Royal Caribbean Website Update

Worst. Website. Ever.

It's HORRIBLE!

It's almost impossible to pick a cabin you actually want. Why do they just put you in a random crappy cabin and make it so hard to change? Yuck.

Not to mention that the price absolutely skyrocketed on the one cruise I've been checking. I guess they have to pay for those website updates somehow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

I love the Princess website. It so easy to pick the exact cabin you want. If you know the part of the ship you want, just click on that and it shows you every cabin available on a nice little deck plan.

Edited to say that I tried to pick a cabin on a third party website and the cruise I was looking at shows no cabins available at all, yet there are plenty of cabins available on the RCI site, it's just so hard to choose a good one because of the way it's set up now. I might never be able to book an RCI cruise again. I hope they make this more user friendly before the new itineraries come out next spring.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

Just when you thought they couldn't possibly make the site any worse...:eek:

I didn't think it was possible for them to make their website any more cumbersome to use, but kudos to RC's IT team...They did it!.

Yep...pretty much sums up my feelings!! Trying to price a JS for my Dec 2016 cruise & darn if I can figure out how to find one....it keeps showing me D3 cabins...and I am already booked in a D2 so why would I want to downgrade...smh!

Thank God I am not cruising with Royal till next April - hope the web site will be fixed by then - what a nightmare.:mad:

FWIW, I have done 5 online check-ins and printed set sail 5 times this morning. No problem,

WOW! I have been one who always thought it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but wow this is really bad. They must be pushing people to call or go to travel agents to book because you can't even just go to the website to check prices and cabins without putting in all you information first like you are going to book now. before this you could just go on the site and select a cruise! Oh and let's not even talk about when you finally get to a page where you see something! :mad:

Edited by bigque

WOW! I have been one who always thought it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but wow this is really bad. They must be pushing people to call or go to travel agents to book because you can't even just go to the website to check prices and cabins without putting in all you information first like you are going to book now. before this you could just go on the site and select a cruise! Oh and let's not even talk about when you finally get to a page where you see something! :mad:

You don't have to put in your information to check the price.

Yes you can. In fact you can see a very large selection of rooms in the category selected along with the prices with out entering any personal information.

I think this is a big inprovement over the old site. Also like the banner across the top which lets you go back a page instead of using the back button and then waiting for the page to reload.

This program is a much improved product.

Someone was complaining about the My Cuise page. I did not see any difference between what is there now and the old version.

Yep...pretty much sums up my feelings!! Trying to price a JS for my Dec 2016 cruise & darn if I can figure out how to find one....it keeps showing me D3 cabins...and I am already booked in a D2 so why would I want to downgrade...smh!

I can see 16 JS staterooms available for the Dec.3/16 Adventure cruise. If you are seeing D3 cabins you must be selecting Balcony Class of cabins tab and not the Suites tab where the JS cabins are included.

Royal, some thoughts..

Speed it up please! Why does it need to be so slow after every selection made?

Where the deck plan is located, starts off with a big empty box until I tried dragging the slide bar down. Then the deck started to display itself. If I click on the - button, the entire deck comes into view at an oh so tiny unreadable size. If I click on the + button, empty box again until I slide the slide bar down.

Oh, and I would prefer the ability to see the ENTIRE deck plan in one view (like before) with the option for me to zoom in if needed.

Under "stateroom selector" - please show the available cabin numbers! Until I manually type in a number, the list of available cabins for a selected deck does not show up.

edited to add -> under "review your staterooms" it tells me the price of stateroom 1 and 2. HOWEVER, it then changes those prices when I click on continue and am brought to the "guest info" page. Now the price is HIGHER. (according to a CSR on the phone, the first page does not include the taxes - makes it misleading... put the tax in)

I don't like NOT being able to see the cost of the 1st person and 2nd person either...

I do love the photos showing the view of the cabin and cabin layout!

Edited by Kesali

Yes you can. In fact you can see a very large selection of rooms in the category selected along with the prices with out entering any personal information.

As I mentioned before I can only see the lowest category of available cabins in any class of cabins which are insides, OV, Deluxe Balcony, Superior Balconies and the difference Suites. :confused:

I tried to look at pricing for a cruise we might be interested in for May of 2017 for Hawaii. I put in my C&A information and no balcony discount showed up. Are they getting rid of the C&A balcony discounts with the BOGO promo?

Mary Anne

Edited by MAHA

I tried to look at pricing for a cruise we might be interested in for May of 2017 for Hawaii. I put in my C&A information and no balcony discount showed up. Are they getting rid of the C&A balcony discounts with the BOGO promo?

Mary Anne

I just did another mock booking for the same cruise and the balcony discount showed up.

Must be new glitches in the software.