Royal Caribbean Website Update

Tried to obtain a booking for an L2 on our next august cruise, to compare our price.....

The closest I can get is them assigning me an L1 which is a higher price level to begin with.

Once I can get on the site I am going to try to list an L2 cabin.

Very frustrated, but at least I have something to look forward to.

Sea ya

When you choose a OV balcony on the Oasis it gives you a D8 which is the lowest priced usually.

The only way I have found to look at a different category, say a D4 is to go find a cabin in that category and enter it in the space to change your stateroom and then all D4's will show up.

Is there any easier way to do it?? When I click on one of the categories where the descriptions are on the left nothing happens

This seems to be the only way to do it, but there must be another way.

Tried to obtain a booking for an L2 on our next august cruise, to compare our price.....

The closest I can get is them assigning me an L1 which is a higher price level to begin with.

Once I can get on the site I am going to try to list an L2 cabin.

When I put in the cruise, and I choose Crown Loft Suite, it shows me all L2's.

Maybe it knows I am thrifty.

Edited by marci22

When I put in the cruise, and I choose Crown Loft Suite, it shows me all L2's.

Maybe it knows I am thrifty.

Ran into the same problem. What you need to do is put in the room # for a L1 if only the L2 shows. If only the L1 shows put in a room # for the L2.

We have 7 lofts booked for future cruises. As I checked for price drops some showed the L1 rooms and others the L2 rooms.

I believe you need to enter a room that is available for this to work. However, I may be wrong.

Ran into the same problem. What you need to do is put in the room # for a L1 if only the L2 shows. If only the L1 shows put in a room # for the L2.

We have 7 lofts booked for future cruises. As I checked for price drops some showed the L1 rooms and others the L2 rooms.

I believe you need to enter a room that is available for this to work. However, I may be wrong.

You are absolutely correct, however...you have to keep typing in cabin numbers, over and over again until you FIND one available. It is ridiculous.

You are absolutely correct, however...you have to keep typing in cabin numbers, over and over again until you FIND one available. It is ridiculous.

No, all you need to do is go to an easy to use cruise agency site and get the availability of the cabins in the category you want there. Then use one of those available cabin numbers to get to the category you want on RCI's site.

Even easier you could just book your cruise with that agency and just eliminated going back to the RCI site altogether. :D.

Edited by robtulipe

I know, but I thought it was weird that lioness got L1s as her selection and I got L2s. I wonder how the website decides what to show you first.

google 'book your cruise online' and look past the paid advertisements. There are a few websites that show you available cabins in an easy to read format and a popular one should come up in the first few.

This will allow you to see available cabins easily, something that Royal Caribbean does not want us to be able to do, for some very strange, odd reason...

Edited by marci22

google 'book your cruise online' and look past the paid advertisements. There are a few websites that show you available cabins in an easy to read format and a popular one should come up in the first few.

This will allow you to see available cabins easily, something that Royal Caribbean does not want us to be able to do, for some very strange, odd reason...

I believe the reason is that they want to make it difficult to look for price drops for the cruises we booked.

Just tried your suggestion. It works!!!!

Thank you

After you choose one of the 4 major groups (i.e. inside, oceanview...) you're then presented with the choice of cabin grade. However, it's now presented by its name, rather than the code.

When you select that grade a default cabin is selected. At the top right it says "View or change location." When you click that you can then see other cabins and change.

Thanks! It still is a pain in the patootie! Still doesn't let me easily go from a D1 to a D2. It sends me from D to E. I see where others are saying to put in a certain cabin # in your category for it to pull the specific category up. Again....what a pain! I agree they are trying to keep folks from doing so much price checking....but get real! Folks that are looking for the price drops are going to keep looking while instead they may actually runoff folks looking to book new cruises!

No, all you need to do is go to an easy to use cruise agency site and get the availability of the cabins in the category you want there. Then use one of those available cabin numbers to get to the category you want on RCI's site.

Even easier you could just book your cruise with that agency and just eliminated going back to the RCI site altogether. :D.

That's what I've been doing since their previous website upgrade/downgrade. I use one or two different large online agencies to find a cabin and price, and then I look up that specific cabin on the Royal website, just to make sure prices are the same, and finally I call my TA to book (and usually get some extra OBC from her). It's a few extra steps, but I think I'm getting the best possible deal this way. My TA is going to make sure that I'm getting whatever discounts I should get based on my C&A status.

I hope the upgrade fixes the communication issue between documents. My set and sail pass says we are emerald, our luggage tags say platinum and the cruise documents have me as platinum and my husband as gold. This is for our trip leaving on the 11th. I have called C & A several times and they can not figure out why this is happening. It will be interesting to see if it is all fixed after the upgrade.

I wonder if the Crown & Anchor member area of the website will work correctly now? Gift options visible.....

Works fine for me now. Will know tomorrow if I get what I selected (Dependent on the cut off prior to cruise and making changes).

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

is it just me I cant see where its states any onboard credit on a cruise unless there is none offered at the moment?

There's a ? beside "deals included" Roll over that and it will show if there is any OBC included in your deal.