Royal Caribbean Website Update

[quote name='Ukdhey1']Pleased I could help 😃. Found it by accident really as trying to check a booking they were working on was correct for family. Thank goodness I picked my diamond plus choices a few weeks ago!!! 3 weeks tomorrow on anthem for me! Yippee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

One week on Sunday for us :)

Make the Online Checkin like the airlines where if you forget to print out your Set Sail Pass it would be connected to the IT system at the Pier. Even adding Self Service Kiosks for those who did not complete the checkin online whereby you enter your Confirmation#, Swipe your Passport and Credit Card for Onboard Account.

[quote name='Beachammo']My wife had a good point.....the harder Royal makes it to pick out a specific cabin, the more chance that cabin is available to the pax that knows the work around.[/QUOTE]

As one who fancies knowing my way around, that is a happy way to look at the new system.

Another upside for one of my upcoming cruises....courtesy hold option had not been available on my cruise on old website, but hold option re-appeared yesterday on new website....so I was able to place a hold on an upgraded cabin yesterday (seems to have been the last one!), then finalize that upgrade today (after some personal business was sorted out).

End of my happy thoughts...Otherwise, I do not like the new system.

I "loathe", "despise" and "abhor" the word "hate.'

I HATE THE NEW WEBSITE.

:mad:

I HATE this website too, it's terrible and I am now giving up. Can not access subcategories, it keeps giving me only D3 cabins, whenever I enter a D2 or D1 cabin it states no available cabins found etc. And that for november 2016? This is really frustrating. Wasting so much time without getting further😡

So, I guess, you can't check any cruise dates/prices unless you give all your passenger info?

No, you can check dates and prices without entering passenger info. It's just more difficult than before, which was probably the goal.

Well....the website looks more "professional" ....lol....but big mistake! Too bad it doesn't "perform" more professionally! Hate not seeing the available cabins within a category! Or even category (D1, D2, etc) within a category unless I am missing something. Also, previously you could key in a specific cabin and it would show available or not....I don't see that anymore.

Yes, you can do both of those things. Once you get to cabin selection you can then choose another one, and if you look at what is selected you can see other cabins in that category.

When I log in it gives me 3 DEALS;)

Loyalty Development (Balcony discount I guess)

BOGO

Crown and Anchor Rates

The booking total included the balcony discount and BOGO.

If I look without logging in the only price difference is the balcony discount amount and the only DEAL listed is BOGO

So what is the Crown and Anchor Rate that is included in the Deals when I log in???:confused: There was no additional discount given if I log in.

Just done it.I have it open now in another tab.Thank you very much,it's been so frustrating the last couple of days trying to log in.

The UK My Cruises login now appears to be working - managed to buy what I wanted and check in this morning after 3 nights of frustration!

Yes, you can do both of those things. Once you get to cabin selection you can then choose another one, and if you look at what is selected you can see other cabins in that category.

Thx! It was not there yesterday morning when I tried. Maybe a different browser or maybe because I was at work? Will try again later this weekend. How do I get to the subcategories (D1) and then get to where I can see cabin choices? Thx

Just did a mock booking and it automatically gives me a stateroom however importantly when I select "View or Change Location" under the Room # and Deck Level info it does nothing. So as far as I can see we're stuck with the cabin they auto allocate?? :confused:

Well just went in again and this button works now. You can enter your preferred cabin. However it no longer indicates which are interconnecting and worse than than that, after you select your preferred stateroom you get a price and think you have a good price but when you continue from Staterooms to Guest Info the price goes up $500 (per stateroom) WT??? And no, it's not pre-paid grats.

Thx! It was not there yesterday morning when I tried. Maybe a different browser or maybe because I was at work? Will try again later this weekend. How do I get to the subcategories (D1) and then get to where I can see cabin choices? Thx

After you choose one of the 4 major groups (i.e. inside, oceanview...) you're then presented with the choice of cabin grade. However, it's now presented by its name, rather than the code.

When you select that grade a default cabin is selected. At the top right it says "View or change location." When you click that you can then see other cabins and change.

Why? It worked perfect before. Now...................

For one, it didn't have holds. It also wasn't perfect in that there were other minor glitches at least.

Perhaps technically it was less scalable with the variety of devices coming, or had some compatibility issues with the next publishing platform - I don't know. But typically these things arise when there is some issue and a redesign is needed. It's not great but that's technology.

New stuff comes up in new versions, and old versions become unsupported and less secure. So at some time there has to be an upgrade to leave the old version, and a revamp may be required at that time as it just can't be brought across.

You can even see that in the home with records, CDs, video tapes, and so on. They're just not 'current,' even if they work in limited situations. And if you want to 'migrate' anything across to current tech, good luck with that!

When you choose a OV balcony on the Oasis it gives you a D8 which is the lowest priced usually.

The only way I have found to look at a different category, say a D4 is to go find a cabin in that category and enter it in the space to change your stateroom and then all D4's will show up.

Is there any easier way to do it?? When I click on one of the categories where the descriptions are on the left nothing happens

When you choose a OV balcony on the Oasis it gives you a D8 which is the lowest priced usually.

The only way I have found to look at a different category, say a D4 is to go find a cabin in that category and enter it in the space to change your stateroom and then all D4's will show up.

Is there any easier way to do it?? When I click on one of the categories where the descriptions are on the left nothing happens

This is also the procedure I have done. I have yet to find an easier or more user friendly way. :mad: Horrible.