Royal Caribbean Website Update

I agree with everyone else that their new website is useless. I guess I shouldn't expect much but it does make me wonder if ANY of this stuff is tested out with actual end users. I know we aren't allowed to ask about other websites on here so I'll make sure to do that on my next cruise.

I guess I should expect as much from RCI. I wonder if this new website is to help them make more $ but I agree if you have ever used any previous versions this version will make you go crazy and even more so if you need to book more than 2 to a cabin.

Just got off with their website support. I have to change my passwords and user names each time I try to access my passwords.

At first the rep said she had no idea why. Then eventually said they're aware of the problem and yes indeed I would have to change my passwords and user names each time. Arrghhhhh

Just got off with their website support. I have to change my passwords and user names each time I try to access my passwords.

At first the rep said she had no idea why. Then eventually said they're aware of the problem and yes indeed I would have to change my passwords and user names each time. Arrghhhhh

So far I've not had a problem with passwords & logging in...but the rest of the site leaves much to be desired...:mad:

OK, Royal Caribbean International poster, this is your thread, are you reading it? Any thoughts you can share with the huddled masses.

Hoping that someone for Royal Caribbean International is reading this and something is done to fix some of the issues with this upgrade. I'm glad nothing much has changed in the "My Cruises" section and that all my previously booked cruises were still there. I tried for a long time this afternoon to book a cruise for this December. It was impossible to choose a cabin in the sub-category and area of the ship we wanted. I finally gave up and called C&A to book over the phone. I did bring up the issues with the new site, and was told that they hadn't received any negative feedback!!!:eek:

Simple question. Don't know if it's been asked before. Don't want to go back thru all the posts.

I want to book a cruise on the Oasis departing Dec 5. Using the website, I can see what the price of a D5 cabin is. How do I find out what the price of a D4 cabin is without calling Royal? I know how I used to do it but how do I do it now? Thanks.

Tim

Simple question. Don't know if it's been asked before. Don't want to go back thru all the posts.

I want to book a cruise on the Oasis departing Dec 5. Using the website, I can see what the price of a D5 cabin is. How do I find out what the price of a D4 cabin is without calling Royal? I know how I used to do it but how do I do it now? Thanks.

Tim

You may have to find a Marconi Wireless operator to get you the info. Apparently RCI blew out their 2400 baud modem on this boondoggle.

Just did a mock booking and it automatically gives me a stateroom however importantly when I select "View or Change Location" under the Room # and Deck Level info it does nothing. So as far as I can see we're stuck with the cabin they auto allocate?? :confused:

Just got off the phone after a change password request also screwed up my username. Poor girl sounded rather frazzled and told me nothing could be done until Monday at the earliest.

Had to take a deep breath and tell myself it's not the problem of the call centre staff, they probably wish they'd taken the week off.

Hello everyone. We will be updating our website, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com starting at midnight. The site will be back up Thursday morning. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Well RCCL, we all thank you so very much for "improving" your website.

After trying to navigate your new website yesterday, I gave up after about 30 minutes. Soooo, I tried again this morning, hoping it had improved and of course, it did not.

Would you please tell us all:

HOW DO YOU SELECT A CATEGORY AND STATEROOM???? :mad:

For example: I would like category D4. How do I get there?

Category D8 comes up automatically. Assigns me a cabin and DOES NOT SHOW available cabins as it used to. Sooooooo, in the box, I type in a cabin that I know is a D4. Now it says "unavailable". Okay, so now I have to keep punching in cabin numbers OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. :mad:

Is there a MAGIC thing that we have to do? Something you don't want us to do?

This is everyone's main complaint, as I am sure representatives are reading on CC. Someone stated that the NEW website is user friendly on our I phones......well, I think I can safely say that most of us DO NOT WANT TO BOOK A CRUISE, SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on a tiny I phone. :mad:

One other change that I noticed - within a category you can now view seemingly a bigger inventory (vs. the previous limit of 15). Granted, you have to navigate to the various decks to see all the available cabins in that category, but they seem to have lifted the listing limit.

Not being able to see other categories is just baffling.:confused:

Edit: if you happen to luck into finding an available cabin in an unlisted category (by typing a cabin number in the Stateroom locator field), then that category inventory is listed. A very difficult way to get there, but I suppose it's possible.

Edited by Biker19

[quote name='Merion_Mom']I "loathe", "despise" and "abhor" the word "hate.'

I HATE THE NEW WEBSITE.

:mad:[/quote]

DITTO MM. Well, if I have to relearn a new website, I might as well get familiar with other cruise line websites. Been hesitant to do so because RC was easy, but....jez, could not even do a quick check at lunch for any price reductions on my pending three cruises.

I wonder whose bright idea was to change the booking site. Can't select by category, eg. d1, d3, etc. Also, tried to do a mock booking and it gives me a D balcony discount instead of the D+. What a waste of resources. Wonder why RCL does not get Pax input as to what they would like to include/exclude from the booking site.

[quote name='DEEDIA']Cannot get on the UK site, all I get is (looks like RCI have gone on holiday)[/quote]
I'm getting the same thing, saying RCI Australia have gone on holiday, strange thing to have on uk site.:rolleyes:

[quote name='middy']I'm getting the same thing, saying RCI Australia have gone on holiday, strange thing to have on uk site.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I've just phoned them, and the U.K. Site will be down for AT LEAST another day. That makes at least 4 days now. They said if need be, we have to do the 'manage my booking' things at the pier.

I have theory. I think, as part of their on going lack of customer service. THe worst they make the website, the more we all go to travel agents for our bookings. And the more we do that, the less people they have to have in the call centers. ???

ps, I just emailed them and asked them if they had hired children for their it dept. you should email them as well.