Royal Caribbean Website Update

I use the Cruise Critic Android app on my phone. I also have TapaTalk, but I rarely use it.

I may do a test post and see which of my android emoticons will work

Thanks for heads up

Definately red and bold on my PC

FWIW, Bob's red showed up on my phone in post 221

Many of you may think these last several posts are totally off topic, thread creep if you will. It does show that things often don't work across all platforms and someone said this may be one of the things Royal was trying to accomplish with this update.

Unfortunately the end result is it doesn't work at all to most folks

Many of you may think these last several posts are totally off topic, thread creep if you will. It does show that things often don't work across all platforms and someone said this may be one of the things Royal was trying to accomplish with this update.

Unfortunately the end result is it doesn't work at all to most folks

John, I would say your premise is probably true except in Royal's case it should be amended to "things don't work on ANY platforms", apparently their test system is a one of a kind custom built platform that only exists in their own office ;)

Please RCCL - keep it simple

The new website is horrible - I would jump on RCCL about 3-4 times per week and look for cruises with our AFT/hump cabins available - can't do that anymore...

It's very frustrating to have to go through all the steps and still not be able to see rooms available - That's half the fun - picking our room :)

PLEASE HEAR US - make it user friendly

I totally agree with this!!

RCCL, I hate your new website!!! :mad:

While the overall category limit seems to be lifted, there still is a per deck limit of 15 cabins shown as available (you have to check every deck - inconvenient to say the least). As in the past, if you want a truer sense of inventory (and much easier to find), head to the UK RCI web site.

While the overall category limit seems to be lifted, there still is a per deck limit of 15 cabins shown as available (you have to check every deck - inconvenient to say the least). As in the past, if you want a truer sense of inventory (and much easier to find), head to the UK RCI web site.

Just curious, has the UK site not gotten an update

Nope. That's the one I use.

I'm not so sure that site is not without issues. Just stopped by and it shows 10 Panoramic Ocean Views on Deck 2 :eek:

Don't recall ever seeing floor to ceiling glass that low before. Must be some strong glass. :rolleyes:

Edit - This was for Enchantment on October 30

Edited by John&LaLa

I'm not so sure that site is not without issues. Just stopped by and it shows 10 Panoramic Ocean Views on Deck 2 :eek:

Don't recall ever seeing floor to ceiling glass that low before. Must be some strong glass. :rolleyes:

Edit - This was for Enchantment on October 30

Please don't believe what you see on the UK site - it is truly awful. It still shows Seaview Cafe as a dining option on Serenade when that was turned into Izumi early in 2013 :rolleyes:

Just curious, has the UK site not gotten an update

"UPDATE" I consider if they have it would be a downgrade, just as the US site recently received :mad:

I absolutely HATE the changes made to the RCI site.

Does RCI even listen to all the complaints being generated ?

I find the UK site better for checking cabin availability. I have not even looked at other aspects of that site. It always did show more cabins than the US site. Not sure why that would be. :rolleyes:

People from the UK have higher cognitive ability than those from the US.;)

[quote name='BecciBoo'][SIZE=4]
I will continue to view all cabins available on the other site we all use! If they can do it why can't RCCL????????????[/SIZE][/quote]

And how can you drop a hint to us who don't know of this website............:confused:

I was just about to post the following:

[COLOR="Green"]Has the new web site eaten anyone else's reservations?

We have been trying to enter a reservation for an April cruise for several weeks (I called RCI and their first level of support tried and failed to help - referred it another unit). We have four other reservations that have been showing up fine, including one for November 7th, for which I'm glad I've already printed our Set Sail Pass.

Tonight I logged on to see if they had "fixed" our April cruise, so I could get it on the list, and the web site tells me we do not have any active reservations at this time.[/COLOR]

I decided to try one more time before sending this but went in through "My Cruises" instead of Crown and Anchor, and the four cruises listed before are there. I still can't add the April cruise, but I guess that's a problem for another time.

Anyone else finding anomalies?

Margy

Yikes!

Having a major web site go down, is a perfect example of how "dark ages" Royal's IT team is. The web site should never go down. Bring the new site up in parallel, then flip the switch. No down time. Zero. New web site doesn't work? Flip the switch back to the old web site. No down time. Zero.

I can't wait until Royal's IT guys retire and new young blood comes in. Or, better yet, outsource the whole thing to a fresh, innovative United States based company.

While the new site is more modern looking, it is clunky and the user is set up for failure by default. The user should be set up for success by default.

Lipstick on a pig. Swing and a miss. Waste of money.

[quote name='douknowme']It seems that every time I try to search for cruises for 3 people, I get an error message telling me to return to the main page. Is anyone else having this issue?[/quote]

I was getting it the other day but it seemed to have cleared up. Now it's back again but this is a different message format.

[quote name='Ashland'][B]RCI needs to go back to the format of easy to read cabins that are available.[/B]

[B]WHY hasn't RCCL CRUISELINE responded to anything on this thread that has been said :rolleyes::mad:[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree the previous way to list available cabins was easier and provided information on cabin location (forward, mid ship, aft) as well as connecting cabins. This information is available on the new website, but not as conveniently. However, I am used to the new system now and the HOLD button is back. [emoji3] All new systems have some initial bugs. People sure get bummed when cable tv or a computer system goes down.

[quote name='2CatsInFlorida']I agree the previous way to list available cabins was easier and provided information on cabin location (forward, mid ship, aft) as well as connecting cabins. This information is available on the new website, but not as conveniently. However, I am used to the new system now and the HOLD button is back. [emoji3] All new systems have some initial bugs. People sure get bummed when cable tv or a computer system goes down.[/QUOTE]

Finding Connecting cabins and searching for any category other than the one that THEY select for you in a given category grouping is a "Royal" PITA! I have been playing with it for a few days and have found nothing but serious downgrades in the functionality... it may look nicer, but as my DH says, you can polish a turd. Just sayin'......

[quote name='Ashland'][B]RCI needs to go back to the format of easy to read cabins that are available.[/B]

[B]WHY hasn't RCCL CRUISELINE responded to anything on this thread that has been said :rolleyes::mad:[/B][/QUOTE]

Because A) contrary to popular belief, they don't monitor CC.
B) They don't care
Not sure which is worse