Royal Caribbean Website Update

Not a bad update to the booking interface... will take some getting used to - HOWEVER, I really wish that they would have done some bug-fixes with this update... Everyone on our cruise roll-call board in December has completed our online check-in but no one can print out our set sail passes. RCCL still has 87 days till we sail, but really would feel better if we can get our set-sail passes printed out.

Edited by SnappyNappi

I see 24 hour courtesy hold has returned for now.. :-)

I noticed that as well.

I was surprised as the booking starts out very similar to the way the UK site starts but then differs at the end and still only shows up to 15 available cabins

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Looks like the upgrade has some good and some bad changes. Can't quite figure out how to return to the list of different cruises in my cruise search once you have entered a specific cruise for more details. Seems like you have to go back to home and start all over again. Also don't like that you can't choose a specific cabin sub-category under each cabin type. Trying to price a D1 cabin and only cabin choices shown are D3. It now seems even more difficult to research a cruise. Hoping there will be some improvements. Has anyone figured out a way to work around this issues?

It's definitely different, but I kinda like it. It took me a minute to figure out how to search for cabins, but at least it seems to bring up more available cabins now.

Of course the big box sites are still easier.

How do you find the pricing and availability of different categories in a class of cabins?

I am looking at Serenade for Dec.4/15 and all the RC site shows me initially is the lowest category of cabin in a class. We're interested in an OV and it only is showing the pricing for Cat.I cabins and which are available which is one.

If I enter another different OV category cabin, like H, G or F then it will show which its pricing and which are available in that category but I have to select a cabin that is available in that category to see that information. I went to an online TA site for the OV availability but I want to book in $CAD directly with RCI and this makes it extremely difficult to do so. :confused:

Looks like the upgrade has some good and some bad changes. Can't quite figure out how to return to the list of different cruises in my cruise search once you have entered a specific cruise for more details. Seems like you have to go back to home and start all over again. Also don't like that you can't choose a specific cabin sub-category under each cabin type. Trying to price a D1 cabin and only cabin choices shown are D3. It now seems even more difficult to research a cruise. Hoping there will be some improvements. Has anyone figured out a way to work around this issues?

As I mentioned in my post above if you put in a know available cabin in the category you want to look at using the View or Change Location button it will bring up the availability and pricing of that category. If you put in a cabin that isn't available in the category you want to research you simply get the message "Stateroom XXXX is not available or could not be found".

Edited by robtulipe

On the minor end of the annoying list, but a pet peeve of mine, I'm tired of finally getting the point of picking the cabin I want and have a pop up tell me how its only $70 more per person day for the next category up.

As I mentioned in my post above if you put in a know available cabin in the category you want to look at using the View or Change Location button it will bring up the availability and pricing of that category. If you put in a cabin that isn't available in the category you want to research you simply get the message "Stateroom XXXX is not available or could not be found".

Thanks, I did that. Not very user friendly though. Seems like it is now taking twice as long to search for a cruise!! :eek: Really hope that Royal IT is following and will make some improvements (might be wishful thinking) ! Seems like besides returning the courtesy hold option, the site went from bad to worse.

On the minor end of the annoying list, but a pet peeve of mine, I'm tired of finally getting the point of picking the cabin I want and have a pop up tell me how its only $70 more per person day for the next category up.

I agree. If I wanted to pick the more expensive cabin I would have done that initially where I can see the cruise fare cost difference.

I don't need to know the increase cost per day per passenger to get to that next class of cabin or suite category as I already have a good idea what that is.

I'm guessing if they show it's only $70 per day instead of $490 per seven night cruise or $700 per ten night cruise it looks and sounds less. :(

Not user friendly at all.....Royal has added 2 extra steps to price check my cruises. At least my bookmarks work this time.

Why can't they just list all cabins available in a category or mark the cabins on the diagram instead of making large boxes showing just a few cabins?

I guess it's prettier.....guess that's what they were going for.

TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!

Just show me ALL the Cabin categories and all the prices on one screen. Once I click on that category show me the available cabins by deck. AARRGGHH!!!! Then have a tab for each discount - C&A, Residence, Military, Senior, Police, etc. It's not that hard. K.I.S.S.

Edited by cynt

Oh my, this one has to be the worst version of the booking engine yet. Are they trying to push people away from booking on their web site or are they using some high school student's class project to save money? I'm just glad I've already booked cruises for next year already so I don't have to try to navigate my way through that mess of an interface.

cant get into my cruises on UK site, just get the following error message once log on is pressed.

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #30.51fda448.1443718464.e7aebe

Not good when its 23 days to sail and I need to complete set sails! :mad:

The update to the site is similar to how Disney's site is. I like the changes - it's more straight forward now. The tabs make it so, you view different screens within the same screen (before you had to go to different screens, which was cumbersome IMO). Also, I like that they brought back the courtesy hold and that they have a coupon box where you add the number of guests. As before, they automatically assign you a cabin, but you can change that by clicking on the hyperlink right below that. Once you add your crown and anchor number, it follows you through as you make the reservation.

The one glitch I did find is when you search for cruises in the Crown and Anchor section, you will get an error page periodically if you add more than 2 guests to a stateroom. You have to hit the back page on your browser, and re-enter your criteria. Then you can continue with the reservation process. They need to fix this (it should've been tested prior to publishing the site actually).

Needless to say, the improvements are just that - an improvement :)

cant get into my cruises on UK site,

Not good when its 23 days to sail and I need to complete set sails! :mad:

yes we are trying to buy beverage packages and complete for our cruise on the 27th but have had the same message for the last 24 hours - frustrating!