the county option at the bottom left of the home page to United Kingdom. ;)

[quote name='ryano']I think its just drive by output only, kinda like a certain poster we have here that just crossed the 70,000 post mark :D:cool:[/QUOTE]

LOL! :D And crossed a dozen "correct info" post mark - or am I being too generous? :p.

(Fortunately, especially for newer CC members who might rely on the incorrect info based on the authoritive tone of those prolific posts, there are some truly knowledgeable CC posters who are quick to point out the errors and provide the correct info in their posts. :))

Kind of a shame the OP has not seen the need to respond, putting itself into that company.

~ Judy

[quote name='MAHA']I just did another mock booking for the same cruise and the balcony discount showed up.

Must be new glitches in the software.[/QUOTE]
I'm not getting any C&A Balcony discounts to show up during a mock booking. Man this site is terrible.

******** EDIT **********
Now I am able to see my C&A Balcony Discount, but there is a catch.

Use Case 1: Previously I was getting to the cruise I wanted to mock book through my "Saved Cruises" in the "My Cruises" section. That route provided no discount.
Use Case 2: Started from the home screen and then going to Plan A Cruise -> Find A Cruise. That route DID provide the discount. So much for their QA department. That's a huge miss! Edited by lv2bcruzin

• 2 weeks later...
I also wanted to sound off that I am not happy with Royal Caribbean's new web booking portal.

Under the old system, you could check rates in sub categories, such as: Superior Oceanview Stateroom w/Balcony: E3, E2, E1. That made it so easy to see if your price dropped within the subcategory that you booked and get a refund (if before the final payment date). It also let you look at other cabins within that category and change staterooms if you found a better location.

Now, it only gives you the cheapest price in the within the category and you have to call to ask if the price has dropped for your subcategory. I sure wish they would bring that feature back!

[quote name='WeighAnchor']I also wanted to sound off that I am not happy with Royal Caribbean's new web booking portal.

Under the old system, you could check rates in sub categories, such as: Superior Oceanview Stateroom w/Balcony: E3, E2, E1. That made it so easy to see if your price dropped within the subcategory that you booked and get a refund (if before the final payment date). It also let you look at other cabins within that category and change staterooms if you found a better location.

Now, it only gives you the cheapest price in the within the category and you have to call to ask if the price has dropped for your subcategory. I sure wish they would bring that feature back![/QUOTE]

Well it seems they accomplished their goal. For them, the less people getting price drops the better. ;) Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

[quote name='WeighAnchor']I also wanted to sound off that I am not happy with Royal Caribbean's new web booking portal.

Now, it only gives you the cheapest price in the within the category and you have to call to ask if the price has dropped for your subcategory. I sure wish they would bring that feature back![/QUOTE]

Not just for price checking for a reduction but for booking or searching for a cruise!

How do you know which category you want in Ds if you can't compare all of them?? There are many Ds on Oasis Class.......Not just a D1 and D8!! It requires now way too much searching and wasting of time.

I guess we call RCL and take up the Agents time and ask for ALL prices for all the cabin categories we want to compare prices for? This could involve a few cruises you are interested in and not on the same ship!!! Imagine how long that will now take? The Agent is not making a sale but giving information that may or may not become a booking.